how would you celebrate Morrissey's death?

well I f***ing wouldn't, would I? ;)

Just tried out deathclock.

Wow...

I am 6'2" and weigh about 215 lbs. (Was 220 but I just jumped on the scale.... poor scale)
I don't even smoke.

According to them I will be dead in 2023. Sweet.

I only have 15 more years to get on QP's good side.

celebrate? I think you mean mourn.

I don't even want to think about it, but I will say this..

Moz has alot of faithfull fans that love him and there would be alot of memorials for him that day and we will make sure his music/lyrics/memory lives on forever.

you didn't read the 1st post did you?

A bit morbid eh? But After the grief as worn off, would you throw a party to celebrate his life & work? Would you see if you could attend the funeral? Or would you just lay down & cry/die/have a cup of tea?

love

Grim

celebrate? I think you mean mourn.

I don't even want to think about it, but I will say this..

Moz has alot of faithfull fans that love him and there would be alot of memorials for him that day and we will make sure his music/lyrics/memory lives on forever.

love

Grim

I would listen to his records, drink heavily, look at all the pictures I have of him on books, t-shirts, album covers, and wallow in my grief until the storm subsided...

Probably listen to his albums, reflect on the gigs I've seen him, cry & hug someone I care about.

my room, his entire lifes work, tears, and a LOT of vodka.

and maybe some tea.

crying, screaming, drinking, a few days or more off of work, black clothes, a shrink. in that order.

;)

I would listen to his records, drink heavily, look at all the pictures I have of him on books, t-shirts, album covers, and wallow in my grief until the storm subsided...

Probably listen to his albums, reflect on the gigs I've seen him, cry & hug someone I care about.

All of the above.....

It would probably give me pause. I would hope it would not be like when Cobain died and one family member entered their room and was depressed for a couple of days. Life moves on and I have to say while I listen to Morrissey's music he is not a relative or a family member or someone where there exists a real interactive relationship. I have been saddened when relatives, friends and current and former students (you sometimes look at them as your own kids -even the annoying ones) pass away. Morrissey would probably take a backseat to those experiences. If I did not have a candlelight vigil for my Grandfather then why would I have one for Morrissey?

Just throwing that out there.

It would probably give me pause. I would hope it would not be like when Cobain died and one family member entered their room and was depressed for a couple of days. Life moves on and I have to say while I listen to Morrissey's music he is not a relative or a family member or someone where there exists a real interactive relationship. I have been saddened when relatives, friends and current and former students (you sometimes look at them as your own kids -even the annoying ones) pass away. Morrissey would probably take a backseat to those experiences. If I did not have a candlelight vigil for my Grandfather then why would I have one for Morrissey?

Just throwing that out there.
exactly how I feel, to be honest. Not like he's my best mate or anything!

I think we'd need to organize a mass mourning somewhere and all come together to console eachother. I wouldn't know where else to go or what else to do.

You do know the best way to overcome grief, don't you? ;):eek::D

arton51.jpg

OK...first off, I just did the deathclock. I went for a 5'10", 178lb, pessimistic smoker and got myself a lovely appointment with death on April 2, 2029!
Not quite happy with the hand death had dealt me, I went back and lied and said I was 'normal' haha...I got an stay of execution until June 30, 2044! Death is a sucker! BWAhahahahahaha!

As for my reaction when Morrissey passes away. Sure, if he wasn't ill, I'd be shocked at the news. But regardless of the manner in which his death came about, I'd get a bit nostalgic and think about the shows I went to a things of that nature. I'd be sad for his passing and whenever I listened to music, it would probably be Morrissey/Smiths for a week or two. But other than that, my life would continue. Morrissey's music means so much to me and always will, but ultimately, he is not a member of my close circle of friends or family.

Back
Top Bottom