Hindu sacrifice of 250,000 animals begins

Who makes these standards? How are they enforced?

Well, the basics are encoded in the various international agreements that most countries are party to, such as the UN Charter. Beyond that, it's politics. You will find that most governments have a lot of opinions about what is going on in other countries, which they put into practice by whatever means they have and in whatever way seems appropriate - ranging from taking the matter up in bilateral meeting through UN resolutions, political or economic sanctions and in extreme cases, war. Most governments, for instance, do not accept the treatment that Myanmar hands out to its opposition, which puts that on the agenda for most governmental contact and doubtlessly has other effects as well. Nobody says "well, it's their own business what the burmese do, and we're just going to ignore it". Fairly obvious all this, isn't it?

cheers

"It is the traditional way, " explained 45-year old Manoj Shah, a Nepali driver who has been attending the event since he was six, "If we want anything, and we come here with an offering to the goddess, within five years all our dreams will be fulfilled." .

uhhh...so your dream is to be a taxi driver??? You can think bigger than that.

Religious people are stupid.

Um, no. The Holocaust occurred once international military intervention had begun.

Um yes. How many non Nazi Germans said and did nothing when they're Jewish neighbours where draged into the streets quoting similar lines to that stated.

The pc, desperate to not be seen as a rascist (god forbid ). Insist that we must not have to strong an oppinion about there ludicrous and even barbaric social or religeous practices. While countrys are not put under any pressure to educate there peasant populations who still believe the absurd. What do there dark age mentalitys think will happen if they dont cut off the heads of 250,000 cows? which god will be impressed? Why would any right thinking human being give a f*** about what such a daiety thought. Grow up get a grip.

In the mean time the ooh no conflict, don't tell them the rest of us think thats insane bregade, ensure nothing changes.

Exactly the sort of comment that helped Hitler kill 6 million Jews during WW2.

Why do people only mention the jews who were killed? You had, for example, up to 3 million non-Jewish civilian Poles who were killed by Nazi's. Also gay, gypsy, handicapped, etc.

Why do people only mention the jews who were killed? You had, for example, up to 3 million non-Jewish civilian Poles who were killed by Nazi's. Also gay, gypsy, handicapped, etc.

and Jehovahs witnesses, and allsorts of others.

What a bunch of sad bastards. They actually believe that slaughtering animals by the tens of thousands, to some invisible sky spirit is going to work, huh?

Ah, religion. Causing mass murder, genocide, rape, suffering and despair in the name of X all powerful deity.

Business as usual.

I don't understand the outrage.

They're turning the dead into meat, coats, shoes , whatever it is they use bones for. As has been pointed out, it happens in the meat industry many times over every day.

And as for the poster who said we should kill 250,000 Hindus: Well, I seriously don't know where to f***ing begin.

The issue has nothing to do with whats our business and what isn't it's about whats RIGHT and WRONG.

No matter how you twist this, what their doing is WRONG.

Who's more guilty the Murderer or the person that watched and did nothing?

Now despite our current administration I would LIKE to believe that the PEOPLE still stand for what is RIGHT.

Now attn haters, Dont take what I say to mean that I think we should go sticking our noses in other countries business just stand up for what is FUNDAMENTALLY RIGHT.

So what is our "leader" doing about this evil act of murder?
Why, he's hosting a dinner of course! What a joke. He isnt doing it PEOPLE, time for us to start telling him so.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/4681739-barack-obama-hosts-dinner-in-white-house

Wake up PEOPLE of The United States of America, take the few minutes each week to contact your states person and tell them how you feel about issues.

The issue has nothing to do with whats our business and what isn't it's about whats RIGHT and WRONG.

No matter how you twist this, what their doing is WRONG.

Who's more guilty the Murderer or the person that watched and did nothing?

Now despite our current administration I would LIKE to believe that the PEOPLE still stand for what is RIGHT.

Now attn haters, Dont take what I say to mean that I think we should go sticking our noses in other countries business just stand up for what is FUNDAMENTALLY RIGHT.

So what is our "leader" doing about this evil act of murder?
Why, he's hosting a dinner of course! What a joke. He isnt doing it PEOPLE, time for us to start telling him so.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/4681739-barack-obama-hosts-dinner-in-white-house

Wake up PEOPLE of The United States of America, take the few minutes each week to contact your states person and tell them how you feel about issues.

I'll tell you what (and I'm repeating myself from another thread), get America sorted out before you go around the world telling everyone else how to live their lives.

And if you think any regime in the world (other than Pakistan or China) would even consider attacking India then you're mental. You would lose. You would lose on a startling scale.

We might not like it, we might express our outrage, but it's none of our business to interfere.

Peter

The words interfere and business are the key. It's all of our business. You say "people in another country" later, but besides living in our countries we live on the planet, and to the degree that we choose causes to give our energy too, I guess it's as sensible to be as outraged at this festival as at the meat industry's regular operations. If this were something that people get that shocked enough about we could boycott Indian business. I think it's more that this is a spectacular event and seems barbaric, ritualistic, and primitive to many people that this has an emotional connection.

I just don't like the idea that we should mind our own business in regard to in barbaric practices of other countries, but we do need to solve our own problems first.

so I was reading the initial post and found it surprisingly upsetting :eek: to a "pro non-interference" and meat eater such as myself :o
then I saw

this :love:
so thx Stephen, your avatar always brings a smile to my face and reminds me that not all of the world is such a terrible place :blushing:

The words interfere and business are the key. It's all of our business. You say "people in another country" later, but besides living in our countries we live on the planet, and to the degree that we choose causes to give our energy too, I guess it's as sensible to be as outraged at this festival as at the meat industry's regular operations. If this were something that people get that shocked enough about we could boycott Indian business. I think it's more that this is a spectacular event and seems barbaric, ritualistic, and primitive to many people that this has an emotional connection.

I just don't like the idea that we should mind our own business in regard to in barbaric practices of other countries, but we do need to solve our own problems first.

Common sense rules, well said

Take China for example, they're not such a trustworthy government when it comes to shsshing their own people on matters such as child snatching off the streets in order to provide old couples with a son and heir for their retirement purposes, but does this mean we have to keep a closeted closed view on what really happens there? No, I don't think so

I'm sorry, but this shit is just not right.

I agree.. it's not right.. but few religions are.

I do think it's funny that someone named platypus is talking about things that aren't right ;)

Tags
get me a hanky
Back
Top Bottom