Hawick, Scotland - Hawick Town Hall (June 21, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (may not be in correct order)

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by Because

Last edited:
Are you suggesting I'm a troll?

No> Learn to read.

Group-trolling; it's the hippy branch of trolling. The Glastonbury of Trolling, even.

It's a giant muddy garbage dump in which you also find dead cows.
Luckily, sometimes, the big troll misses and an innocent cow lives to see another day of signs!

(Cow-trolls are usually failed cow-boys who are getting a bit desperate.)

No> Learn to read.

Group-trolling; it's the hippy branch of trolling. The Glastonbury of Trolling, even.

It's a giant muddy garbage dump in which you also find dead cows.
Luckily, sometimes, the big troll misses and an innocent cow lives to see another day of signs!

(Cow-trolls are usually failed cow-boys who are getting a bit desperate.)

The biggest trolls have spoken up against anonymous posts. The very people who so perfectly demonstrate in the forums that getting away with anonymous posts does not get away with the nastiness. Amazing.

I think there were only 750 people there. Statistically we may be here forever. :D

just what hawick badly needed - Morrissey to brighten it up a bit. what a strange place - the locals looked pissed off and even the cats were mardy. mind u, i'd be none too happy being stuck there for too long .... and those hawick balls sweets! - dear God please help me.

troll
I wonder why people get excited about seeing him yet again. Watching an old fat man with tits from eating too much crisps. That's entertainment?

as Morrissey himself says, some people just dont want you to have happiness. old fat man comments like this probably make the man self conscious these days about throwing his shirt to the crowd. Aw c'mon Morrissey throw your shirt and think f*ck them that call you fat, they're only jealous of ya!

The first time i saw Morrissey in my life (17 years old) and it was a absolute storm of a gig!

I've been to a few gigs in my short lifetime but last night topped it off, the crowd sang every word back to Moz for almost if not every song! Cracking venue and it was nice to see soo many young, like minded idividuals, here's hoping i get sorted for Middelsbrough!

LG - Live Forever

:guitar:

22.06.11 22:38
For the benefit of those starting - or part way through - a journey down to Glastonbury. Don't worry if you are running late. And don't worry if you have left a good pair of wellingtons behind. You can hear this with thanks to the BBC live on the M6 (and the A39) whilst shopping for another pair. You will need them...

#
24 Jun 2011 21:00–22:00
BBC Four
Morrissey
Mark Radcliffe introduces Morrissey's performance from the Pyramid Stage.
#

The happiest days of our lives ? With Stoke around the corner, oh yes.

People are the same everywhere,

Hazard.

Great concert, really enjoyed it. Morrissey was on good form and looked much better than the tour in 2009. Quite a few of the songs were played quite slowly, which I thought really worked, he was very theatrical with the pronunciation of some of the lyrics. Speedway was particularly good, I'd forgotten what a great song it is. No shirt throwing, maybe he has decided that he is too old for that these days. He came on wearing a sparkly shirt when he did the encore, a bit like the ones he wore in the early 90s. Agree with others that Meat is Murder was incredibly powerful.

Ended up getting very drunk in a pub down the road from the venue. A great night!

Quite a few of the songs were played quite slowly, which I thought really worked

I noticed that. I saw him for the first time at the 2nd Barrowlands show in '09 and it was incredibly fast-paced. This time was...lighter, shall we say (but no less amazingly fantastic) i.e playing Sunday and Light earlier on as well as the mid tempo/ballad section from Satellite of Love through to Meat Is Murder. But yeah, it fit perfectly and was wonderful. :blushing:

No-one see that thing (non sure if it was a bloke or a woman) spark up a fag and then piss him/herself?? Near the front, to the right of the stage. Too much Tennants for him/her before the gig. It smelt like shit before it marinated itself in piss, dirty get.

Yeah, I was stood right next to it! Could smell the dirty bastard all the way through I Know It's Over.

Just realized that no one has really mentioned Julia. Is she at the shows? Is he still giving her a shout out?

Just realized that no one has really mentioned Julia. Is she at the shows? Is he still giving her a shout out?

She was there, I stood directly behind her - but no shout out.

The gig was simply amazing, can't get much better. At 52 he does what nobody else can do. Fantastic. Even managed to just make it on stage, for the shortest of moments during Irish Blood.

Hawick was a great place too, met a lot of very nice people from Georgia to Manchester. Will hold fond memories of this particular gig for years to come, I'm sure!

damn, no BBC4 here in the Ntherlands, got cable i'net/phone/tv from UPC

shall look on the mediabox from UPC if there's BB4.

only BBC1 and 2 are standard
:thumb:
anyway thanks fot the news that's broadcasted

Fair play for getting on stage! Did you get roughed up & thrown out? I made an attempt in Dublin a few years back - managed to get a handshake from Moz but was given a bit of a beating & thrown straight out in the street!

First time ever seen Morrissey although seen the Smiths a few times. Thought it was brilliant. Vocals really good and strong and he just looked so great. Good intimate venue although the security were quite ridiculous making everyone sit down in the balconies - amateurs! Highlight for me was I know its over - brought a tear to the old glass eye1
Re-living on You Tube hoping there's more stuff to come.

does troll stand for, the ringleader of low life.could do.ignore them every post.

All I need to say is, "I was there."

Simply amazing, second time I've seen him, last time was on the David Bowie tour the night before he walked/got thrown off.

Best gig for years. Maybe forever.

In years to come there will be many who claim to have been there that night a bit like the 400,000 who claim to have been at Wembley when England w*n the W*rld C*p in 1966.

But, I was there, next to the Mum, Dad, and daughter who all danced and sang along.

If you ever read this site Mozz, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom