Forest Hills, NY show 2019-09-07 selling 4 tickets for $99 (no fees) this weekend

Not necessarily due to "appaling sales", Forest Hills Stadium does this for many shows (including Blondie/Elvis Costello), especially to sell the Upper tier, and for Moz it's the Upper tier only that is available at this price.

Not necessarily due to "appaling sales", Forest Hills Stadium does this for many shows (including Blondie/Elvis Costello), especially to sell the Upper tier, and for Moz it's the Upper tier only that is available at this price.

That is absolutely not what I meant. I was looking at the availability.

‘poor ticket sales!!!’

‘Moz only to blame himself !!!’

:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::drama:

blah blah blah...

:sleeping:

Bit of a mystery, this tour, and some of the locations given his recent run on Bway. I wouldn't expect anything in the greater PA/NJ/NY area to sell particularly well.
He makes up the Canada cancellations rightly (hope so).
Still hasn't made up a couple of cancellations from last tour (including Boston/Orpheum theatre show. thorn in my side)

No amount of your whining is going to change a thing. Morrissey has a robust, broad and durable international base of adoring fans who will go and see him to enjoy the SONGS. The songs that serve as a soundtrack to their bored minds while they are on the job processing insurance claims or doing dull as nails data entry, the songs that *I* will put on when im doing yoga, the songs that saved your life! If you don't like him, you should find someone else to look at. This isn't good for your health!

In way you are right. He will always have SOME support.
He will have a legacy.

But you are seriously mad if you think there hasn't been a significant drop.
Morrissey used to sell out these venues on his own and with charity support from KY

Now he can't sell with a major act as support. It's very serious.
Now some of us are still fans but dislike his views but it's a smaller crowd that's getting smaller. He's main support is now alt right and the cult members.

This is getting tragic. All come about due to him and his 'friends'.

Nazi Pete, king of Bradford

I'm not mad at all. He'll survive this. It'll be fine.

Oh course he’ll survive it. But his image and reputation are forever tarnished. His fan base has declined significantly, whether you can admit it or not. What’s left are basically the ones in denial, the ones that don’t really give a shit (not giving a shit about Moz cavorting with bigots and racists is beyond me, but whatever), or the new, far-right, racist contingent. He is an islamaphobe, that much is totally obvious, so you are either cool with that, or not.

Less than 20 quid a throw!

He wants to guarantee a crowd. I bet that this is being recorded for a Christmas DVD / Blu Ray.

Wow. He’s scraping the barrel now.

Back in the late 80s, early 90s - ignorant, angry, classless, spoon-fed bullies used to poke fun at those of us who wore Smiths gear. They called us f*****s and pussies.

Now, the crotch droppings of those ignorant, angry, classless, spoon-fed bullies are Morrissey’s fan base.

Strange times, indeed.

Moz is not cavorting with bigots. As far as I can tell, he's not cavorting with anyone. As for whether he is an Islamphobe or not, I can't say because I've never had a conversation with him about it. Much of what he's said has been contextualized to suit a narrative. Some of what he's said could use further clarification. Hopefully one day he will clarify his position.

I can't talk about this anymore, Clapton is waiting for me to brief him! Leave my Morrissey alone or I'll wring your neck.
His words are ALL there. ...in writing and audio formats, if you’re not deaf and illiterate. He doesn’t do sit-downs with anyone, except family and wing-nuts who he finds dear. The rest are via email, so context is a non-issue.

If you need to have a one-on-one with him to sort your position on the garbage that dribbles from his slack-jaw and fingertips, you need q-tips, candling and - quite possibly - full-frontal lobotomization.

...but you’re not here Morrissey anyway. You’re not even a Morrissey fan. You’re a bitter, angry troll. Just like the rest of the lippy twats around here who’ve come to Morrissey’s defence.

Morrissey’s 20+ past years of output have been terrible. Elevator music. Weak as pablum. Lyrically? ...obvious trite, bullshit. You don’t like his music. You like what he says. ...and he LOVES that you like it. He revels in the fact that he can whip cut-rate musicians in shitty t-shirts into a pension top-up.

Still hasn’t paid Joyce (that’s why he fled the UK) or the IRS (that’s why Mexico will be his next address).

Let’s shake things up. Here’s an idea... Moz (Vox), Robinson (Guitar), Waters (Bass) and a PETA ensemble (Drums and percussion). The music couldn’t possible be worse. ...and his new “fans” will ensure that he doesn’t have to keep cancelling because NOBODY wants to hear his crap.

Enjoy the “revolution”, wee-un. The cognoscente folks still out-number shitstains like you 100:1.

Must piss people off who have paid the normal price?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom