For Britain ceases to exist, Anne-Marie Waters says her support "has collapsed"

Well, that's a right f***ing shame, innit? Wonder how Mogsy's gonna take the news?

Excerpt:

For Britain, one of the UK’s most prominent far-right parties, has suddenly announced it will cease operations.

Anne Marie Waters, head of the anti-immigrant For Britain party, said her support “has collapsed” and that she is quitting electoral politics immediately. “The process of closing everything down has started today,” she said in a statement to members.

Her party was once deemed one of the best-organised far-right parties in the country, boasting a handful of councillors. Tommy Robinson, who has the largest online following of any far-right activist in Britain, gave the party a boost when he joined this spring. The Smiths frontman Morrissey said that Waters was the first person in his life that he had voted for.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, this For Britain news fades into the backdrop – along with M's association with it – and M remains silent on the matter. There's so much positive momentum right now with the incredible energy at his recent shows, the quality of the new songs, and the potential for the new album to be released.

As for climate change denying or affirming... doesn't matter. The human race is marching toward extinction and it will happen in one way or another, probably sooner rather than later. No one wants to change a damned thing about the way they live to help themselves or anyone else. We've had our shot... cocked it all up. Goodnight and thank you.

I am genuinely interested in why you say this and what you mean by it.

Do you mean that very, very occasionally he might have had a bite of cheese or spoon of honey in something?

Or do you mean his veganism is somehow genuinely a fraud!?! . . . !!

I don't think he's ever actually said he's vegan. He hates labels. He's said he doesn't eat anything that had a mother. Does butter have a mother?

Hopefully, this For Britain news fades into the backdrop – along with M's association with it – and M remains silent on the matter. There's so much positive momentum right now with the incredible energy at his recent shows, the quality of the new songs, and the potential for the new album to be released.

As for climate change denying or affirming... doesn't matter. The human race is marching toward extinction and it will happen in one way or another, probably sooner rather than later. No one wants to change a damned thing about the way they live to help themselves or anyone else. We've had our shot... cocked it all up. Goodnight and thank you.
It doesn’t need to fade into anywhere. No one is reporting it in the first place.
They’re all to busy dealing with the fact that it gets hot in summer.

I am genuinely interested in why you say this and what you mean by it.

Do you mean that very, very occasionally he might have had a bite of cheese or spoon of honey in something?

Or do you mean his veganism is somehow genuinely a fraud!?! . . . !!

Mmm yes something like that. ;)

Someone recently said he looked " toned". ( if he's toned then I'm He-man...But this is not about me.. it never is...) so I immediately wondered where he got his "muscles" from and I thought " what does he do to when he runs out of vegan protein shake? He can't let himself go all flabby, he would stop selling records! He must have an egg or two then."

My friends call me Scooby.
(Well it's better than being called Sammy.)( Shaggy I mean.)

Last edited:
One of the amusing things about Skinny is his insistence that Morrissey's decline as a popular artiste can be *entirely* attributed to Mozzer's far right friends.
It's delusional, like he can't accept that his hero had a decline nor more severe than countless other musicians.
Manic Street Preachers, Elbow, David Gray, Paul Weller, Coldplay (to a degree) - all selling way more than Steven in his pomp, now struggling to sell buttons.
What's different with Morrissey is the people he pissed off the most were those every gig on the tour people, like Skinny, that made those concerts look more popular than they in fact were.
I don't like Morrissey's politics, I didn't buy Dog on a Chain because I listened to it once and it was s***. One thing isn't the whole thing
It's true that the old acts (and pretty much all acts) sell many fewer now than they did 20 or even 10 years ago. However, the 80's bands have never been more popular on the live circuit. even total crap like Deacon Blue are playing to their biggest ever audiences. Weller remains massively successful live as do the Manic St Preachers. And in early 2018 Morrissey had his most successful ever UK tour, solo or Smiths.
But then everything crumbled rapidly and dramatically, and it's not hard to work out why. He had a live audience of around 60,000 up to then. Now he's struggling to sell a third of those tickets.
Here's a recent quote from someone beneath the Morrissey tour advert on Facebook.
"Jeremy Taylor I've seen M so many times in the past. Will not be seeing this tour. His support for Anne Marie Waters and the far right "For Britain" organisation mean that I cannot possibly go and see him live." (47 likes, 5 loves).
The damage he did to his legacy and fanbase in 2018/2019 is pretty much without comparison.

It's true that the old acts (and pretty much all acts) sell many fewer now than they did 20 or even 10 years ago. However, the 80's bands have never been more popular on the live circuit. even total crap like Deacon Blue are playing to their biggest ever audiences. Weller remains massively successful live as do the Manic St Preachers. And in early 2018 Morrissey had his most successful ever UK tour, solo or Smiths.
But then everything crumbled rapidly and dramatically, and it's not hard to work out why. He had a live audience of around 60,000 up to then. Now he's struggling to sell a third of those tickets.
Here's a recent quote from someone beneath the Morrissey tour advert on Facebook.
"Jeremy Taylor I've seen M so many times in the past. Will not be seeing this tour. His support for Anne Marie Waters and the far right "For Britain" organisation mean that I cannot possibly go and see him live." (47 likes, 5 loves).
The damage he did to his legacy and fanbase in 2018/2019 is pretty much without comparison.
How many times are you going to make the same post?
You must bore the ass off anyone who has the misfortune to cross your path.

The damage was done by a homophobic press who also amplified their shoddy hatred on their social media accounts.

There's been silence from most of them for nearly a year now - with a only a couple still stupid/uninformed enough to keep smearing him.

The damage was done by a homophobic press who also amplified their shoddy hatred on their social media accounts.

There's been silence from most of them for nearly a year now - with a only a couple still stupid/uninformed enough to keep smearing him.
Wait, what? Who said all those things and wore all those badges? Was it someone else? And you're blaming homophobia for all of this?

What is wrong with you?

How many times are you going to make the same post?
You must bore the ass off anyone who has the misfortune to cross your path.
Gosh, you are quite the simpleton aren't you?
I'll try and explain - Emotional Guide Dog claimed that Morrissey's support for the far right had limited impact on his fanbase, by explaining that loads of other acts sell many fewer albums these days. I pointed out that while album sales are indeed down across the board for these acts, their tours are more successful than ever, playing to bigger crowds if anything. This was happening to Mr Morrissey, too, until early 2018. Then, it all crumbled. Hope that's a little clearer for you.

Wait, what? Who said all those things and wore all those badges? Was it someone else? And you're blaming homophobia for all of this?

What is wrong with you?

His words & motivations were taken out of context.

Finsbury Park was a homophobic hate crime that they deliberately lied about.

What made you so vindictive that you'll spread bigoted lies just because he's difficult?

I'll try and explain - Emotional Guide Dog claimed that Morrissey's support for the far right had limited impact on his fanbase, by explaining that loads of other acts sell many fewer albums these days. I pointed out that while album sales are indeed down across the board for these acts, their tours are more successful than ever, playing to bigger crowds if anything. This was happening to Mr Morrissey, too, until early 2018. Then, it all crumbled. Hope that's a little clearer for you.

I'll concede you make a good point on the nostalgia acts, even my Dad went to see Culture Club recently, he certainly wasn't a fan at the time.

It'd be interesting to see how Morrissey got on if he did a 'Greatest Hits' tour that was openly advertised as such.

No Mike, it’s you who is a dunce. A boring one, to boot.
We’ve heard you once, you don’t need to repeat the same thing over and over.
I don’t dispute Morrissey hasn’t had a hand in fan reduction but, what are you achieving in repeating it in every other post you make.
If it bothers you, leave the gigs to us.

What is wrong with you?

all those badges’ ?

May want to go and get your eyes checked if you’re seeing more than one. Or maybe just your head.

I read through their entire "manifesto" because of this pin thing, there's some ok ideas , some daft ones, no one noticed they folded because no one noticed them before they folded.

sick to death of Labour and Tories we all may be but there'll never be another party (short of a coalition making a false government) other than those two in charge, not in our lifetimes, the key is improving existing parties,, not supporting fringe parties that only split a vote. I hope Moz has learned this? Probably not.....put the whole sorry incident in the history bin Mozza.

The key is destroying the main party's. Don't be a sheep.

That's a bit of good news for a weeknight. Though I didn't think they had much support to 'collapse' in the first place.

Yere, a political party opposed to the cultural destruction of a western country, sure is reason to jump for joy. Pathetic.

What's the point of having a far-right fringe party when there's a far-right Government.

Although we all know that Skinny's issue with Waters is less her politics and more that she's a woman with an opinion, he hates that.

You mean the "far-right" party that has half of it's prime minister candidates who are non-English......the one that allows thousands of economic migrants to get on a boat and walk into the country? The one that allows mass immigration from Africa and the third world? That one?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom