Final combined co-write data/stats

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
Does this illustrate that Morrissey’s talent is declining as he ages or that his more recent collaborators aren’t as talented as his earlier collaborators? Or both? I dunno.
Really good question! Does it depend on how much we believe Morrissey brings to each song, and how much his collaborators / producers also bring?

I know there's the obvious thing of "collaborators compose the music, then Moz sings his words over the top, and the producer pulls it all together" but behind that there's a really grey area, no? Like, sometimes Morrissey's words and vocal melody bring absolute magic to a weak/mediocre backing track*, and other times he's handed something much more interesting and seems to do very little with it. And other times, of course, both elements are great, or both are feeble.

*In my view this happens quite often...

If you get the chance, @Mozmar could you tot up the scores for the albums?
Guessing Vauxhall will still be top but wondering if High School may now at the bottom.
Be good to see how Dog on a Chain has fared.

Guessing Vauxhall will still be top but wondering if High School may now at the bottom.
I'll take a look at some point over the coming days, but I do actually have other (slightly more important) things to do in the real world. Just for the record, I don't work for 'solo'...

I'll take a look at some point over the coming days, but I do actually have other (slightly more important) things to do in the real world. Just for the record, I don't work for 'solo'...
Indeed and no rush at all.
In many respects we do all work for Solo, though, don't way?
Spend countless hours here providing lengthy content for free!

Last edited:
I think Cali Son will be at the bottom. Plenty of time to find out.

Providing average scores for the main albums is doable.
Are you just looking for data re; the 13 studio albums (VH/KU/YA/V&I/SG/Maladjusted/YATQ/ROTT/YOR/WP/LIHS/CS/DOAC), ignoring Legacy/Dlx/Expanded versions?

If so, I could tackle that maybe sometime next week after we complete the scoring for 'Covers Part 2', which obviously includes stuff from California Son. I've got most of the data (less that for CS), & have done some preliminary work.

Are you just looking for data re; the 13 studio albums (VH/KU/YA/V&I/SG/Maladjusted/YATQ/ROTT/YOR/WP/LIHS/CS/DOAC), ignoring Legacy/Dlx/Expanded versions?

If so, I could tackle that maybe sometime next week after we complete the scoring for 'Covers Part 2', which obviously includes stuff from California Son. I've got most of the data (less that for CS), & have done some preliminary work.
Yes they should be UK original versions of each studio album. Could you include Bona Drag just for fun?

Yep, I would say to focus on the albums as they were originally released to give a fair comparison. If you wanted to review the expanded versions at a later date, no harm in doing so! Thanks.
PS As for doing Bona Drag as someone else suggests, it only really makes sense to my mind if other compilations are also totted up.

Yep, I would say to focus on the albums as they were originally released to give a fair comparison. If you wanted to review the expanded versions at a later date, no harm in doing so! Thanks.
PS As for doing Bona Drag as someone else suggests, it only really makes sense to my mind if other compilations are also totted up.
Indeed, I won't include BD.

No, I don't agree that more time = more votes; each co-write had 4 days, and, on average (shown by the red line), attracted 33 voters, thereby providing a decent sample size; a bigger sample size doesn't guarantee different results. This is more or less borne out when these recent scores are compared to those from 2014, there's not much difference in all honesty. Here's a data graphic showing voters/co-write:

View attachment 91567

*(Other: Armstrong/Cobrin/Farrell/Langer/Rourke/WSK)
What software are you using, Mozmar? You seem most adept. Are you drawing from skills you use otherwise? Impressive!

The incomplete score for BOT, based on the 7 songs that we have heard, i. s 6,79.
JKC is the real spoiler in that nest.

Final Results (bar 1)

1. Vauxhall And I - 8.608
2. Your Arsenal - 8.439
3. Viva Hate - 8.063
4. You Are The Quarry - 7.840
5. Southpaw Grammar - 7.426
6. Maladjusted - 7.309
7. Ringleader Of The Tormentors - 7.298
8. Kill Uncle - 7.133
9. Years Of Refusal - 6.987
10. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - 6.866
11. World Peace Is None Of Your Business - 6.662
12. Low In High School - 6.249
LEADERBOARD (Update)

1) Vauxhall And I - 1,288 pts
2) Your Arsenal - 1,164.5 pts
3) Viva Hate - 1,115.5 pts
4) You Are The Quarry - 928.5 pts
5) I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - 744 pts
6) Southpaw Grammar - 709.5 pts
7) Maladjusted - 692.5 pts
8) Ringleader Of The Tormentors - 679 pts
9) Years Of Refusal - 602.5 pts
10) World Peace Is None Of Your Business - 588.5 pts
11) Kill Uncle - 524 pts
12) Low In High School - 420.5 pts
13) California Son - 276.5 pts

Final results similar to 13 Morrissey studio albums ranking done 2-3 years back. Note big drop for IANADOAC and KU a bit higher.

Final Results (bar 1)

1. Vauxhall And I - 8.608
2. Your Arsenal - 8.439
3. Viva Hate - 8.063
4. You Are The Quarry - 7.840
5. Southpaw Grammar - 7.426
6. Maladjusted - 7.309
7. Ringleader Of The Tormentors - 7.298
8. Kill Uncle - 7.133
9. Years Of Refusal - 6.987
10. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - 6.866
11. World Peace Is None Of Your Business - 6.662
12. Low In High School - 6.249
Demanding audience.

As we've now completed the 'Covers', & 'Co-Write' projects, I can start to merge & filter the album data, & provide average scores for the main 13 studio albums. I'll post these scores once I've gone through, & checked, the data (@Mike Rourke).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go; album average scores:
album scores.JPG

Back
Top Bottom