Ever wonder what is the real use in all of this?

Oh, Mozzy.... I'm not sure why you come and post here, we're clearly not able to give you the kind of support you're looking for. I hope you do find that support, and soon.

Best of luck!

See, the thing of it is, when you have a high-professional job meaning, you supposed to be an asset to the community, people clearly think you have some higher standards on ways of living.

However, when I tell my colleagues whom I thought were my friends that I'm excited that I'm travelling to see my favorite bands for gigs, they seemingly look their noses down snottily at me thinking I'm below their professional standards...this is hurtful b/c it makes me think I'm being immature about my responsibilities in my employment.

Secondly though, I'm a very happy person in life yet, uncontent b/c I just thought by at least 30 I would've been married but, my ex-fiancee' died. It would be nice to be wanted, desired, cared about & yes....loved...Plus, I've had very, very unsuccessful attempts & processes in the dating world. Therefore, I'm a realist. I believe what I believe in that I do NOT have a soul-mate or a true love. Hey, call that cynicalism but, I call it reality. Trust me as I've always said realistically, no-one is pining or crying over my heart & never will...that's just LIFE.

RE: MEET-UPS: Finally to clarify all of that, someone is ALWAYS "better" than you in all terms of life whether it be by their money/looks/wit/charm/education/occupation. It's just sad b/c seriously, sometimes it is just HARD to walk into a room at these meet-ups knowing this...and how everyone is comparing themselves against you immediately. That's the main reason I ANGST at going to these stupid meet-ups. There, I said it.

Still though, I'm happy for everyone & positive for the future while being non-judgemental, non-discriminatory. I care about people & again, thanks for the inputs. I am just clarifying what I feel regarding all of this...

Yes, Mozzy, but everyone else is simultaneously comparing themselves to you, as you are to them, and while you think they're finding you lacking, they are probably finding themselves lacking. I guarantee you that those who have families and lots of domestic responsibilities are jealous of your ability to pursue the things you love. I guarantee it. They might mask that in snobbery, but know the truth.

For everything you give up, you gain something. You can't have everything.

And now I must go read "The Math Man" to the most articulate and demanding five-year-old ever. Bye.

Well, I went with a friend on the Malajusted tour (usually I attend shows alone) and after it was over, I told him, "okay, that's it. No more shows. I've seen him enough anyway and I feel like I'm too old to enjoy it." Bite my tongue because when Quarry came out, I went to all the shows I could! I wonder about old Julia Riley, attending every show in existence and wonder how she does it? Does she think Moz is going to befriend her? ( I don't think they're friends in the usual sense) Everything I have done in connection with Moz has NOT been a waste. What he's given me, I give back by going to his shows and purchasing his albums.

See, the thing of it is, when you have a high-professional job meaning, you supposed to be an asset to the community, people clearly think you have some higher standards on ways of living.

However, when I tell my colleagues whom I thought were my friends that I'm excited that I'm travelling to see my favorite bands for gigs, they seemingly look their noses down snottily at me thinking I'm below their professional standards...this is hurtful b/c it makes me think I'm being immature about my responsibilities in my employment.

Secondly though, I'm a very happy person in life yet, uncontent b/c I just thought by at least 30 I would've been married but, my ex-fiancee' died. It would be nice to be wanted, desired, cared about & yes....loved...Plus, I've had very, very unsuccessful attempts & processes in the dating world. Therefore, I'm a realist. I believe what I believe in that I do NOT have a soul-mate or a true love. Hey, call that cynicalism but, I call it reality. Trust me as I've always said realistically, no-one is pining or crying over my heart & never will...that's just LIFE.

RE: MEET-UPS: Finally to clarify all of that, someone is ALWAYS "better" than you in all terms of life whether it be by their money/looks/wit/charm/education/occupation. It's just sad b/c seriously, sometimes it is just HARD to walk into a room at these meet-ups knowing this...and how everyone is comparing themselves against you immediately. That's the main reason I ANGST at going to these stupid meet-ups. There, I said it.

Still though, I'm happy for everyone & positive for the future while being non-judgemental, non-discriminatory. I care about people & again, thanks for the inputs. I am just clarifying what I feel regarding all of this...

To be honest i really think you should stop analysing everything because it will send you mad.Life happens when you're just getting on with it and things occur when you least expect it.The world is not fair and people are not always treated equal.

I really do believe that you should not give two hoots what anyone elses opinion of you is,your looks or social status.( I mean everyone not just you)

but what exactly has your job and work colleagues got to do with what bands you go and see?

exactly

I'd be willing to bet that most of your colleagues do not care what you do in your spare time.

If you are truly happy, then why do you feel the need to continually tell everyone here how happy you are? It sounds as if you're trying to convince yourself.

I have a proven track record where I HAVE bought drinks for forum members. My opponent has yet to demonstrate their history in displaying their booty for the forum.

Personally I'll take a cute drunk girl over a strange man offering me a drink. But that's just me. :D

Vote Cassisus/Nugz...say no to strange men offering you a drink!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom