Coachella 2010 Line-Up Announced

modrevolve

Standard Model
poster.jpg

Thanx so much for this...some real greats in there this year!!

FRIDAY APRIL 16: Jay-Z, LCD Soundsystem, Them Crooked Vultures, Vampire Weekend, Deadmau5, Public Image Limited, The Specials, Grizzly Bear, Passion Pit, Echo and the Bunnymen, Benny Benassi, Fever Ray, Grace Jones, She & Him, Erol Alkan, The Avett Brothers, Calle 13, The Whitest Boy Alive, The Cribs, La Roux, Yeasayer, Lucero, DJ Lance Rock, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Proxy, Ra Ra Riot, Deer Tick, Wolfgang Gartner, Aeroplane, Iglu & Hartly, Sleigh Bells, P.O.S., Baroness, Hockey, Little Dragon, White Rabbits, Wale, Kate Miller-Heidke, As Tall as Lions, Jets Overhead, Alana Grace, Pablo Hassan.

SATURDAY, APRIL 17: Muse, Faith No More, Tiësto, MGMT, David Guetta, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Devo, Coheed and Cambria, Kaskade, 2Many DJ's, Major Lazer, Dirty Projectors, Gossip, Z-Trip, The xx, John Waters, Les Claypool, The Raveonettes, Mew, Sia, Camera Obscura, Tokyo Police Club, Porcupine Tree, Old Crow Medicine Show, Aterciopalados, Bassnectar, Frightened Rabbit, Dirty South, Flying Lotus, Corinne Bailey Rae, Pretty Lights, Shooter Jennings, RX Bandits, The Almighty Defenders, Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, Craze & Klever, Zoe, The Temper Trap, Portugal. The Man, Band of Skulls, Girls, Beach House, Steel Train, Frank Turner.

SUNDAY, APRIL 18: Gorillaz, Pavement, Thom Yorke????, Phoenix, Orbital, Spoon, Sly and the Family Stone, De La Soul, Julian Casablancas, Plastikman, Gary Numan, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sunny Day Real Estate, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Deerhunter, Infected Mushroom, Club 75, Matt & Kim, The Big Pink, Gil Scott-Heron, King Khan and the Shrines, Florence and the Machine, Yann Tiersen, Little Boots, Miike Snow, Talvin Singh, Ceu, B.o.B., Babasonicos, Owen Pallett, The Glitch Mob, Mayer Hawthorne, Local Natives, Rusko, The Middle East, Hadouken!, The Soft Pack, Kevin Devine, Paparazzi, Delphic, One EskimO.

sure some awesome groups are playing, but standing in a desert for 3 days with thousands of dbags... no thanks!

What puzzles me is that people have the nerve to classify Gorillaz as an actual band. I don't know how that's even legal.

If Gorillaz are playing, I also want to see the Looney Tunes live.

the ones that might make me go:
FRIDAY APRIL 16: LCD Soundsystem, Public Image Limited, The Specials, Echo and the Bunnymen, Benny Benassi, Grace Jones, She & Him
SATURDAY, APRIL 17:Faith No More, Tiësto, MGMT, Hot Chip, Devo, The Raveonettes, Camera Obscura

SUNDAY, APRIL 18: Gorillaz, Pavement, Thom Yorke????, Orbital, De La Soul, Gary Numan, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Yo La Tengo, Infected Mushroom, Gil Scott-Heron

the underlined ones being the most important
Charlotte Gainsbourg more than any others though, but hopefully she will San Francisco too :love:

Worst line-up ever. With the shape of the economy (especially here in So Cal) and this mediocre line-up, I can't see this year's Coachella being a success. At least our Moz won't be there to ruin it for those that do go. :rolleyes:

I hoping that means an East Coast show or two as well:thumb:

Ehh, somehow I don't think it's likely :(
Coachella is different than any old East Coast show. At this time I think it's unlikely that PiL would do many more live gigs in America, at least.
Lydon's trying to raise money to record a new album, so once he has a record label backing PiL, then I think we'll see a world tour with new material. :guitar:

And even then, chances of him coming to Pittsburgh for me are very slim :o, and at this moment (being a university student) I don't have sufficient funds for extended traveling :blushing:

sure some awesome groups are playing, but standing in a desert for 3 days with thousands of dbags... no thanks!

that's what i thought last year before i went for the first time. turns out there are no more (and certainly no less) douche bags than any average show in LA

the line up doesn't have any 'OHMYf***INGGOD" acts like Throbbing Gristle this year, but there's at least 5 bands a day i wanna see...a few more if i stretch a little

they aren't selling single day passes this year, at least not in advance...so that could possibly weed out even more hipsters, but it'll cost you almost $300

Exactly. But if somebody put a gun to my head and said pick a day or die, I'd go Sunday. :p

Gil Scott Heron and Sly and the Family Stone! That's pretty exciting.

Back
Top Bottom