Boz Boorer - new single/video "Slippery Forces"

Loved it, doesn't sound like a cockney when singing!
And as mentioned, far better than that (c)rap nonsense he's been peddling recently.
How does he find time to fit it all in??
Hope he does a bit of a tour to promote his album.

Oh look what Morrissey's making him do now - put on a silly moustache and a whole bunch of other lame costumes. Oh look what Morrissey's making him do now - produce crappy music with witless lyrics. Oh, wait - he's doing it of his own accord...?

Enjoyed this!
Lyrics fit together well but don't make a lot of sense -- reminded me of Tim Burgess' stuff for The Charlatans.
I really liked that Edywn Collins song "Losing Sleep" that Boz played on (and appeared in the video for). This seems in that vein.

Mike Joyce? Is that you?

no he had a registered name as ' the drumms'

but that was a few updates from this website ago, but I'm sure
Mike takes a look here, as more Smiths members ,or people who worked
closely with them

but Boz came in around end 1990,early 1991,so why should Joyce bother what a
current bandmember releases?

listening to Boz sing is torture.

Not sure about the lyrics. His sounds is like a mixture of Morrissey and Oasis.

Being constructive- I don't like it at all. It sounds like 90's brit pop, perhaps an oasis b-side. He isn't singing he's talking the lyrics, it's painful when he tries to hit a high note. The lyrics are bland which is surprising from someone who co-penned 'the more you ignore me'. On a side note I like Boz but his sniveling of late about all the criticism the band have received on here is very disappointing. A. He should not believe that the band is above criticism. B. He shouldn't bait the trolls. I'd like to see Morrissey's band smile a bit more when they play they all look absolutely miserable up there.

Not sure about the lyrics. His sounds is like a mixture of Morrissey and Oasis.

Sounds more like a mixture of piss and shit to me...

Boorer's Pathetic Express keeps chugging on...destination - Banalville.

The song was quirky and I enjoyed hearing it.
It was great seeing Boz in the video obviously enjoying himself and having fun.

Last edited:
I love the song and Boz´s performance. Makes me smile. Don´t understand why some people feel the need to leave f***ed up comments. It´s just a piece of music, you like it or you don´t.

It's just very mediocre. Only the bass line has any energy in it and his vocal presentation lacks conviction. He seems to be giving it all he's got in the video but it's a weak vocal recording. And the whole song feels interminable. That phone lyric was nice but, maybe like others here, it was the only one I could distinguish. But then again I've only listened once. Nothing special at all.

Back
Top Bottom