Boz - anyone else find him annoying?

Don’t like him. Tbh

He was looking at me once when his arm was in a sling at a show. I mimed “how’s your arm?” and he kept playing and shrugged as if to say “it’s not that bad”. Don’t have anything against him. Jesse, however, can eat ten asses.

He was looking at me once when his arm was in a sling at a show. I mimed “how’s your arm?” and he kept playing and shrugged as if to say “it’s not that bad”. Don’t have anything against him. Jesse, however, can eat ten asses.
That reminds me, I'm pretty sure Boz might have caught me making out with a cougar when I was 18 at my first Morrissey show alone lmao

he seems fairly innocuous. as for jesse, im with ryan on that.

I used to like him, and had the pleasure of sharing his company for a drink on a couple of occasions, the last time after the gig on the peer in Great Yarmouth. However, the following night, in Cambridge I saw a different light to him. As mentioned on here just a few weeks ago, when Moz threw a fan out for calling Julia the C bomb. Boz didn’t hear it, as evident by the look on his face, but when called upon by his paymaster to bite, he jumped into action like a guard dog. He didn’t care who it was, Moz clicked his fingers (he actually just said “Boz”) and like a good boy he jumped to action. He went right down in my estimations that night, despite being a gent the night before.

Only met him once, in Reading in may 2006. He was super kind. I think he gave me a guitar pick some other time, from stage. He’s also written some (many) absolute classics for Moz. He’s good’un in my book.

Met him in outside Bradford St Georges Hall in June 2011, there were quite a few people hanging around and he joined us for a pint outside the pub prior to the gig.. Very nice chap

people are too quick to judge,the same people who say boz is great but have never met him will also say jesse is a twat even though they have never met him.

He and his wife were very lovely when I met them.

I feel having one very approachable member of the band has helped the Morrissey pack ground themselves, whether it's Boorer, Whyte or Buckley.

Can't say I've encountered Jesse, but I wouldn't wanna ask for a photo with someone who looks like they would stab me if I approached them. (and fair play to him, if he doesn't wanna take photos)

I'd take Alain as a band member over Boz any day of the week. When he did that tour in a dress and wig I lost all respect for him. If Morrissey tells you to dress as a hideous drag queen you tell him to f*** off, not "Yes sir, right away sir!" and then proceed to slap on it on. That along with his ever increasing inflation is a huge turn off. He actually used to be quite a skinny and handsome man. As far as what kind of person he is I don't know.

1700132496562.png

I'd take Alain as a band member over Boz any day of the week...
Ahhh come on. They all brought their own thing. Always thought Boz seemed to be like some moody delinquent youth - who happens to play great guitar.

Love to know what the dressing on that tour was about - a bet? I can't believe Moz had ordered a Glam/NY Dolls statement from him. I thought it was too subtle for that, at least enough not to offend those of a sensitive disposition. Just be relieved that when they recreated that Dolls' album cover (with Spike) they didn't all go the whole hog (I always wondered if the costume truck was stuck in traffic). Now that could have been a real horror.

I love this performance as it seems to capture the early gang perfectly. Of course Alain is off-the-scale cool but Boz has his moments too:

Brave posing in Greatest Hits with the vinyl covering his cock.

The only time I ever found Boz "annoying" per se was some of the slapstick on the Live In Dallas video. Using his wireless set-up to traverse from stage left to stage right backstage was a little over the top. I was embarrassed for him that he allowed his name to be added as the signature of the note admonishing Universal for not re-releasing "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" after the Bataclan massacre in late 2015 - clearly a Morrissey orchestration.

I know a lot of fans give Jesse props for being loyal - in my opinion, sometimes to a fault given some of the tone-deaf messaging he has offered on Central and Twitter - but I feel like Boz and Alain don't get near enough recognition for how they held down the fort with little to no recognition or praise between 1991 and 2004. Professionally, I don't know how Morrissey would have otherwise made it through 1999-2002 without them.

Back
Top Bottom