Anyone else agree that Moz should just play smiths songs on his tour?

100% disagree.
Smiths cover versions? Morrissey has written those songs!!
If you really love him, you'd never say things like this.
You only love The Smiths songs.

Morrissey CO-wrote those songs. There were 3 (4 if you count Stephen Street) guys, who had equally important input..... and that was proven in a court of law kids.

The people on here do have a tendancy towards that kind of behaviour.

What you'll find is that they try to make out that they're all calm and hate aggression, but if you dare aire an opinion which in any way differs from "Steven Patrick's shit tastes of strawberry ice cream" they'll call you a "f***ing arsehole". That's unless you get one who tries to add a Dickensian prose to their posts, in which case they'll call you a "vile oaf"..... Yes, someone really did call me that on here.

It's funny really.

Nickle sunny is an anagram of Uncle skinny you gullible pricks.

seems this one doesn't care for the poetry thing with his name-calling - is content with the unadorned epithets

Morrissey CO-wrote those songs. There were 3 (4 if you count Stephen Street) guys, who had equally important input..... and that was proven in a court of law kids.

Thank you very much for your kindest correction.
Don't rake up my mistakes, I know exactly what they are...

Definitely not! :) I'm one of the few that actually likes Morrissey's solo stuff more than the Smiths. I'd actually prefer if he took out all his Smiths stuff, and just played earlier solo stuff (like how he did a lot from Viva Hate in 2002). I think it's nice that he adds some Smiths stuff in for people who remember him only as the lead singer of the Smiths, but I also think it would be kind of nice to just move on? (Though if he wants to play Panic, Stop Me or There is a Light, I definitely won't complain!)

When I first saw this topic I wondered whether people would be foolish enough to bite. I rather hopefully thought a only a couple of people would be silly enough to but I was being optimistic. :confused: Obviously you all enjoy being wound up.

Oh well, I was being serious, I don't get the reactions to it. I would love it if he did just Smiths cover versions, What Difference Does it make? Panic, Ask, This Charming Man, Girlfriend In A Coma, Shoplifters, etc.

Just so perfect as a xmas present to people like me who appreciate the Smiths. I have never seen a board like this that gets such reactions after 1 innocent post.

Oh well, I was being serious, I don't get the reactions to it. I would love it if he did just Smiths cover versions, What Difference Does it make? Panic, Ask, This Charming Man, Girlfriend In A Coma, Shoplifters, etc.

Just so perfect as a xmas present to people like me who appreciate the Smiths. I have never seen a board like this that gets such reactions after 1 innocent post.

Aha, my dear Nickel Sunny! Such is the level of devotion at times to the great man himself. I totally respect where you are coming from, but think it's a bit far fetched and not in the slightest bit possible that your dream will be realised.
Hope you get other Xmas pressies that will make up for it!

What Difference Does it make? Panic, Ask, This Charming Man, Girlfriend In A Coma, Shoplifters, etc.

These would be OK except for some reason I really don't want him to do This Charming Man, I feel that should be left alone for the Smiths days

These would be OK except for some reason I really don't want him to do This Charming Man, I feel that should be left alone for the Smiths days

No, please do NOT leave it with The Smiths! I absolutely love This Charming MAN, but I very much doubt it will get played on his tour. Sadly.

I like 5 smiths songs
Id hope he will only do 4 from ringleader
2 from Quarry
And the rest from his previous solo stuff

Definitely not! :) I'm one of the few that actually likes Morrissey's solo stuff more than the Smiths. I'd actually prefer if he took out all his Smiths stuff, and just played earlier solo stuff (like how he did a lot from Viva Hate in 2002).

Really? Do you honestly prefer his solo stuff or are you just trying to build a controversial, loose cannon internet personna for yourself?

Who gives a shit? It'd probably be really fun. Like a class reunion of sorts. Of course, he'd never agree to it. Big girl.

Brilliant... I love watching these psychotic MOZ fans go apeshit at any mention of The Smiths. It is worth the price of admission.

Fangled youth... Can you really be criticized by someone wearing a "Hulk Still Rule's" shirt? Talk about clinging to the past sheesh!

:p

Back
Top Bottom