About documentaries, and of course Morrissey

Cudweed

By the way, has "The Importance of Being Morrissey", the BBC(?) documentary, you might have heard of, ever been release on DVD or VHS? And what about "These things Take Time", "The Rise & Fall of The Smiths" or "The Southbank Show"? (- Are there other important documentaries about The Smiths and Morrissey?)

Cudweed:)

By the way, has "The Importance of Being Morrissey", the BBC(?) documentary, you might have heard of, ever been release on DVD or VHS? And what about "These things Take Time", "The Rise & Fall of The Smiths" or "The Southbank Show"? (- Are there other important documentaries about The Smiths and Morrissey?)

Cudweed:)

none of them are out on dvd, The importance was a channel 4 show, have a search in the downloads forums there might be active links for them if you want to download.

Those TV documentaries are specifically commissioned by broadcasting companies and they don't intend to release VHS/DVD.

This was on youtube in four parts, but I've just checked and only part 3 is on there now, so maybe the others have been pulled. Anyway, while it's there, have a look at part 3.

Grim
I'm contacting my union - Equity - over this.
I demand performance royalties from your sales over my cameo whilst sat on the Iron Bridge et al.....:mad:
See you in court... :D

Jukebox Jury

I got a bootleg of the Importance of Being Morrissey off of ebay and its suprisingly good quality.It also has on it a documentary featuring all the Smiths members which I think is in Dutch but ofcourse the guys can be understood.its even got Joyce on it!!:mad:it has a Smiths concert from Berlin from "84.Most interviews are on You tube but obviously its not the same.

I actually have a VHS copy of "The Importance Of Being Morrissey". for sale. It an official VHS used by tv for broadcast so the quality is impeccable. It's in PAL format.

If someone wants it, just let me know.

Stephane

Grim
I'm contacting my union - Equity - over this.
I demand performance royalties from your sales over my cameo whilst sat on the Iron Bridge et al.....:mad:
See you in court... :D

Jukebox Jury

ha-ha, you don't know what I look like, but I know what you look like, I've seen you on the iron bridge et-al! Oh no I do recall you mentioning in the past that you have the DVD of 'There's Only One Jimmy Grimble', so you do know what I look like, oh bugger. I've only 'passed on' 3 copies of your DVD, so I reckon that's 12p I owe you, the cheque's in the post, sir.

love

Grim

I actually have a VHS copy of "The Importance Of Being Morrissey". for sale. It an official VHS used by tv for broadcast so the quality is impeccable. It's in PAL format.

If someone wants it, just let me know.

Stephane

Forgive my ignorance, but PAL? What format is that? How much? Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance, but PAL? What format is that? How much? Thanks.

it is UK format, in the US they have NTSC it basically means that you need to have a PAL format player to watch it, it was a clever way of stopping us in the UK getting cheaper films by importing them from the US, it's similar to what they do with DVDs these days with the region codes.

love

Grim

Thanks Grim! So how would I acquire one then? I'll probably need a plug adapter too. Interesting...

Thanks Grim! So how would I acquire one then? I'll probably need a plug adapter too. Interesting...

Some of the latest video player/recorders now are multi-format players but it might be a tad expensive to purchase one just to be able to play one VHS, I'd recommend contacting that handsome devil in this link
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=68147
He recorded it straight on to DVD the day it was broadcast, so it's bloody marvellous quality & this way you even get to see the UK adverts (if you want). ;)

love

Grim

Some of the latest video player/recorders now are multi-format players but it might be a tad expensive to purchase one just to be able to play one VHS, I'd recommend contacting that handsome devil in this link
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=68147
He recorded it straight on to DVD the day it was broadcast, so it's bloody marvellous quality & this way you even get to see the UK adverts (if you want). ;)

love

Grim

Awesome! Thanks again.

Wow, I must be f***ing invisible. I'm Rivers Cuomo not Clay Aiken (to Robby's disappointment)

Back
Top Bottom