What is the most underrated or unfairly criticized Morrissey single?

What is the most underrated or unfairly criticized Morrissey single?

• Ouija Board, Ouija Board

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Our Frank

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Pregnant For The Last Time

• You're The One For Me, Fatty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hold On To Your Friends

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Interlude

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dagenham Dave

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Sunny

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Roy's Keen

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Redondo Beach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Just Want To See The Boy Happy

• That's How People Grow Up

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • All You Need Is Me

• I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

• other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
I voted for Interlude, I love that song, all versions of it.

I don't know if Pregnant For The Last Time is underrated or not, but that's my favourite of his singles, mostly because of Skin Storm. :love:

I voted for Interlude, I love that song, all versions of it.

I don't know if Pregnant For The Last Time is underrated or not, but that's my favourite of his singles, mostly because of Skin Storm. :love:

you've voted for interlude purely to spite me i just know it. you have haven't you? come on, admit it:crazy::p

Personally, I've never understood the vitriol towards OBOB myself. I mean, it's hardly S, but as far as early singles go, I actually rate it much higher than, say, NSAM. In a similar league to ID? IYKWIM.

Ouija Board was criticised hugely at the time because it was pretty much his first less-than-brilliant single as either a Smith or a solo.
Of course, in the context of all his solo singles 20 years on, Moz has dipped below the quality of Ouija Board several times and it is no longer the career low it was at the time. But back then, we used to stuff as good as Sudehead, Everyday and Last of the Famous...

Ouija Board was criticised hugely at the time because it was pretty much his first less-than-brilliant single as either a Smith or a solo.
Of course, in the context of all his solo singles 20 years on, Moz has dipped below the quality of Ouija Board several times and it is no longer the career low it was at the time. But back then, we used to stuff as good as Sudehead, Everyday and Last of the Famous...

just to add, I think the musical arrangement was half the problem with this song. the synth-harpsichord sounds horrible (a real harpsichord might have been ok) and the crunchy guitar solo sounds completely out of place.
I reckon an acoustic version of this song would probably sound pretty good...

you've voted for interlude purely to spite me i just know it. you have haven't you? come on, admit it:crazy::p

You wouldn't say that if you'd heard my heartbreaking interpretation of that beautiful song. :blushing:

so do i, but it's not a single so it really has nothing to do with this thread- thanks for comin out though.

Sorry. I haven't committed to memory every single Morrissey has ever released in his extensive career and stupidly forgot to refer to my Mozzapedia before I posted. :rolleyes:

Roy's Keen, all day. This despite the subject of the songs pun being one of the few people i venomously despise enough to wish a horrible death upon.

Dagenham Dave is also pretty cool

The first time I heard Sunny, I listened to it over and over again about twelve times in a row. I love it so much, it's one of my all-time favourite songs :p But then, I've often heard people praise it, I don't know if it's that underrated? I once met a guy who told me he thought Sunny was 'cheesy' :eek: Blasphemy!
I love Ouija Board too, and to be honest I think if it wasn't for the slightly comical arrangements etc. it would be up there with the Morrissey greats. Or am I the only one?...:blushing:

The first time I heard Sunny, I listened to it over and over again about twelve times in a row. I love it so much, it's one of my all-time favourite songs :p But then, I've often heard people praise it, I don't know if it's that underrated? I once met a guy who told me he thought Sunny was 'cheesy' :eek: Blasphemy!

When I first heard it I would rush home from school so I could listen to it again. :crazy::)

Sorry. I haven't committed to memory every single Morrissey has ever released in his extensive career and stupidly forgot to refer to my Mozzapedia before I posted. :rolleyes:

hey, thats alright- a lot of people confuse whether "Bengali In Platforms" was or wasn't a single....

I love Roy's Keen...Ouji board blows...but yeah Sunny rocks too!

I love to sing along to Roys Keen.

Interlude is a beauty.
I just prefer the version without Siouxie.
wait!.. so is there a version with just morrissey??!...

cuz i know there's an instrumental track, but i dont know a track with just without siouxsie!

I have really liked "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" since the first time I heard it, and also think THPGU gets a much harder time than it deserves.

Tags
most r pure shit
Back
Top Bottom