What Smiths/Morrisey albums have you been listening to the most lately?

What album have you been listening to the most lately?

• Total voters

MyDoppelganger

Such a Nice Guy
So what Smiths and Morrissey albums have you been listening to the most lately?

For me, Meat is Murder, Vauxhall and I and Bona Drag have been getting the most play time.

I listen to Vauxhall at least once a day in its entirety. I find it's a fantastic driving album, especially after a long and dull day at university.

I would add the Smiths compilation albums to the poll, but there's not enough room :(

Last edited:
Southpaw Grammar and Meat is Murder this week.

Meat is Murder is an easy contender for my favourite Smiths record. It has so much variety.

'Vauxhall and I' and 'Maladjusted', according to Last.fm.

'Maladjusted' is actually my most listened to Morrissey album on Last.fm, mainly because both the original version and the reissue are titled 'Maladjusted' in my MP3 folder. It's made me realise that, between the reissue and the original version there's a truly fantastic Morrissey album. If Maladjusted had originally had 'Lost', 'The Edges Are No Longer Parallel' and 'I Can Have Both', in addition to the already present 'Alma Matters', 'Trouble Loves Me' and 'Satan Rejected My Soul' it would have been up there with his best by anyone's standards (so long as he'd omitted dreck like 'Papa Jack' and 'Sorrow Will Come In The End'). But then again, I have a liking for some 'Maladjusted' songs that most fans seem to think are awful (I *love* 'Ammunition', think that 'He Cried' is pretty decent, and am fond of 'Ambitious Outsiders', tacky keyboard orchestration and all). So my opinion is not to be trusted.

SWORDS cos it's new.

Keep listening to Ganglord and My Dearest Love

This week, 'The Smiths' and 'Southpaw Grammar'.

I can't get Headmaster Ritual out of my head, so Meat is Murder for the Smiths.

Ringleader I couldn't stop listening to last week. Sang and danced the whole album for the cat one night. It was very nice.

This week it's Quarry. Can't stop listening to Quarry (the long version with the bonus tracks; no I do not have Swords bc I have all the songs already).

Actually I've been listening nonstop to rares, Soundchecks, unbroadcast BBC versions, etc. I love soundchecks, with or without Morrissey.
Of the list, Bona drag is the one I've been keeping around my bed (thank you Noel;) It made a big difference:) )

what can I say, 2009 has been a QuarryIsh kind of year :straightface:
I swear, back 5 years ago when "YATQ" came out, its like it was a prophecy of my life soon to come in late 04 & 05 :eek:
spooky stuff, but these songs from then by Moz
like those on "Kill Uncle" really bring to life(then put to rest? mostly) a part of my life :guitar:
crazy, I know :crazy: maybe even CG crazy :p, who knows :confused:
but cmon, I cannot be the only one who sometimes feel that he is singing directly to me :blushing:
my god Morrissey, in a totally ungay way I love you bro and those 2 albums :love:

Right Now on my i-pod:

SWORDS
QUARRY
VAUXHALL

THE QUEEN IS DEAD

And that's it - with swords getting more plays :D:thumb:

You are the Quarry and The Queen is Dead

'Maladjusted' is actually my most listened to Morrissey album on Last.fm, mainly because both the original version and the reissue are titled 'Maladjusted' in my MP3 folder. It's made me realise that, between the reissue and the original version there's a truly fantastic Morrissey album. If Maladjusted had originally had 'Lost', 'The Edges Are No Longer Parallel' and 'I Can Have Both', in addition to the already present 'Alma Matters', 'Trouble Loves Me' and 'Satan Rejected My Soul' it would have been up there with his best by anyone's standards (so long as he'd omitted dreck like 'Papa Jack' and 'Sorrow Will Come In The End'). But then again, I have a liking for some 'Maladjusted' songs that most fans seem to think are awful (I *love* 'Ammunition', think that 'He Cried' is pretty decent, and am fond of 'Ambitious Outsiders', tacky keyboard orchestration and all). So my opinion is not to be trusted.

I feel the same way, and Ammunition is in my top 5 Morrissey tracks.

I haven't listened to Morrissey in months. :o Not for any good reason, really. There are times when it's all I listen to.

But to answer the question - As if by the mere mention of it... Kill Uncle :sweet:

*waves to Charlie*

Word.

Also, I'm AMAZED YoR is scoring so high when it's such a weak album.

Back
Top Bottom