To African Americans:

• Thread starter Morrissey the 23rd
  • Start date
M

Morrissey the 23rd

First of all, let's just acknowledge what you already know: America is a country which still has a race problem, to put it nicely. Al Gore would be president today had thousands of African Americans not had their right to vote stolen from them in Florida in 2000.

Here is my commitment: I will do everything I can to make sure that this will not happen again. And I'm not the only one making this pledge. Thousands of volunteer lawyers are flying to Florida to act as poll watchers and intervene should there be any attempts to deny anyone their right to vote. They will NOT be messing around.

For my part, I have organized an army of 1,200 professional and amateur filmmakers who will be armed with video cameras throughout the states of Florida and Ohio. At the first sign of criminality, we will dispatch a camera crew to where the vote fraud is taking place and record what is going on. We will put a big public spotlight on any wrongdoing by Republican officials in those two states. They will not get away with this as they did in 2000.

In Ohio, the Republicans are sending almost 2,000 paid "poll challengers" into the black precincts of Cleveland in an attempt to stop African Americans from voting. This action is beyond despicable. Do not let this stop you from voting. I, and thousand of others, will be there to fight for you and protect you.

M Moore

> First of all, let's just acknowledge what you already know: America is a
> country which still has a race problem, to put it nicely. Al Gore would be
> president today had thousands of African Americans not had their right to
> vote stolen from them in Florida in 2000.

No...He'd be president if his own home state of Tennesee had voted for him...but they knew him too well and didn't want him either.

Back
Top Bottom