Moz DVD, 'Love Me or Leave Me'...

J

jh

Has anyone seen this early Doris Day epic? I just have. Morrissey recently passed off an actual DVD recently to a reporter and was wondering. Do u think he gave in good gesture or passed off something he didn't like to the next sucker. I liked the film ALOT! Doris was indeed a screen legend.

> Has anyone seen this early Doris Day epic? I just have. Morrissey recently
> passed off an actual DVD recently to a reporter and was wondering. Do u
> think he gave in good gesture or passed off something he didn't like to
> the next sucker. I liked the film ALOT! Doris was indeed a screen legend.

Absolutely, definitely gave it because he liked it and wanted to pass it on. I think Moz takes these things seriously.

Haven't seen the film, but seem to remember enjoying "Pillow Talk"

I've not seen the film, but now I will

Thanks for posting. I didn't know this story.

I rented Accattone; I thought it was dreadful. (People say Teorama, Pasolini's film with Terrence Stamp, is very good, so it's on my list. I didn't like Salo, the only other Pasolini I've seen.)

I'm a HUGE Visconti fan. He's one of my top 5 filmmakers. If you haven't seen anything, I recommend Death in Venice. If you feel like seeing one of the more insane things even committed to film, Visconti's The Damned is good. (Beware the famously awful VHS transfer of The Damned; it's HIDEOUS. Unfortunately, the print used to make the DVD was not the best either, but it's MUCH better.)

I have yet to check out something with Magnani...

love, math+

by the way

(and I'm the same person as 'tinder for maths', hopefully I've gotten my username properly sorted again)

-do you know/remember what journalist he gave the DVD to?

love, math+

I think I saw it years ago on the telly. I seem to remember Cagney is brilliant in it.

I've seen it a few times...

It's about the rise of cabaret singer Ruth Etting and her involvement with a gangster/club owner who promoted her early career... he's played by James Cagney.. One of my all time favourite films and the title song is quite beautiful, I believe Nina Simone did a version of it too...

here's a trailer for it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048317/trailers

Here's the title songgggggggggg

LoVe Me Or leaVe Me - Doris DaY!

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1PVCQ1B1PYWLB2YDJ7AC86GD00

Back
Top Bottom