Morrissey's nickname at school. Any ideas??

In the childhood picture.... tis rather obvious which one is him don't you think, considering he was the only boy with dark hair??

What was he called when he "dyed his hair gold" from "I Know Very Well...?" Or did that not actually happen?

Love your avatar, Amy, btw :).

What was he called when he "dyed his hair gold" from "I Know Very Well...?" Or did that not actually happen?

Love your avatar, Amy, btw :).

Thanks :) . Not my favourite album, but a gorgeous cover nonetheless. And I read that Morrissey dyed a blond streak in his hair when he was about 13, in a show of solidarity with his idol of the time... David Bowie....

Morrissey was born in Manchester, he never had an Irish accent. He has in fact developed a very clipped English accent which is not found in Manchester at all.

Morrissey's parents are both Irish, therefore his accent tended towards Irish than Mancunian and nightandday and someone else quoted the interview about the subject.

Chica, this picture is cute!! I'd have to say the cutie with the suspenders on as well. Where did you get it from? And who are the other kids in the photo with Moz?

Here you can find more pictures of him before the Smiths. I don't know about the kids he's with.

Morrissey was born in Manchester, he never had an Irish accent. He has in fact developed a very clipped English accent which is not found in Manchester at all.

Not everyone in Manchester talks like the Gallaghers you know? You will find many people in Manchester with accents pretty much likes his. I think he has a very Irish softness to his voice, and the "clipped" accent is due to his slight lisp. In my humble opinion?

Anyway back to the question. His school nickname was "Bunny".

I can't believe that people have suggested that it might have been "Paddy" on account of his Irish name. Do they have any idea how many Irish families there are in Manchester? It would hardly have been a unique thing in a Manchester Catholic school.

Not everyone in Manchester talks like the Gallaghers you know? You will find many people in Manchester with accents pretty much likes his. I think he has a very Irish softness to his voice, and the "clipped" accent is due to his slight lisp. In my humble opinion?

I can't believe that people have suggested that it might have been "Paddy" on account of his Irish name. Do they have any idea how many Irish families there are in Manchester? It would hardly have been a unique thing in a Manchester Catholic school.

How did you find out it was 'Bunny'? I sense there is a story here. But you may just be having a laugh with us, in which case, I don't really blame you........:D

Im sure i read somewhere it was Dorissey

Alan

Johnny Marr called him that in the NME in 1991 and also said he didn't listen to the new single, Alf Wank.

Morrissey's parents are both Irish, therefore his accent tended towards Irish than Mancunian and nightandday and someone else quoted the interview about the subject.

Thats just fantasy, the 'plastic paddy' is a phenomenon over here, you will be telling me that shane mcgowan is irish next:D

Well, I have lived all over the UK and Moz's accent is clipped English with a slight northern tone. The irishness is just wishful thinking from the plastic paddy brigade.

He has got any Irish accent. It's very obvious, especially when he says words like "any". He has also quite a strong northern accent. There is no way you could mistake him for a Southerner.

Back
Top Bottom