Morrissey songs that make you HAPPY

PregnantForTheLastTime

Hideous trait.
What Moz/Smiths songs just make you happy? I think that's the part nobody understands- he's not all depressing and gloomy. Not at all. There is always some little twist, some twinge of hope. Well, usually.

So, mine:
Sing Your Life
Do Your Best and Don't Worry

and yours?

Disappointed
Angel, Angel Down We Go Together (Live Version)

Both Rock and both definitely make me happy.....

Oh yes, Do Your Best and Don't Worry.
But I especially like Shelia Take A Bow, I haven't read the lyrics yet, so I don't fully understand what he's singing about, but I love the la-la-la part, I get elated. :D

The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
I Keep Mine Hidden
Work Is A Four Letter Word
Girlfriend In A Coma
Picadilly Palare
The Last of the Famous International Playboys
Sing Your Life
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
Billy Budd
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Dagenham Dave
Roy's Keen
First of the Gang to Die
In The Future When All's Well
A Song From Under The Floorboards

There is a light, of course,
and William was it realy nothing
Come back to Camden
The boy with a thorn in his side
Suedhead :D
I like you

I could go on......

Trouble Loves Me :)

The Last of the Famous International Playboys
The More you Ignore me the Closer I Get
Now My Heart is Full
Panic
Rubber Ring
Shoplifters of the World Unite

Speedway (Of course!)
Sing Your Life
I don't mind if you forget me
First Of The Gang
Now My Heart Is Full

ooh hard question, as so m any make me happy at different times and on different levels, e.g. meat is murder, it is very sad and it invarably makes me cry but it makes me happy because someone else feels the same and isnt afraid to say so. (if that makes any sense:rolleyes:)

anyway... (off the top of my head)
the youngest
song from under the floorboards
everyday is like sunday
dissappointed
girlfriend ina coma
sing your life
still ill
irish blood english heart

Just about the whole of Bona Drag and Your Arsenal.........and any song I see him performing live!

.....and the entire Smiths back catalogue.....with no exceptions, the perfect body of work (in my opinion, as always)

.....and the entire Smiths back catalogue.....with no exceptions, the perfect body of work (in my opinion, as always)

This is true! Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, if a smiths song comes on somewhere It always makes me smile:D

Well, honestly, I could start naming songs, but then it would end up being every song he's sung.....so there's no need to post the names. Even though maybe the song that makes me want to cry do, they also make me happy at the same time. There's an ironicness to it all. :D

The World is Full of Crashing Bores.. a nice little almost down tempo ska thing going on musically, and who couldn't love the line "...it's just more lock-jaw popstars thicker than pigshit"?

Back
Top Bottom