Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Something just occurred to me. This release actually makes complete sense in terms of recent chronology.

Viva Hate was reissued with tracks hacked to death and omitted, with a demo in its place.

Kill Uncle was reissued with crappy cover art and different tracks. It only makes sense for this to be reissued with that stupid black line on the front.

After this, we’ll get a reissue of Live At Earls Court with Jesse’s distorted ball sack on the cover.

Looks like a middle-aged grumpy drunk guy he’s totally scrumptious and infinitely squeezable!
I don’t know how you hit so many wrong keys on your keyboard, but that’s ok! Because I knew what you really were trying to type! 😃

I think you must have been confused and described yourself by accident at first! You poor thing! :oops:

Something just occurred to me. This release actually makes complete sense in terms of recent chronology.

Viva Hate was reissued with tracks hacked to death and omitted, with a demo in its place.

Kill Uncle was reissued with crappy cover art and different tracks. It only makes sense for this to be reissued with that stupid black line on the front.

After this, we’ll get a reissue of Live At Earls Court with Jesse’s distorted ball sack on the cover.
I don’t know Ryan, but I’m gonna take a stab at this and say that I imagine that depending on which band member is any given person’s favorite band member, there is likely some segment of the audience who would pay double for limited edition anythings, that may have black pen outlines of shadows of various appendages!

You should pitch this, boo!

Deaf and dead

The biggest disappointment of recent Morrissey has been is total lack of care into his records visually. Even Low in High School (despite the shite cover art) had decent aesthetic of singles alongside it - all B&W photos that matched the songs. Almost Smiths-esque in their style.

However, the recent stuff has been dreadful. Dog on a Chain's cover was abysmal - a low-res close-up of Moz from some strange time period. Why? Why so little care? Again, this new re-release is just dross.

For somebody who was so meticulous about his artwork and obsessed with imagery, his photoshop shift is bleak as hell.

Ridiculous to use a photo from ~14 years later and add terrible font. Great live album, though. Wish I hadn't stupidly passed up on the chance the buy the original LP around 1999 for $10. I was travelling light and didn't want to be bothered carrying it around.

The biggest disappointment of recent Morrissey has been is total lack of care into his records visually. Even Low in High School (despite the shite cover art) had decent aesthetic of singles alongside it - all B&W photos that matched the songs. Almost Smiths-esque in their style.

However, the recent stuff has been dreadful. Dog on a Chain's cover was abysmal - a low-res close-up of Moz from some strange time period. Why? Why so little care? Again, this new re-release is just dross.

For somebody who was so meticulous about his artwork and obsessed with imagery, his photoshop shift is bleak as hell.
Also, who the hell even suggests these awful covers to Moz? Who in their right mind would think that these are good enough? It’s obviously a person completely lacking in taste and who is entirely blind to aesthetics, so why have that person choose?

Why can’t Moz do anything right anymore?! What the F is happening?!! Arrgh!!!

I don’t know how you hit so many wrong keys on your keyboard, but that’s ok! Because I knew what you really were trying to type! 😃

I think you must have been confused and described yourself by accident at first! You poor thing! :oops:

Are you 12 years old? Take your Mozbot goggles off and take a good look at that picture. Ask yourself if that cover is going to help him sell any records. To me, it looks like someone at the label is setting him up to fail.

For what it's worth (and apologies if already mentioned), Your Arsenal was released on July 27, 1992. Could the "special event concerts" be a full run through of this album, seeing that most of the material on Beethoven Was Deaf was from it?

Are you 12 years old? Take your Mozbot goggles off and take a good look at that picture. Ask yourself if that cover is going to help him sell any records. To me, it looks like someone at the label is setting him up to fail.
If I’m 12, what does that make you? A toddler in the middle of your terrible twos? I’ll ASPLAiN it all to you like you are in your terrible twos, in any case. We’ll want to make sure we have all our bases covered here.

This photo captures a moment in time, which a world renowned and world class singer and lyricist is FULLY inhabiting that moment, on stage. On the same stage, that has been his entire life.

The photo accurately reflects his physicality, and the physicality and energy that he brings to his performances, as well as his dedication and passion. Further, the photo also captures a fleeting millisecond that was private for him in that moment, in which he wasn’t looking at the audience, and which he instead was living. Not to even mention, that yes, in addition to all of that, his face is gorgeous and his expression is richly expressive - of consternation, of his dedication, and of his passion, all rolled into one.

If you don’t know this, and if you can’t see this, well.

There is an authenticity in Morrissey and in his work, that goes beyond discussions of whether any particular lyrics are autobiographical, metaphorical, or a narrative about some other undisclosed party. That authenticity and his fervor, and the urgency of life - are literally all captured in this image.

I clearly missed the memo that dictated that Morrissey can’t have photographs of himself as album covers. Photos that clearly reflect and convey his passion and the energy of the concerts.

You go through life cracking these pathetic quips all over this site that frankly never pass as jokes - because they’re never funny. Now followed by your misplaced criticism of an artist who is worth his weight in gold - and whose worth and contributions to music, to the arts, and to culture - was already established many decades ago.

The cover is great, and he’s great, and you are a REALLY great example of just one type of person (of many) that I’m absolutely mortified for him that he has to have in his “fanbase”. I mean, if you tried less hard and wasted less time with the bad jokes, you would have lots of time to try to develop some nuance and some depth.

The fact that anybody has to explain what’s great about this photo on this thread, to anyone… 🙄

Love him ❤️. And he deserves so, so, SO much better than he gets here.

Last edited:
If I’m 12, what does that make you? A toddler in the middle of your terrible twos? I’ll ASPLAiN it all to you like you are in your terrible twos, any case. We’ll want to make sure we have all our bases covered here.

This photo captures a moment in time, which a world renowned and world class singer and lyricist is FULLY inhabiting that moment, on stage. On the same stage, that has been his entire life.

The photo accurately reflects his physicality, and the physicality and energy that he brings to his performances, as well as his dedication and passion. Further, the photo also captures a fleeting millisecond that was private for him in that moment, in which he wasn’t looking at the audience, and which he instead was living. Not to even mention, that yes, in addition to all of that, his face is gorgeous and his his expression is richly expressive - of consternation, of his dedication, and of his passion, all rolled into one.

If you don’t know this, and if you can’t see this, well.

There is an authenticity in Morrissey and in his work, that goes beyond discussions of whether any particular lyrics are autobiographical, metaphorical, or a narrative about some other undisclosed party. That authenticity and his fervor, and the urgency of life - are literally all captured in this image.

I clearly missed the memo that dictated that Morrissey can’t have photographs of himself as album covers. Photos that clearly reflect and convey his passion and the energy of the concerts.

You go through life cracking these pathetic quips all over this site that frankly never pass as jokes - because they’re never funny. Now followed by your misplaced criticism of an artist who is worth his weight in gold - and whose worth and contributions to music, to the arts, and to culture - was already established many decades ago.

The cover is great, and he’s great, and you are a REALLY great example of just one type of person (of many) that I’m absolutely mortified for him that he has to have in his “fanbase”. I mean, if you tried less hard and wasted less time with the bad jokes, you would have lots of time to try to develop some nuance and some depth.

The fact that anybody has to explain what’s great about this photo on this thread, to anyone… 🙄

Love him ❤️. And he deserves so, so, SO much better than he gets here.
I usually defend Moz and haven't really had an issue with any of his previous covers, but this one makes no sense. The cover should be a photo from the actual concert or at lease from the same era.

Note: I wouldn't be surprised if he had no say in the cover. This could just be Warner needling him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom