Dallas, TX - Majestic Theater (May 22, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Hand In Glove / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Abrahán.

• Review: Morrissey at Majestic Theatre by Preston Jones - DFW.com. Link posted by CrystalGeezer.
  • Glad to be unhappy: Morrissey celebrates his birthday with majestic show at Majestic by Robert Wilonsky, photos by Jason Janik (8 total) - Dallas Morning News. Link posted by an anonymous person.

dallas.jpg

Last edited:
Moz we love you but please stop playing Meat Is Murder live - it's just about ok as the closing song on a great album but live it's turgid and dreary. I suppose it provides ample opportunity to pop out to the toilet but, come on, your audience deserve better.

Moz we love you, but your core beliefs, the principle values that have guided you and provide you with your passion, are turgid and dreary and are less important than me popping out to take a shit whilst you pour your heart out on stage.

Perhaps a better idea might be to sit quietly for 5 minutes and reflect on what is being presented to you, and why. Or out of respect for your fellow fans that found in him a voice that reflects their own values, in a cultural landscape that is anything but accepting of such values. You don't need to change your mind about supporting the torture and consumption of sentient beings, but at least you can try to be mindful about it.

Ever seen a factory farm? Talk about dreary. It'll make you want to eat that shit you took during MiM.

Those that complain about the set-list being "boring" need to realize Morrissey is 55 years old and simply can't play an hour-long set of fast Smiths songs.

I consider myself lucky to have seen him in his 30s, 40s, and now 50s. I look forward to him crooning into his 60s a-la Frank Sinatra.

I do hope he drops "Meat" and adds "Headmaster Ritual" by the time he hits Motown, oh, and "Istanbul" would be nice!!

When Meat is Murder breaks after slow tinkling and people thinking it's over and clapping and starts rocking the f*** out and all the only-know-the-album-version people are standing around going "WTF is happening?" is the BEST part of the song, imo. That BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM!!!!! at the end? Effing love.

(I think words in that sentence need to be rearranged but too tired.)

Last edited:
Any boring spoken words between songs ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Yeah everyone keeps saying he was chatty but nobody is saying what he chatted about. :squiffy:

i was both the dallas and kansas show and personally thought that the kansas show was better-seemed to be in a better mood. He wasn't really chatty in the dallas show. He was way more chatty in the kansas show. kinda seemed to me like just going through the motions. Exact same setlist, although in kansas he went up to each band member to tell them to play national front disco. i'm guessing there was something different on that setlist. He didn't even take his shirt off for dallas hahah. But overall, glad i got to see him twice and although the audiences for both shows were very tame-both seemed like an older crowd-they didn't ruin it for the rest of us. He probably wont tweak the setlist, but enjoy him while you still have the time

Little Lamb - I've been a vegan for 20 years. I think it would be great if everyone went vegan, for their own health, for the health of the planet, and to save millions of animals from suffering. But I don't like preaching to people. People need to find wisdom for themselves. MIM was the Smiths weakest song lyrically and it remains the weakest song Moz is currently playing live. He probably plays it live solely for the purpose of preaching to people. Justified perhaps when it was the 1980s and he was on the cover of every magazine - but now, in the autumn of his career, it just looks like flogging an old hobby-horse to death on stage...

Moz we love you, but your core beliefs, the principle values that have guided you and provide you with your passion, are turgid and dreary and are less important than me popping out to take a shit whilst you pour your heart out on stage.

Perhaps a better idea might be to sit quietly for 5 minutes and reflect on what is being presented to you, and why. Or out of respect for your fellow fans that found in him a voice that reflects their own values, in a cultural landscape that is anything but accepting of such values. You don't need to change your mind about supporting the torture and consumption of sentient beings, but at least you can try to be mindful about it.

Ever seen a factory farm? Talk about dreary. It'll make you want to eat that shit you took during MiM.

Little Lamb - I've been a vegan for 20 years. I think it would be great if everyone went vegan, for their own health, for the health of the planet, and to save millions of animals from suffering. But I don't like preaching to people. People need to find wisdom for themselves. MIM was the Smiths weakest song lyrically and it remains the weakest song Moz is currently playing live. He probably plays it live solely for the purpose of preaching to people. Justified perhaps when it was the 1980s and he was on the cover of every magazine - but now, in the autumn of his career, it just looks like flogging an old hobby-horse to death on stage...

Anonymous, I am in full agreement that people need to find wisdom/come to veg*anism on their own terms. Of course. Facts lead to knowledge, and one must have knowledge to find wisdom. And a Morrissey show seems like a great place to lay facts out on the table (in the lobby and on the screen), while also witnessing an astonishingly honest performance of the man's beliefs. Yes, the song is didactic, but hardly weak; I've known many people whose lives were permanently changed- and are continually affirmed- by the strength of that one song- myself included. Its explicit statement lends it the gravity the issue deserves.

I trust Morrissey when he speaks or sings about animal rights. And I respect him for continuing to do so publicly after 30 years. I think it's important for everyone, young and old, to see a grown man we all respect get naked like that, for belief in something outside the desires of one's own self is not particularly well-represented or taught in the culture at large.

In Lincoln, during the massive outro, he turned around and watched the horror on the screen instead of writhing on the floor. This brought our attention directly to the images, forcing us to watch while the music roiled in its tumult. Now I've seen these and other godawful farming images all my life, and often I look away because I can't bear to see them again. But focusing in on them again, in the center of this aural storm, felt like a renewal of my belief in my core values. Much more powerfully so than a night in the kitchen, or a pair of canvas shoes. I spoke to many people at 4 shows that have had similar experiences- and I'm sure at every show someone has a light go on in their minds as a result of his performance.

And yes, veg to veg, you can't force someone to do something by preaching at them, but you can provide them with an honest starting point for their own process. It's worth something, right? 5 minutes of a Morrissey show?

Forgive the rather turse remarks but I'm here to congratulate the band for putting on another great show, by all accounts. So well done lads. Looking forward to hearing these news songs for myself.

And as for the other shit remarks, it just beggars belief that you could write this crap and post it and expect people to ignore it. I mean, I am not going to cry if Morrissey came onstage, never spoke once, and sang the entire collection of 10cc....Thinking about that, I was told that Lou Reed did something similar in 197x with metal music ( not 10cc.)

So let him sing what he wants. Just enjoy the experience because it will end and then you will have sadness every day of your remaining lives. Believe me. Then you can listen to MIM every day and 10cc x.

Hazard

Indeed the crowd was lame, filled with yuppies & people wearing too much cologne. I drove up from Houston to see Johnny perform here in Dallas, & his crowd was much more into the music & hip.

...and I'm assuming you believe YOU are one of those "hip" ones...whereas I see you as a total douchebags for even posting this...get a clue assclown

Hello. I am veg also. I do have to say that I am getting tired of Morrissey's behavior in recent times. I also don't care for PETA and I know there are several vegetarian and vegan people who disagree with them as well. I really sometimes think that Morrissey who is constantly spouting off about the subject can be a hypocrite sometimes.I have grown extremely tired of it . I also , to an extent have lost complete faith in him altogether with the way he treats people. I have never preached anything to people and I think that his attack of others and sweeping generalizations are disrespectful. I may have heard Meat Is Murder back in the day but now I find it so embarrassing how he behaves I almost would not want to mention that at all and I won't be anymore. His refusal to play some places is also ridiculous and there is animal cruelty everywhere. Instead of dissing people in regions of the world he should have a more positive attitude about bringing messages to some of these places.There is always a different way to look at it . It almost seems like a shtick now more than anything . He does wear clothing by companies that support cruelty, the venue was not completely vegetarian at Staples Center. He purposely causes drama all the time because he thinks that this sensationalism is somehow engaging or spell binding .Truth is pretty much every place he visits more than likely has some sort of animal cruelty but I am also guessing that at a lot of them there are still fans or people who are pro animal rights and support that cause.Instead of inspiring people to do anything about it he neglects his fans , make public statements humiliating them or ignoring them.I'm all for people sharing the ideas in order to create exposure but frankly , I am tired of Morrissey, his lies and hypocrisy.So much of his fan base who are so loyal had already figured out some things mentioned in Autobiography but he just puts up a wall between people then acts like it is some great novel concept when flogging a book or other wares. Truth be told I may pay attention to some things but I have even stepped back from supporting things he puts out now . I will definitely make no efforts to attend concerts, etc. It almost feels violating to know that people are constantly obsessing over an audience and these other problems and of recent violence at his shows.I wish there was a reason to not feel that way sometimes.I just do.It's more disappointment in someone who meant something to me . I almost feel like he is fraudulent and an attention whore.Tired of the Morrissey who likes to tally up accolades but seems to completely dis his fans in that self serving process.

I do hope he drops "Meat" and adds "Headmaster Ritual" by the time he hits Motown, oh, and "Istanbul" would be nice!!

There are some artists who actually do take requests or be more personable in terms of feeling out their audience and asking what songs they might like to hear .Why couldn't this man just ONE TIME listen to feedback and invest something into his fan base? It would switch things up a bit and probably bring some element of surprise or transition and show that he cares.

Benny hun, only people looking at solo on an iPhone can see emoji's. It's just a bunch of squares on laptops. Props to your signature though, very clever. (It's a Union Jack and a knife. He often signs Benny-the-British-Butcher.)

Those that complain about the set-list being "boring" need to realize Morrissey is 55 years old and simply can't play an hour-long set of fast Smiths songs.

I consider myself lucky to have seen him in his 30s, 40s, and now 50s. I look forward to him crooning into his 60s a-la Frank Sinatra.

I too have seen him for 3 decades, the set list is boring. But it's not about playing an hour of Smiths, he's got some fantastic solo work he could mix in and improve the vibe, but he seems intent on making a statement this tour. Normally I'd travel and hit 3-4 venues. Saw him in Denver and that's enough for me this tour.

I thought it was a great show. This is the third time I've seen Moz in Dallas. I was in the 2nd balcony for this one, and the crowd seemed really loud to me. People did sit down for most of the show, myself included. I think most people there were like me and had been up since 6:00 or so that morning, worked a full day etc. People were loud between songs though, which I thought was a good thing. Didn't want to chance a repeat of the Lincoln Nebraska event!

There are some artists who actually do take requests or be more personable in terms of feeling out their audience and asking what songs they might like to hear .Why couldn't this man just ONE TIME listen to feedback and invest something into his fan base? It would switch things up a bit and probably bring some element of surprise or transition and show that he cares.

Why should he? he is an artist, not a jukebox.

People should be well aware by now that he will play exactly what he wants to play. If you don't like it, don't go, go and see some dumb nostalgia act elsewhere

Benny hun, only people looking at solo on an iPhone can see emoji's. It's just a bunch of squares on laptops. Props to your signature though, very clever. (It's a Union Jack and a knife. He often signs Benny-the-British-Butcher.)

Hi these are for you for your great sense of humour.

Back
Top Bottom