Bad Morrissey experiences

Is her job really that important to her...?
The thing is, I've seen Morrissey twice already on this tour, once in the front row and once in the fourth. Although it would be amazing to see him again, it's not like this is a once in a lifetime thing, regardless of whether if it's on my birthday or not. I will have other ones, he will tour again, everybody ends up relatively unscathed.
The job itself is not important to me, it's the idea behind the job. All throughout high school I was a complete quitter. I'd try extracirriculars, summer classes or small jobs for a week and then just give them up. Now that I'm going into my sophomore year of college, I'd like to move beyond that. I don't want my family to think that I give up on everything, I want to prove to them that I can sustain something in my life. Although my parents would be supportive of me no matter what, I also want to prove this to myself.

QUIT THE JOB Have an awesome B-Day with with MOZ. You'll regret it later, when you end up leaving that job for other reasons.

QUIT QUIT QUIT!! You can do better.

Desloge, they are spreading the word right now around the venue in VA to see if anyone wants to follow on for one more night... it's GA so everyone's hanging around.

The thing is, I've seen Morrissey twice already on this tour, once in the front row and once in the fourth. Although it would be amazing to see him again, it's not like this is a once in a lifetime thing, regardless of whether if it's on my birthday or not. I will have other ones, he will tour again, everybody ends up relatively unscathed.
The job itself is not important to me, it's the idea behind the job. All throughout high school I was a complete quitter. I'd try extracirriculars, summer classes or small jobs for a week and then just give them up. Now that I'm going into my sophomore year of college, I'd like to move beyond that. I don't want my family to think that I give up on everything, I want to prove to them that I can sustain something in my life. Although my parents would be supportive of me no matter what, I also want to prove this to myself.

Well, you have just answered your own problem and i salute you. I for one know what you mean, i was a quitter at high school and i am still in education now at 33 :eek: i just think that it is such a shame that your boss is an arsehole. I would still see Moz though:o

Oh! You are far too sensible for one so young! ;)

I would have found it impossible to do the 'right' thing because in my mind the right thing is to go to the Moz concert!

Kids today! :D

Oh! You are far too sensible for one so young! ;)

I would have found it impossible to do the 'right' thing because in my mind the right thing is to go to the Moz concert!

Kids today! :D

I second that. I just wish i could pop over and take her place.

It is totally unfair of your boss to force you to work when you gave notice that you needed the day off.

You spent money for the ticket because you had the day off.If you are forced to work that day,your miserable boss should pay for the ticket.

This is unfair.If you can,quit the job and find another one.

do you want me to call your work for you and pretend to be your mom? im really good at that kind of stuff. or i could pretend to be your GP.

do you have the ticket in your posession? man too bad it is less than 24 hours away or i would try and work out something to buy those tix from you since i originally wanted them but didnt have money at the time. i am getting paid a good amount of money next thursday but i guess that wouldnt help. boo. i am sorry for ya :(

Bardot- it's just one ticket. Desloge is trying to get it out to me (I live abt. 40 minutes from her- we're in Chicago) so I can bring it tomorrow. I'll post on here as soon as I have it in hand.

oh ok. it is just one. that wouldnt work from me. i am coming with someone. oh well, plus i dont get my huge paycheck until next Thursday. i hope you can find someone who can use it. but i will look and see how much it is when you post that you have it.

do you want me to call your work for you and pretend to be your mom? im really good at that kind of stuff. or i could pretend to be your GP.

She really will too. She tried to do this for me on tour in Europe once. But I just called in and said I need to take a longer leave and there's not much you can do about it.... On the original topic of this thread, on the drive down to see Moz in Del Mar on Halloween in 92, my friend decides to tell me that he thinks he should have been born a girl, which is fine, but we were in my folks' backseat, so it was kind of uncomfortable. She's doing fine, so I have heard btw...

I told my boss it was a "Family Emergency" when Moz was rescheduled. Of course, I'm union.

There is no tribunal. Desloge and I live in Illinois, it's an at-will employment state. Employers are allowed to fire you for no reason, or any reason, as long as they're not discriminating against you based on any protected status (race, gender, age, etc.)

then call in because of "coming-out-of-the-closet" trauma.... blammo, you're instantly a protected minority. It would be intolerance to fire you, right??

If anyone knows anyone who will be in Knoxville tomorrow evening and would be interested in Desloge's ticket, please look for me. I won't have email access tomorrow, so... look for me. Mid-thirties, red hair. I will probably be wearing a black skirt and coral sweater. I think. I have the ticket now, bringing it with me.

Let's see...

Biting my nails for 2 weeks wondering if she was going to do any of the Florida shows when ALL SHE HAD WAS A COLD!

There is no tribunal. Desloge and I live in Illinois, it's an at-will employment state. Employers are allowed to fire you for no reason, or any reason, as long as they're not discriminating against you based on any protected status (race, gender, age, etc.)

That is hilarious. At-will employment?
No wonder USA killed the unions... Bush on the Guillotine, please.

I have a great idea for you!!!
Show up for your shift, then start acting nauseated, etc. Go to the bathroom often, look green, say you that you are having massive diarrhea, throwing up, and you have to go home.
Moz will only be on stage from about 9:00 to 10:45, BUT they will be the best minutes ever, so just force yourself to go through this scheme!!!
Good luck, let us know what you decide~

by the sounds of it, this is simply a meaningless summer job that's only importance is to help you afford school and the odd bit of fun (like going to concerts).

assuming this is true, that you don't hav any dependents that will suffer if you are out of work, you obviously should insist that you booked it off specifically becos it is your birthday and you will be out of town to attend a concert and you will not be in to work. don't lie and call in sick- that would be a reason for firing- juste be honest and state your case and tell them that thats the way it is going to be.

if they threaten to fire you, tell them you don't want to be fired, but that the chance of being fired is not going to change your decision. if they fire you, say fine, go to the show, hava great time and then go out and get another job. if they don't fire you, return to work and spend any extra time you hav looking for a new/better job and quit as soon as you get one.

assuming you don't actually desperately need this job, this is an easy decision. you cant let yourself be pushed around by nobodies.

Back
Top Bottom