Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping he replaces Miley's parts with Dana Gillespie
I'm hoping* he replaces Miley's parts with Alain Whyte :hearteyes:

*my only mistake

Or, your perception of how he treats some fans.

Repeatedly canceling gigs on a whim without an explanation or apology isn’t a perception of how he treats some fans.

Maybe not, but it did seem a happy fluke to get MC on it. She came along and everything was magic for a while... Then it wasn't.

I’d be a little disappointed in Morrissey if he removed her vocals. Let’s hope manager Pete helps him sort out the details with all involved and gets BoT released
in some form this year. Not holding my breath though.

It's so hard to guess what will happen. We can all sit saying that there's no chance a major will work with him then all of a sudden we might get a central post saying he's signed with god knows who and Bonfire is coming out.

It's so hard to guess what will happen. We can all sit saying that there's no chance a major will work with him then all of a sudden we might get a central post saying he's signed with god knows who and Bonfire is coming out.

It’s hard to believe how many wrong turns he’s taken. He should be playing in stadiums, as big as the Cure or Depeche Mode. Sad.

It’s hard to believe how many wrong turns he’s taken. He should be playing in stadiums, as big as the Cure or Depeche Mode. Sad.
So, so true. Horrible.

Nah, I prefer seeing him in smaller venues, that goes for all my favorite artists.

Sad but not really surprising... both bands care way more about what their fans want to hear, play much longer shows, and don't cancel repeatedly with no explanation/apology.

Last edited:
Nah, I prefer seeing him in smaller venues, that goes for all my favorite artists.
I agree, but the point is that he should be on that level. He should be able to play stadiums if he wanted to. He has the catalog for it and the decades long legacy.

The Smiths would never have gotten as big as Depeche Mode or The Cure. Firstly, both these bands have put the work into it and mostly stayed together. Secondly, there is a never ending Goth audience for both of these bands as well as Joy Division which translates to new fans for New Order. Morrissey can't keep fans or attract new fans.

The Smiths would never have gotten as big as Depeche Mode or The Cure. Firstly, both these bands have put the work into it and mostly stayed together. Secondly, there is a never ending Goth audience for both of these bands as well as Joy Division which translates to new fans for New Order. Morrissey can't keep fans or attract new fans.

I’ve often wondered how The Smiths would have got on if they had continued.

I’ve often wondered how The Smiths would have got on if they had continued.
I do too, but I don't think they would have had the universal appeal that The Cure, Depeche Mode and New Order have. All of those bands have lost founding members, so I suppose they could have gone on without Johnny, they tried, but that fell apart too.

Last edited:
If that’s true, then who are those people that show up to his gigs? Or who post on this website?

Back
Top Bottom