YouTube: There is a Light, Radio City Music Hall

Haha, thanks for this. What exactly was he saying about the security? I heard him say "shit" a couple of times, couldn't make out the rest though.

Here's a transcript according to Passions, tho I think it may be slightly incorrect.

When the encore started, there were more attempts by fans to get on stage, as they knew this was last call. One fan was nearly successful but security was again being very rough in holding him back. This seemed to have infuriated Morrissey who swore "That's shite... That's just shite... Thank you so much for trying... Thanks for trying... Boo to New York's finest security... security has machine guns so beware... Goodbye, don't forget me." While this was happening, another fan was trying to make contact with Morrissey to give him her letter. She was also held back by a venue bouncer yanking down her skirt while one of Morrissey's security men was trying to help her. Morrissey saw her efforts, went to her and took her letter while saying "God bless you for trying, I'm so sorry about this".

Young and Alive, what is in your signature?

was this meant to point out to Phillyfan how ridiculous it would be to increase security at venues?

the best solution is to accept the stage invasions and how it is now (which is nothing compared to 15 years ago).

yes, i was at that show, and the girl who was trying to get on stage had her skirt almost completely ripped off. people in the audience standing around her were hitting the idiot bouncer trying to get him to let her go. she's a very small girl, and he, of course, was a brute. but she did get onstage, and he got her letter. (yay lulu!!) security had been really rough all night, and arturro and a few other of moz's security staff came over and talked to a few of the bouncers, obviously telling them to cool it, and not be so violent. but i have to say, after going to both of those shows, i think that the whole staff of RCMH were corrupt. i didn't encounter one nice person working there.

Radio City is owned by Madison Square Garden, so expect the same brutes at MSG. It's too bad the venue security may end the show early.

Thanks for this.

Arguing, yes, but has he ever confronted them physically? I mean, they could not push him around like any stage crasher, or could they? Are there any contracts signed or smth.? I know, his own bouncers sort it out for him, but anyway.

Thanks a lot for this great clip :)

I think it is quite clear how Morrissey feels about the fans that try to get on stage -it was very sweet of him to thank and appologise to that fan :)

Wow....awesome clip, thanks for posting.....Johnny is very animated but I guess that's what a bottle of Remy Martin will do for you!

I need to start working on that flux capacitor so we can all go back in time!

Uh...

Anyway. I was thrown out at about this point in the show for a rather pathetic stageward attempt. Security and staff were absolute c***s. Plus I had a 6 foot tall non fan in front of me.

Crap night.

Back
Top Bottom