Why you will easily get tickets for Morrissey's London concerts...

Maurice E

Some advice for those of you worried about getting a ticket on Friday...

The demand for Morrissey tickets in London tends to be between 12,000 and 15,000 people (e.g. 2 Albert Halls, 3 Brixton Academies) depending on how recently he's toured, where else he's touring etc.
There are 18,000 tickets available for the January shows. There is a small chance they may sell out in advance but only with lots of people buying speculatively to sell on E-bay and then finding out they can't get face value.
You simply do not need to buy tickets in advance for shows like this.
At Alexandra Palace last year, my two friends and I got our tickets for £10 each (face value £30). At G-MEX, my friend got his for half price and I got in for free;someone had a spare one and they wouldn't take any money. At his Festival Hall show in 2004 I got one from the box office on the evening of the concert.
Morrissey is simply not a hugely popular artist. He's got nothing like the fanbase of Oasis, Kaiser Chiefs, McCartney, Coldplay etc. If he was playing one night in Camden, tickets might fetch £50-£100 but six means there will be more than enough for anyone who wants to go.
You will easily get tickets for the Camden concerts, and probably at half price (I've never had any hassles off touts; also get them off fans via message boards like this or Gumtree, obviously paying face value when buying off a fan).
BTW; I’m not a cheapskate; honest! Just too disorganised to buy in advance when I know I’ll easily get one nearer the time.

You're right of course, and the panic that you get from some people on here is completely unnecesary.

I got a ticket for the second GMEX night for £10 outside the venue.

There will be a fair few travelling for these gigs (I'll be on the rattler from Manchester myself), but there will still be plenty of tickets knocking about.

I agree totally, for normal tickets, at the Gmex gig last year i had a spare and i could hardly even give it away.

The 6 day pass is what's causing the general panic :confused:

my wife would never let me go to all 6

i have opened the negotiation by requesting i go to 4, she has countered with 2

i think we settle on 3.

Not like here in Gothenburg then when all the standing tickets (ca 4000) sold out in just a minute, an London is quite many times larger. I'm disappointed:(.

We'll take it as read that all members on this site are REALLY big Moz fans. I live a 1 hour train journey from Camden and i'm not desperate for 1 ticket let alone 6. I suppose the thought of going all on my own puts me off a bit!

We'll take it as read that all members on this site are REALLY big Moz fans. I live a 1 hour train journey from Camden and i'm not desperate for 1 ticket let alone 6. I suppose the thought of going all on my own puts me off a bit!

All on your own?
There's thousands of people there every night!

Why? i am genuinely intrigued... I know if i went for 6 nights it would all feel a bit staged on my part...Dare to say i may even find myself getting a bit errr...bored.

I know which nights i want to go to

I wouldn't wanna go to all six but I would probably aim to go to two.
Why? Because a) things can go wrong at Morrissey concerts. His first night at the Palladium was considered a disaster but his other nights were fantastic (apparently). He just gets a bit moody sometimes!
And b), it's probably his best-ever set list. Choosing songs from all eras (and unreleased stuff) with surprise additions every so often, and playing considerably beyond the standard 1 hour 15 mins that all Morrissey concerts used to be. The exact setlist changes pretty often; he's bound to make some changes over the six nights.
I can't remember when he last debuted a new (unreleased) song at a London (or even UK) concert so surely it's about time he did!
So, yes to more than one concert but no to all six!
Maurice

Last edited:
seriously, who wants to go for 6 days?

i would if i wasnt getting married in march ... skintio

this thread has given me one question , i went to both GMEX days , bought my ticket for the second night in advance but on the first night got to manchester early so bought one for £10 outside , my question did anyone pay full price for both nights

Back
Top Bottom