What's this worth?

Biggoof009

I just wanted to see how rare or tough to find this is and a value of it? It's in Excellent condition with no scratches at all, no yellowing paper, etc. Soundboard/quality is excellent. Any experts lmk what this is worth?

OXFORD APOLLO (LP)

William, It Was Really Nothing, Nowhere Fast, What She Said, Hand In Glove, How Soon Is Now?, Stretch Out And Wait, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Shakespeare's Sister, Meat Is Murder, Miserable Lie, Barbarism Begins At Home.
An excellent quality BBC radio recording (originally broadcast on May 9, 1985) of the Oxford Apollo show on March 18, 1985. An exceptional "Meat Is Murder"-era concert, with beautiful guitar from Johnny Marr and excellent vocals from a very upbeat and playful Morrissey. The highlights are a quintessential version of "William, It Was Really Nothing" and the lovely "Miserable Lie" which features a sparkling new guitar intro by Johnny. The packaging (by Burning Bush records) is adequate but is sullied by many typos in the track listing ("No where Fast", "How Soon Is It Now?", "Shakespears Sister", "Bar barism Beging At Home", etc.) (TM)
See also: Before Love - Live In Oxford March 18, 1985, Better Live Than Dead, Flowers, James Dean Is Dead, A Kind Of Loving, Same Day Again, Stealers.

I really can't think of a bootleg lp I see more often than "Oxford Apollo". Not only is it the most commonly found bootleg, it's also the most bootlegged show. It's missing 1/3 of the songs from the original concert. Of the songs included, 1/3 are available commercially on the easy to find "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" UK 12". Another song on that bootleg, "What She Said" is on that omnipresent NME Winners Poll 7" that is virtually free on eBay.

The BBC recorded two shows, the Kilburn show ("Rank"), and this show.

So if you're a completist and it's not more than $30, get it. But if it's more than $30, and you're not trying to collect every factory pressed bootleg, then I'd skip it and get one of the better bootlegs of that show, like "Same Day Again".

Back
Top Bottom