What's the best place to buy cheap Smiths cd's?

Mozzafan#1

I'm quite old fashioned like that, you see all these youngsters listening their so-called 'iPhones', but i prefer my discman, you know where you stand with a discman.

but anyway, i used to have all of the Smiths stuff, even presses which were never released, but unfortunately they were all destroyed in a house fire. People said at the time that it was all my fault, but that's not true, it could have happened to anyone.

so i would like to build my collection back up to where it once was. the very top. has anyone got any helpful suggestions as to where i could inexpensively buy all that old crap again?

cheers in advance, this must be one of the most helpful forums i've ever posted on.

Try eBay and Amazon. There's also a site called Eli which has lots and lots of CDs, records, etc.

I've had good luck on eBay acquiring several early Suede cd singles -- even some brand new.

I'm quite old fashioned like that, you see all these youngsters listening their so-called 'iPhones', but i prefer my discman, you know where you stand with a discman.

but anyway, i used to have all of the Smiths stuff, even presses which were never released, but unfortunately they were all destroyed in a house fire. People said at the time that it was all my fault, but that's not true, it could have happened to anyone.

so i would like to build my collection back up to where it once was. the very top. has anyone got any helpful suggestions as to where i could inexpensively buy all that old crap again?

cheers in advance, this must be one of the most helpful forums i've ever posted on.
Yo Mozzafan. If you are based in North London, there is a great shop in East Finchley that sells 2nd hand stuff (are you into vinyl at all?). Also, there are a number of shops in Camden Town on the main drag near the station.

Discogs and eBay have both served me well. You can even get some now-overpriced "collectible" items for really cheap on ebay if you're diligent... I haven't had money, even for those "1 cent CD" auctions lately though!

Discogs is not quite as good for scoring collectibles cheaply, but many wide-release albums can be found at very good prices, and I do get notifications about really cheap/reasonably-priced rarities once in a blue moon.

I'm sure Amazon's good too, but I never used it because I think you need a credit card or something...

Last edited:
Yo Mozzafan. If you are based in North London, there is a great shop in East Finchley that sells 2nd hand stuff (are you into vinyl at all?). Also, there are a number of shops in Camden Town on the main drag near the station.

hey, what's going on? do you have me on some kind of IP tracer or something, making me paranoid *looks left* *looks right*

yes, i live very close to there, just down the road lol i will visit those shops and see what's going on. many thanks for the tip.

thanks also to the online tipsters, that is very kind. once i have looked in these shops peter recommended i will go and fill any gaps (as the actress said to the bishop) online.

remember when all shops were real and you could walk inside them? not like today's shops where they are either empty and rotten, or all put together in clever codes on the internet. i don't know if Morrissey shops online but i think i can comfortably speak for him when i say he prefers real shops like me and peter.

If you're only looking for CDs, then £30 isn't a bad price for the full remastered collection:

http://www.zavvi.com/cd/the-smiths/...utm_medium=gp&utm_campaign=gp_cd&affil=thggps

dayum, that's good though. i may have to do a recce and see what the prices are in the shops, this looks a good deal. i sometimes find when you walk into one of the few shops that are still in business and ask for a good deal like on the internet, they give you a funny look and get upset.

hey, what's going on? do you have me on some kind of IP tracer or something, making me paranoid *looks left* *looks right*

yes, i live very close to there, just down the road lol i will visit those shops and see what's going on. many thanks for the tip.

thanks also to the online tipsters, that is very kind. once i have looked in these shops peter recommended i will go and fill any gaps (as the actress said to the bishop) online.

remember when all shops were real and you could walk inside them? not like today's shops where they are either empty and rotten, or all put together in clever codes on the internet. i don't know if Morrissey shops online but i think i can comfortably speak for him when i say he prefers real shops like me and peter.
Hey Mozzafan, we're neighbours! The shop in East Finchley is called Alans and is between the North Circular Road junction and the shops down near the tube station.

dayum, that's good though. i may have to do a recce and see what the prices are in the shops, this looks a good deal. i sometimes find when you walk into one of the few shops that are still in business and ask for a good deal like on the internet, they give you a funny look and get upset.

Hey Mozzafan, we're neighbours! The shop in East Finchley is called Alans and is between the North Circular Road junction and the shops down near the tube station.

The 263 bus stops nearly outside it. The east Finchely Library stop.

cornelius, no picture bro? lol

i will check this shop out for real.

why power-hungry mods, again they move my thread on a board with 3 new posts an hour? *rolling-of-eyes* do they apologise when they are mean to posters on the board, or just ignore them like last time?

ah well, at least they also moved skylarker's thinly veiled boasting thread. you won't find me boasting about my collection, even before the house fire.

i just looked into Alan's and apparently there is a shop dog called 'Jake'. i will be sure to take the dog a treat and tell Alan i heard that his dog is often hungry. that might not help me get a good deal. i'm looking for a good deal. maybe i'll just say nice things about the dog which aren't true so he looks on me favourably.

ah well, at least they also moved skylarker's thinly veiled boasting thread. you won't find me boasting about my collection, even before the house fire.

i just looked into Alan's and apparently there is a shop dog called 'Jake'. i will be sure to take the dog a treat and tell Alan i heard that his dog is often hungry. that might not help me get a good deal. i'm looking for a good deal. maybe i'll just say nice things about the dog which aren't true so he looks on me favourably.
House fire!? Sounds like a story there.
Alans a good guy. Maybe I'll see you in there sometime.

fair play i will ask after you. did you meet his dog? what kind of dog is (s)he?

ah well, i made up that story about the house fire to cover up my lack of Morrissey archive and i will stick to the story. i might make up a load of lies about what happened for fun in future; as no-one reads this section, it will be ok, only you and our picture-posting pal over there will know the truth.

I live in the middle of nowhere... I am lucky to have even one good record store in town these days. And I bought up all their Smiths vinyl already.

Back
Top Bottom