What would you do if Morrissey would die tomorrow?

What would you do if Morrissey died tomorrow?

• Total voters
Well suicide would be out as i have children...but my heart would be wrenched out.I`d wear black for a year or so and I wouldn`t be able to play his songs as it would be too painful.
PLEEEAAAASE don`t do depressing posts like this.There`s too much sadness in the world without talking about Morrissey dying.He`ll live to be very old and wise.And will sit on a veranda somewhere looking at the night sky,counting the stars,cat on his lap and scrawling poems down in a big book.:D

If he was being buried in England or Ireland I'd probably try and go to the church. I think he said he wanted to buried in L.A of all places

This is a horrible question to think about.

Although most of us never met/will meet Morrissey, he is a part of our lives.
We (more or less) buy his work, play his songs, sing them, quote his lyrics whenever we get the chance to.
We know all of his songs, we try so hard to interpret his lyrics to find out what he´s like, what he thinks, feels, loves, hates.
We (again, more or less of us) are vegetarian, we believe that what he says is the ultimate truth, we love and adore him.

I don´t even know the least bit of this man´s real life, his hopes or wishes, but as I have loved him for many years, it feels like he is a very, very, very dear friend.
A friend who is out of reach but who will always be proudly loved, resprected and supported.

If the world stopped for him to get off, I would be in despair and depression. I would miss him terribly.

But luckily nothing could ever happen to him: I was told he is immortal...but keep this as a secret, please.

Well suicide would be out as i have children...but my heart would be wrenched out.I`d wear black for a year or so and I wouldn`t be able to play his songs as it would be too painful.
PLEEEAAAASE don`t do depressing posts like this.There`s too much sadness in the world without talking about Morrissey dying.He`ll live to be very old and wise.And will sit on a veranda somewhere looking at the night sky,counting the stars,cat on his lap and scrawling poems down in a big book.:D

This is a horrible question to think about.

Although most of us never met/will meet Morrissey, he is a part of our lives.
We (more or less) buy his work, play his songs, sing them, quote his lyrics whenever we get the chance to.
We know all of his songs, we try so hard to interpret his lyrics to find out what he´s like, what he thinks, feels, loves, hates.
We (again, more or less of us) are vegetarian, we believe that what he says is the ultimate truth, we love and adore him.

I don´t even know the least bit of this man´s real life, his hopes or wishes, but as I have loved him for many years, it feels like he is a very, very, very dear friend.
A friend who is out of reach but who will always be proudly loved, resprected and supported.

If the world stopped for him to get off, I would be in despair and depression. I would miss him terribly.

But luckily nothing could ever happen to him: I was told he is immortal...but keep this as a secret, please.

I hate this thread b/c it's such an awful thought and it upsets me, but at the same time some of the sweetest posts I've ever read are on it. These two made me tear up. You said it way better than I ever could.

Yes this is a morbid thread, yet human beings in affluent countries have always been attracted to the notion of the fallen idol, the tragic hero or the lost icon. It's because we don't often have to engage in real struggle and real grief in our lives (like having limbs blown off in bomb blasts, or losing our entire family to AIDS) so, we invent it. We also find it necessary to invent our own gods as a substitute for religion and, as such, the zeal we exhibit for our musicians and our film stars is just as real as that of the religious fanatic for his god. I work in a bookstore and one of our new offers is going to be money off books on 'rock'n'roll casualties'. I rolled my eyes when I heard, but I know there's a reason stars such as Kurt Cobain appeal to the emotionally stunted tweenies of this country, and yet still mean a lot to those who knew and loved Nirvana when they existed. However, I don't think those who jump on the 'grief bandwagon' when someone dies feel any less upset than someone who loses a friend or relative, so I understand why the idea of Moz dying occurs to people. I expect similar threads have appeared long before now and will appear again.

As for my two-penneth, I don't think 'metaphorically dying' would be quite adequate to cover my reaction ... I've cried for a full 50 minutes before now because some character died on TV; every time I watch programmes about comedians whose work I've loved and who had troubled lives and tragic ends, I dissolve into tears, and I wasn't even born when they were alive. So to think of Moz going tomorrow is simply unthinkable ... I'd be in bits for months .... I'd probably require counselling.

However, the manner of someone's death is always a factor. If he were to go tomorrow, or the way of Lennon, then obviously, I'd carry inarticulate anger and yearning for the rest of my life; I'd grieve as if my brother had been lost. But, if he were to go in 30 or 40 years time and of old age, I'd shed a tear the way you would for a parent who'd lived a full life. I guess that means he's akin to family for me.

Anyways, I like the idea of lining the streets of Manchester when the unthinkable happens; then waiting three days until he rises from the tomb.
Remember, he'll go one Thursday ... the palmist said so.

Back
Top Bottom