Tony Blair's resignation

If you mean she could have (if allowed to) have been even more extreme right wing, then I agree. Her government was much more right than right of centre. I'll amend it to intense, excessive or exceedingly if you wish? Otherwise we disagree.

we disagree then:D I spent four years studying politics.

Who isn't fortunate? lazy waster's perhaps!

Not a great nation?

Leaders in science, industry and finance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The line is already drawn, it just needs will and a legal system to carry out the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been anywhere outside the UK? Do you realise that much of the rest of the planet is in war/famine?

Stick your self-loathing leftie bollox up your ........................

Leaders in finance? Yeh right. the Dow Jones plummets and so does our beloved FTSE (having shares I should know- theres capitalism for you!!!)

And what industries oh the ever so ethical oil companies ripping the heart out of this planet's natural wonders and basically raping and pillaging African land and supporting puppet dictators and military juntas who have fleets of private jets while people starve ...

Um yes I have been out of the UK. I've been in pure leftie self-loathing mode to Cuba. And not to 5 star hotels either, stayed with Cuban families.
Now I could say Cuba has the best education and health system in the world. And neglect to mention the fact that a lot of folk live in abject poverty.

I've also been to Merthyr Tydfil. And Maerdy. And Penrhys. And Rhigos. And Swansea Road. People live in f***ing poverty in Britain too mate. Those who you deem to live under your line are usually classed as living under the poverty line too.

Some people can't hold onto your erstwhile self-made success dream. And as for studying politics for four years.... what polytechninc was that at?

Leaders in finance? Yeh right. the Dow Jones plummets and so does our beloved FTSE (having shares I should know- theres capitalism for you!!!)

And what industries oh the ever so ethical oil companies ripping the heart out of this planet's natural wonders and basically raping and pillaging African land and supporting puppet dictators and military juntas who have fleets of private jets while people starve ...

Um yes I have been out of the UK. I've been in pure leftie self-loathing mode to Cuba. And not to 5 star hotels either, stayed with Cuban families.
Now I could say Cuba has the best education and health system in the world. And neglect to mention the fact that a lot of folk live in abject poverty.

I've also been to Merthyr Tydfil. And Maerdy. And Penrhys. And Rhigos. And Swansea Road. People live in f***ing poverty in Britain too mate. Those who you deem to live under your line are usually classed as living under the poverty line too.

Some people can't hold onto your erstwhile self-made success dream. And as for studying politics for four years.... what polytechninc was that at?

Haven't you got some yoghurt knitting classes to go to?

Name me a country that you feel is better than Britain! We have a welfare state, making your claim of people living in 'poverty' impossible! Try looking around the world to see real poverty, real corruption etc.

It's strange that you try and put my education down, a sudden snobbishness showing through an otherwise 'power to the people' speech.

I grew up in a single parent family on a council estate in Glasgow. I now live in a cottage in Surrey and drive a jag. I am called a 'social climber'. I climb because I am hard working and bright! I am the only person in my family to go to university.

You have a poor person's mentality, a loser's mentality, I should know, I grew up getting brainwashed with it.

Who cares if some shell suit wearing wankers in Wales that won't work are 'poor'. Get up off their arses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to 'nobody loves us'.

Cuba is another third-rate shit-hole full of poverty, not fit to shine the shoes of our great nation. Other Countries FOLLOW, we lead. I am sick of listeniong to lefties whining on about 'ethical' this and that. Life is HARD, if you are a little pussy, you are f***ed!!!! Get used to it.

I do think what we see as 'poverty' in this country will be seen as 'luxury' in other countries.

We are very lucky here, it might not seem it but we are. That it why there is so much immigration here. The people that do work and importantly can and have the intelligence to do so, have a comfortable life here.

Cuba, isn't a country to really inspire to, the UN is quite critical Cuba’s human rights record.

I do think what we see as 'poverty' in this country will be seen as 'luxury' in other countries.

We are very lucky here, it might not seem it but we are. That it why there is so much immigration here. The people that do work and importantly can and have the intelligence to do so, have a comfortable life here.

Cuba, isn't a country to really inspire to, the UN is quite critical Cuba’s human rights record.

Bravo!!!

But trying telling the Che supporting Yoghurt knitters that!

Bravo!!!

But trying telling the Che supporting Yoghurt knitters that!

yoghurt knitters:) haven't heard that in ages.

In Cuba, or so i have heard, treats people suffering from HIV appallingly.

There is no great nation or country where everyone gets what they want, via it government. There are some major problems in the UK at the moment. which will take time to be sorted out, once they are gone new ones will arise. Communism doesn't work without a very dogmatic goverment that controls everything you say or do. We live in a democracy and it ran by capitalism, we are lucky. People can complain, but they will never move to another country as they know this.

Yoghurt knitters :D :D

I've written two soliquolies now only to be kicked off the site. See if this works.

oh it does.

Anyway the Cuban example was me trying to turn your argument on it's head. By citing those examples we can say Cuba is a great country, when its patently not. *

There are at least 20 countries better than the UK IMHO. We lead in nothing. We are one of the main proponents of science and scientific development but we're no the wrold leader in anything. America says jump we say how high.

As for all the other drivel I wrote I'll come back to it on Monday if thats ok by you.

* Castro actually rounded up all the HIV victims and stuck them on an island. Obviosuly SG may think this a pretty good way of sorting out society's problems but he'd probably say stick them in Wales!!!!

No I thought I had for a minute. Aaargh life over!!! HA HA

Um must be my PC or something. I'm a luddite.

Phew i don't want mr birds banned....he likes the Fall and is welsh, he is like my brother:) (we have welsh parents btw).

Yep, Cuba is prop great to visit (never been) but wouldn't want to live there.

Phew i don't want mr birds banned....he likes the Fall and is welsh, he is like my brother:) (we have welsh parents btw).

Yep, Cuba is prop great to visit (never been) but wouldn't want to live there.

Ah Thats a lovely thing to say. Thanks bruv!

oh it does.

Anyway the Cuban example was me trying to turn your argument on it's head. By citing those examples we can say Cuba is a great country, when its patently not. *

There are at least 20 countries better than the UK IMHO. We lead in nothing. We are one of the main proponents of science and scientific development but we're no the wrold leader in anything. America says jump we say how high.

As for all the other drivel I wrote I'll come back to it on Monday if thats ok by you.

* Castro actually rounded up all the HIV victims and stuck them on an island. Obviosuly SG may think this a pretty good way of sorting out society's problems but he'd probably say stick them in Wales!!!!

Well, You don't tell us where those countries are or why they are 'better', sounds very subjective.

The UK is a great country in objective terms, finance, education, employment, health care etc. There are many other countries that can boast the same, but they copied OUR health system, OUR railway system, OUR education system, OUR legal sytem, need I go on?

I would suggest we keep it sensible, suggesting I would like HIV sufferers placed on an island is taking things a wee bit too far.

Well, You don't tell us where those countries are or why they are 'better', sounds very subjective.

The UK is a great country in objective terms, finance, education, employment, health care etc. There are many other countries that can boast the same, but they copied OUR health system, OUR railway system, OUR education system, OUR legal sytem, need I go on?

I would suggest we keep it sensible, suggesting I would like HIV sufferers placed on an island is taking things a wee bit too far.

It was meant as a joke. Obviously lost in typing translation. Sorry. I'll put smilies or something next time :(

Anyway I would suggest Sweden, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, Germany, France, Japan, even the good ol' USA for starters. Statistically proven people seem to be happier (but maybe thats just the British/English disease) their education systems arearguably better (eg Our European counterparts learn foreign languages yet we can't even be bothered as a rule to learn theirs. Although you will say that English is the primary global language so its a necessity) as health care (albeit not the USA)

And one can certainly pick criticisms in these countries too...

Some of those countries did take our legal system, others didn't. As for our railway system...well England invented football and cricket but they're hardly the best at it now! As per the NAtional health service.

Again I apologise wholeheartedly for the HIV jibe.

Anyway I would suggest Sweden, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, Germany, France, Japan, even the good ol' USA for starters. Statistically proven people seem to be happier (but maybe thats just the British/English disease) their education systems arearguably better (eg Our European counterparts learn foreign languages yet we can't even be bothered as a rule to learn theirs. Although you will say that English is the primary global language so its a necessity) as health care (albeit not the USA)

And one can certainly pick criticisms in these countries too...

Some of those countries did take our legal system, others didn't. As for our railway system...well England invented football and cricket but they're hardly the best at it now! As per the NAtional health service.

Again I apologise wholeheartedly for the HIV jibe.

Very subjective, what do you mean people are happier? I assume you have a survey of some kind!

I think the number of British born scientists and inventors flies in the face of the idea that those countries have a better educational system.

Sir James White-Black was chancellor of my uni, he invented the two most commonly prescribed drugs in the world, a Scotsman like myself and so many other great people:D

I don't know why you are so determined to put your own country down, its really sad.

You have had free educational, healthcare etc, can't you be even slighlty grateful?

The NHS is oversubscribed, but don't knock the work they do, a lot of the countries you mention couldn't hold a candle to the work done in the NHS.

No not me I went to Eton and have a Harley Street surgeon!!!

What what!

Back
Top Bottom