Tony Blair's resignation

Don't smack TMYEM! :(
'tid ok, it was a friendly ' dont be so soft' kinda smack... shouldve used a cushion i know.
*rolls eyes and wonders why shes even wasting time on blurrrr*

BYE BYE Mr Blair!
thanks for all the work done on securing some kinda peace in Northern Ireland. As for Iraq.....sorry, but that's your sad legacy.

I think we have to get used to the fact that the Catholic hating loyalist terror supporters who never wanted to share power are now entitled to take their place in the new government.
Time to move forward.

this observation is so clumsy i can't really offer a substantive reply.

Yep, at least number of security alert has been dramatically decreased in London.

hmmm.... well as long as residents of london are safe, that's cool. no need to worry about anyone else... least of all a bunch of gormless paddies. i dunno why the gov't didn't just give in 35 years ago; it would've saved people in london a lot of unnecessary inconvenience. problem solved. you should stand for election, kewpie.

good point. she was a muppet, anyway

thats not very nice, he is a daddy:(

Cynical people would say that baby Leo was born to help as a piece of political propaganda for the 2001 election. Not me squire.

Anyway what about Prescott's legacy? WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM!

Yep. I don't have anything that political to add, seem to be lacking concentration this late at night, and I'm all worked up about it now...

this observation is so clumsy i can't really offer a substantive reply.

hmmm.... well as long as residents of london are safe, that's cool. no need to worry about anyone else... least of all a bunch of gormless paddies. i dunno why the gov't didn't just give in 35 years ago; it would've saved people in london a lot of unnecessary inconvenience. problem solved. you should stand for election, kewpie.

Clumsy?
My instinct is to try and spark a debate with you about this, but I think you sound too biased to offer any real arguments. It appears to me that you will never accept shared power, and that is your tragedy.

But the time for this debate has passed, and you lost. Accept it and move on, or move out - perhaps nearer to your beloved Queen?

I remember when Northern Ireland played Wales at the Millenium Stadium a couple of years ago and on the way into the stadia a Northern Irish fan was singing Irish Blood, English heart. Which I found wryly amusing for all sorts of reasons.

And then the anthems were played and a caterwaul (OH WHAT A GREAT WORD) of boos resonated for Northern Ireland's.

I'm no great authority on the troubles but surely peace is better than...

OH HANG ON- I AM DAMO SUZUKI has just come on the PC... f*** everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE3qn0hsNuM

I've only lived in London for last 14 years (I lived in Bournemouth and Manchester in late 80s), but it doesn't mean that I don't care about the other parts of the country.
I don't know much about terrorism and safety issues about outside of London.

If this has been brought up earlier I'm sure someone will move it for me.

The media coverage has been of the highest sycophantic shit ever, ahts off to the Labour spin machine (admittedly I've watched the Beeb's coverage mainly)

"Hand on my heart, I did what was best for the country" re: Iraq

Um excuse me you haven't got a heart.

His achievements.....

Northern Ireland, started off by Major.
Minimum wage, a token gesture. Should have been put at a level which would have actually changed people's lives.
Income per person grew by 2.4%. Amd how much did inflation increase per year?
Education? Haven't a clue. See they didn't abolish student loans though.
NHS? What a mess.

10 years of nothingness.

Blair's greatest achievement? Making the country apathetic to politics.

Life is good for most people in the UK and we are apathetic because there is nothing much to be upset about domestically, so people get interested in foreign policy.

We are very fortunate to live in the UK and the self loathing of the liberal elite is simply pathetic. We were/are a great nation. Just google' inventions' for example, and see how many are British.

As for foreign policy, we should keep out of other countries, they are generally not worth the effort.

What the liberal elite fail to acknowledge is that our former colonies are in a complete mess 50 year after we left. We all wish to be culturally sensitive but many cultures are simply backwards thinking and incapable of succesful self-government.

Multi-culturalism does not work. You can't accomodate everyone's beliefs, there is always going to be conflict.

All major religions are sexist, racist, homophobic and believe that the law should not be adhered to if it contravenes religous laws. How exactly can this be accomodated?

I believe in a conservative, socially responsible SECULAR state, where paedophiles are executed and people who are anti-western are deported or sent to jail. Is that really too much to ask? Lets look after decent hard working people regardless of gender/sexuality/race and deal harshly with social nuisances and criminals.

Discussing race should be limited unless there is a purpose to it!

Rant over.

So, in other words, you are for an anti-freedom of speech and religion conservative dictatorship that executes people and sends people to jail for 5 years because they were caught with an ounce of pot in their jacket.

If I lived in your ideal country, I'd kill myself.

OH HANG ON- I AM DAMO SUZUKI has just come on the PC... f*** everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE3qn0hsNuM

always the fall to make things better.

Cynical people would say that baby Leo was born to help as a piece of political propaganda for the 2001 election. Not me squire.

Anyway what about Prescott's legacy? WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM!

ha why did you think i voted, 'hey tony don't kiss other people babies" "just get a new one".

how dare you use a 'small faces' song with the name of that egg catcher!

'tid ok, it was a friendly ' dont be so soft' kinda smack... shouldve used a cushion i know.
*rolls eyes and wonders why shes even wasting time on blurrrr*

Thanks, i haven't got much grey matter up there, so don't knock any more out:(

Last edited:
Life is good for most people in the UK and we are apathetic because there is nothing much to be upset about domestically, so people get interested in foreign policy.

We are very fortunate to live in the UK and the self loathing of the liberal elite is simply pathetic. We were/are a great nation. Just google' inventions' for example, and see how many are British.

As for foreign policy, we should keep out of other countries, they are generally not worth the effort.

What the liberal elite fail to acknowledge is that our former colonies are in a complete mess 50 year after we left. We all wish to be culturally sensitive but many cultures are simply backwards thinking and incapable of succesful self-government.

Multi-culturalism does not work. You can't accomodate everyone's beliefs, there is always going to be conflict.

All major religions are sexist, racist, homophobic and believe that the law should not be adhered to if it contravenes religous laws. How exactly can this be accomodated?

I believe in a conservative, socially responsible SECULAR state, where paedophiles are executed and people who are anti-western are deported or sent to jail. Is that really too much to ask? Lets look after decent hard working people regardless of gender/sexuality/race and deal harshly with social nuisances and criminals.

Rant over.

I know you're a rockabilly man but Macmillan's "You've Never Had It So Good" was in 1962/3 y'know!

I've never said I wasn't fortunate to live in the UK. Other people aren't though.

Where do you draw the line on social nuisances/menaces? the ASBo stage, the Young Offender's Prison,

We are not a great nation. We used to be. Suez changed all that

Clumsy?
My instinct is to try and spark a debate with you about this, but I think you sound too biased to offer any real arguments. It appears to me that you will never accept shared power, and that is your tragedy.

But the time for this debate has passed, and you lost. Accept it and move on, or move out - perhaps nearer to your beloved Queen?

with the best will in the world, and with as little bias as possible, sir, i can offer, only, this:

"KNICKERS!!!!"

Rant over.

HEAR HEAR

*realises shes on this thread again, and makes a sharp exit*

Bliar was not the great PM I had hoped for in a Labour PM but thankfully he was not as bad or evil as Thatcher. He wasn't exempt from evil either. After his first victory, I never voted labour again. The recent results in Scotland, where I live, has demonstrated to me the danger of not voting labour. Not being secular or nationalistic, independence seems to me a step in the wrong direction and as England will vote Tory despite lessons learned, then maybe it is time for Scotland to go on it's own direction. There is the benefit of losing the royal leaches plus I never want to live under an extreme right wing government again. Right wing Labour is bad enough. Shit! I'm buying a house in France. Oh well, at least I'll be fine. A characteristic ingrained into me from my years as a kid through the Thatcher years. What does one person do when there is no possible winner worth voting for? No. I don't want to get personally involved. I'm with Billy Connelly, "Anybody wishing to become a politician should automatically be banned from doing so."

Something that deeply saddens me and I'm sure saddens Morrissey too, is just how many of his fans agree with Tory policy. The world is a fantastic place, full of wonder and possibilities but naked apes ruin all they can.

Rant over.

So, in other words, you are for an anti-freedom of speech and religion conservative dictatorship that executes people and sends people to jail for 5 years because they were caught with an ounce of pot in their jacket.

If I lived in your ideal country, I'd kill myself.

very silly.

I know you're a rockabilly man but Macmillan's "You've Never Had It So Good" was in 1962/3 y'know!

I've never said I wasn't fortunate to live in the UK. Other people aren't though.

Where do you draw the line on social nuisances/menaces? the ASBo stage, the Young Offender's Prison,

We are not a great nation. We used to be. Suez changed all that

Who isn't fortunate? lazy waster's perhaps!

Not a great nation?

Leaders in science, industry and finance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The line is already drawn, it just needs will and a legal system to carry out the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been anywhere outside the UK? Do you realise that much of the rest of the planet is in war/famine?

Stick your self-loathing leftie bollox up your ........................

Bliar was not the great PM I had hoped for in a Labour PM but thankfully he was not as bad or evil as Thatcher. He wasn't exempt from evil either. After his first victory, I never voted labour again. The recent results in Scotland, where I live, has demonstrated to me the danger of not voting labour. Not being secular or nationalistic, independence seems to me a step in the wrong direction and as England will vote Tory despite lessons learned, then maybe it is time for Scotland to go on it's own direction. There is the benefit of losing the royal leaches plus I never want to live under an extreme right wing government again. Right wing Labour is bad enough. Shit! I'm buying a house in France. Oh well, at least I'll be fine. A characteristic ingrained into me from my years as a kid through the Thatcher years. What does one person do when there is no possible winner worth voting for? No. I don't want to get personally involved. I'm with Billy Connelly, "Anybody wishing to become a politician should automatically be banned from doing so."

Something that deeply saddens me and I'm sure saddens Morrissey too, is just how many of his fans agree with Tory policy. The world is a fantastic place, full of wonder and possibilities but naked apes ruin all they can.

Rant over.

There has never been an 'extreme right wing' government in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom