Ticketmaster.sg: Singapore cancelled 'due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control'

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 11.22.05 AM.jpeg

[CANCELLED] Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore - ticketmaster.sg

Excerpt:

MORRISSEY: 40 YEARS OF MORRISEY IN SINGAPORE

CANCELLATION NOTICE

Due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control, we regret to announce that Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore slated for 9 November 2023 at The Star Theatre will no longer take place.

Fans who have purchased tickets will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster through the original mode of payment. It could take up to 40 business days for refunds to be processed. Please contact Ticketmaster via https://help.ticketmaster.sg or call +65 3158 8588 for further refund enquiries.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Related item:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was new to gig-going, and still admired him as much as I once did, I’d keep booking flights and hotels. “It won’t happen to me!” And it didn’t, for years.
I’ve been to Stavanger, Manchester, London, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Leeds (f***ing hell), Dublin, Belfast, Rome, Paris, somewhere in Germany.… all over the place. Spent a fortune. All worth it.
But cancelling Nottingham while I was on the train down and a couple of voddies into a bottle was the final straw for me. I’m not paying extortionate travel/hotel fees just to see the same old shit I can watch on YouTube anymore.
But others will, so he’ll keep getting away with it and will keep on cancelling.

He’s obviously not up to touring anymore, so stop wasting the time, money and good will of the few fans he has left.
Also, the tour manager is not to blame. He might be a prick, but at the very least, he does run these places/dates by Morrissey and he agrees to them.
I agree with everything you said.

It's really quite sad that he's losing so many people who once adored him, but he doesn't seem to care. I nearly bought tickets to Nottingham but didn't for some reason and went to Leeds and Liverpool instead. I think once it happens to you then you will be angry enough to just watch on YouTube.

At the very least, I am acutely aware that whenever I book gig tickets to see him it might not actually happen. When you think about it it's quite ridiculous the way he's going on - cancelling and saying absolutely nothing and letting Ticketmaster send out their canned response without adding any detail to it. As you said, people would be slightly more understanding should he actually give a reason for the cancellation in a statement. There is absolutely no excuse why he shouldn't say something about it when people are travelling across the world to see a show.

If it was poor ticket sales surely the New York shows would have been cancelled but they went ahead. Just a thought.
I don’t know this as fact, but it’s quite possible that as the gigs were promoted as a whole, if one or more shows were to be canceled there could have been a clause that affected his payout. He would gain more financially to go through with gigs with lower attendance (if in fact the numbers were low) than to cancel and take a hit. Again, speculation. This wouldn’t apply to a one-off in some random city elsewhere.

If I was new to gig-going, and still admired him as much as I once did, I’d keep booking flights and hotels. “It won’t happen to me!” And it didn’t, for years.
I’ve been to Stavanger, Manchester, London, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Leeds (f***ing hell), Dublin, Belfast, Rome, Paris, somewhere in Germany.… all over the place. Spent a fortune. All worth it.
But cancelling Nottingham while I was on the train down and a couple of voddies into a bottle was the final straw for me. I’m not paying extortionate travel/hotel fees just to see the same old shit I can watch on YouTube anymore.
But others will, so he’ll keep getting away with it and will keep on cancelling.

He’s obviously not up to touring anymore, so stop wasting the time, money and good will of the few fans he has left.
Also, the tour manager is not to blame. He might be a prick, but at the very least, he does run these places/dates by Morrissey and he agrees to them.
My first cancelled gig was way back in spring '85 on the Meat is Murder tour.
Southend Cliffs Pavillion, the excuse?
Stage was too small and not safe 🤣.
We were already there when this was announced. Bummer.
Next one was the Roundhouse in 2008, so ive been relatively lucky considering some of the stories from people on here.

I don’t know this as fact, but it’s quite possible that as the gigs were promoted as a whole, if one or more shows were to be canceled there could have been a clause that affected his payout. He would gain more financially to go through with gigs with lower attendance (if in fact the numbers were low) than to cancel and take a hit. Again, speculation. This wouldn’t apply to a one-off in some random city elsewhere.

Interesting. Though, being present at the shows, I was surprised to see him in such good spirits, after reading on solo that attendance was supposedly poor. Didn’t seem to phase him.

Definitely right about go and enjoy Singapore. I would never plan to travel long-distance to see any artist unless I was happy just to go and visit that place regardless and spend the weekend there - any show can be cancelled.
100%. Especially with Morrissey, if you are travelling long distances to a show, only go if you will still be able to enjoy yourself if he cancels. By now, all fans should be aware of this.

The only people who deserve to be upset are those for who this was their nearest show.

If it was poor ticket sales surely the New York shows would have been cancelled but they went ahead. Just a thought.
I would also argue that the NYC gigs were back to back and so didn’t require additional travel expenses. As someone pointed out, there?s the Singapore gig and only a week later the Hong Kong gig. So Morrissey, the band and the crew have to accomodated in decent for 7 nights between the 2 gigs. I assume the (disappointing) ticket sales of the Singapore gig were not covering these expenses.

Definitely right about go and enjoy Singapore. I would never plan to travel long-distance to see any artist unless I was happy just to go and visit that place regardless and spend the weekend there - any show can be cancelled.
I would go anywhere to see the manics and Suede cause you can tell they care about their fans. Nice bunch of guys.

Nottingham all over again - at least this time it’s probably not a hangover!

I’d imagine Moz’s kit is probably stuck on a container somewhere and he doesn’t want to fork out to rent another rig.
In the days when he was doing massive arena tours he likely had a RigA/RigB so he could move sites quicker
If your imagination is what you rely on then go hog wild.

It wasn't their fault, but I see that all the haters have arrived!! They come with a slogan: hit Morrissey and get all your frustrations out
I'd better get out of here!! A lot of resentful!!!Rajemos !!!!

Sure as vegans love to tell you they’re vegan, people who have seen The Smiths live love to tell you they’ve seen The Smiths live.

I’m here is SGP having flown over for the gig.
Gutted.
Feel for you.
Some folk feel the need to attend every show, almost an insane pilgrimage around the world. I believe a world tour should mostly be for local fans, and moreover in light of Moz' cancellation record, this only seems correct. Spending thousands of dollars and taking the time away from my work with that risk involved isn't my idea of fun.
The tour has been very much the same show each night at each country, and it isn't that great.

Don’t get too excited. @TheSmiths_1985 did
a review of Rick’s new album here …

In interviews, he comes across as a down to earth guy, but I'm not excited in the least about the release of his new album. I was just acknowledging that he has a record deal.

I wonder what that is like?.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom