This is exactly what I was talking about.....

When I got on stage in 2004, I got up, I hugged him. He didn't really see me coming. I quickly let go and started to walk off the stage and never looked back. My girlfriend at the time said I should have turned around as he reached out to me.

Now, I do not have a problem with people getting on stage but I do have a problem with people that take it too far and cause shows to end early.

We are finally back to having multiple song encores. I'd hate to see that ruined again. So if you are going to get on stage, be decent and if you reach him, be brief, be gentle and be gone.

When I got on stage in 2004, I got up, I hugged him. He didn't really see me coming. I quickly let go and started to walk off the stage and never looked back. My girlfriend at the time said I should have turned around as he reached out to me.

Now, I do not have a problem with people getting on stage but I do have a problem with people that take it too far and cause shows to end early.

We are finally back to having multiple song encores. I'd hate to see that ruined again. So if you are going to get on stage, be decent and if you reach him, be brief, be gentle and be gone.

Amen. No one likes to be tackled. Or to have another human being clinging to their hips for a good ten minutes.

DXS

Amen. No one likes to be tackled. Or to have another human being clinging to their hips for a good ten minutes.

DXS

I wouldn't mind having someone cling to my hips for a good ten minutes, but that's a different topic...

I was at the Stockton show and Moz was reaching out to people who got on stage for a handshake, etc.. He would just sort of go limp when people would cling to him. The last guy was over the top. I wanted to jump on stage and pull the guy away myself, because he looked like he was trying to greco-roman wrestle him and take his legs out. I wasn't at all surprised the show ended at that point, but I'm still pissed at the idiot who did it.

I would not want people to walk up and hug me while I was working, but somehow this became part of his job description at some point. Since the idiot in Pasadena that nearly ended the show, and the one in Stockton that did, I think that security has a different viewpoint about people getting onstage, no matter how well intentioned they may be.

I'm not mad at anyone that has managed to do this in the past, especially since it used to be a pretty cool thing. I wasn't jealous because I think the people that walked across the stage and were gentle were representing all of the fans. I don't think it should be attempted anymore. I won't advocate violence but I do think that anyone that gets rough with Morrissey is taking a big risk to their personal safety. These things probably happen spontaneously, but then why does it happen at the end? They wait thinking that even if they ruin the show, at least they got to see the majority of it.

Grabbing his necklace is a sick act and I think anyone that would do something like this is an obsessive person that needs help. If you are willing to injure the person you idolize something is wrong.

In Sparks an innocent person that only gave him a hug was ignored by Morrissey and they made a display of forcing the person from the room, arms behind his back. In the old days this person would have been a part of the show, but because of abuse by idiots, even being gentle is met with brute force.

It is not a good idea.

He is changing

"It's so easy for us to sit together
But it's so hard for our hearts to combine"

to

It's so easy for us to (changed but I forget) together
But it's impossible for the flesh to combine

and then making a gesture of opening his arms wide. I don't know if this is related but could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom