The Drivel Thread

Sunday Bloody Sunday
17167213117905065863136397705472.jpg

When Charlie broke his spine, me and another girlfriend of his, also named Sharon, walked into his hospital room each carrying a U2 War album. I don’t think there was a turntable in his room. I don’t know what we were thinking. The image of the boy on the cover was what got us I think. Charlie never listened to it. I tend not to listen to U2 anymore myself, but I’ll listen to this and remember living in Snowden, Montreal, with Charlie and all his drama.

me reciting a poem from longhand, called Moldy Visions Of Lichen Sclerosis

I’ve decided to take charge of my day at 1Pm, just under two hours from now, as well as I can. I don’t know what task I’ll try to tackle first. I want to find inspiration that will drive me to it. Another selfie is unlikely to do it, but I’ll give it a try.
17167469761185282753555496047106.jpg

I wonder how long the red patch in my eye will stay and what it means. I was trying to imitate Mamie Van Doren’s expression. I know I did very badly at that. I just look silly. Oh well. It’s just a photo. It’s not me.

Good luck to me
In this Chicken World
Everyone thinks it’s so funny it seems
Well not everyone
Someone showed up in a trench coat
And showed me his moves
But then I saw a face I didn’t think was his
The lines were no longer parallel
As my disappointment set in
Such a shock
That I did not recover from
Until I got comfortably home
In the green recliner
That holds me so kindly
Though it warps my back
Will I go to the restaurant today
Or blow myself away
With progress I make

So much for getting to task at 1PM. I rattle coughed quite a bit and went to bed. I’m a sinking ship. I’m aiming for 4PM now, but am not full of hope that I’ll do anything more than head to the restaurant for validation, a sense of traction, and an excursion to break up the monotony of my sloth at home, where I do the bare minimum of cleaning, and wish I would paint more, and at least try to write fiction. Before, I had mental health problems preventing me from making headway. Now, my mental health is great, but my physical health is keeping me spinning my wheels. I will do something at 4. Something or other, hopefully painting but I doubt it. I feel too sad to paint. Too sad to attempt to write fiction. Too sad to do laundry. I see my doctor tomorrow and am angry at her, so I’m sad about having to see her. It’s hard to get a doctor these days, and I just have to try to make the best of her dismissive attitude when it comes to my physical health. She’d rather suggest it’s my imagination that my body is plagued in a variety of ways, again, taking advantage of my schizophrenia label, which doesn’t fit the contents of my mind anymore, but it’s a nice convenient way to write me off.

At least broke out of my sadness slump enough to walk to the restaurant. Met a man who told me about some techno music I will check out later.
17167606571676196446773329428542.jpg

Bought 4 pack of Guinness tall cans before walking home from the restaurant. I approached a man that looked friendly to see if he wanted a Morrissey sticky note, but he told me about this music, which I’ll listen to now.

Oh I thought it was 2 minutes long. It’s 2 hours long. I won’t listen to it then…not for much longer. Guess I’ll read true crime.
17167651697957083933260444374901.jpg

Bought 4 pack of Guinness tall cans before walking home from the restaurant. I approached a man that looked friendly to see if he wanted a Morrissey sticky note, but he told me about this music, which I’ll listen to now.

Cans of Guinness! Guinness is my favourite drink. Here (UK) it tends to be around 4.2% in its various f0rms. Mainland Europe tended to sell 6% bottles last time I asked. So, is Guinness popular there? And what is available? My local shops only sell cans of Guinness draught, cans of Guinness alcohol-free (same price!) and cans for which you need a surge gadget. They sell bottles, quite expensive. For all I love draught Guinness in pubs I prefer the extra/ordinary (ie non draught) cans to drink at home. And it would be a four mile round walk for me to buy any. So, pray tell what you have bought? My longest ever post here is about Guinness and rightly so. Btw, I have had Guinness in Dublin and (shock horror) though it was good I have had just as good at other places, busting the myth.

Cans of Guinness! Guinness is my favourite drink. Here (UK) it tends to be around 4.2% in its various f0rms. Mainland Europe tended to sell 6% bottles last time I asked. So, is Guinness popular there? And what is available? My local shops only sell cans of Guinness draught, cans of Guinness alcohol-free (same price!) and cans for which you need a surge gadget. They sell bottles, quite expensive. For all I love draught Guinness in pubs I prefer the extra/ordinary (ie non draught) cans to drink at home. And it would be a four mile round walk for me to buy any. So, pray tell what you have bought? My longest ever post here is about Guinness and rightly so. Btw, I have had Guinness in Dublin and (shock horror) though it was good I have had just as good at other places, busting the myth.
It's 4.2% and contains some gadget that clicks around in the can.
17167724016403146044510159197370.jpg

It's 4.2% and contains some gadget that clicks around in the can.
View attachment 104514
The Widget? To produce gas, so it's like draught Guinness. I think I'm so interested because I couldn't get a Guinness today. Celebration day in my town, but after volunteering I found places either not open, not selling Guinness or too busy! Enjoy! And that's the best ever photo on Solo!

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom