The Drivel Thread

I don’t know how I got the disease, but I think I will need to sanitize my umbrella handle, the pot handle, and many other things that can’t be sanitized easily. The research I’ve done makes me think I contracted this slight fungal infection of my palms from petting a dandruffy dog about 3 months ago.

If you came to me now Morrissey, I’d be afraid to touch you because my palms are slightly fungal. Hopefully you’ll come when I will have mended. Don’t get me wrong. I want to be with you at any rate, though it would be a bit awkward avoiding passing on this fungus. But you touch hands with people all the time. You must have a great immune system.

It shows that I'm heavily medicated and besieged by health problems right now.
IMG_20240514_210624577.jpg

But if I hold the camera further from my face, my nose doesn't look so bulbous.
17157464680611475046519836657208.jpg

Oh, my nose still is bulbous. I wonder what genetic heritage I came from. Such a shame, somewhere sometime, that led to my biological parents separating from me at maximum two weeks old. I used to have a photo of a couple holding me at 2 or 3 and was told they were an aunt and uncle, but the way they held me says it was something more. I went next door to see them and was told they’d moved away. I’m a mess. But I’m hoping that my physical ills will be gone in 6 weeks. I’m being unrealistic to hope, when I know the cough will come back, but I can’t resist hoping to be healed in 6 weeks from everything that plagues me, because I haven’t coughed today, and being unrealistically optimistic feels better than succumbing to being hopeless, throwing my hands up in the air, and giving up.

I don’t know how I got the disease, but I think I will need to sanitize my umbrella handle, the pot handle, and many other things that can’t be sanitized easily. The research I’ve done makes me think I contracted this slight fungal infection of my palms from petting a dandruffy dog about 3 months ago.
There's also the fact that you live in filth!

Let's say there's a pair of friends; we will call them Theophilus and Jacinta. Theophilus is very attracted to his friend, however this is hopeless as Jacinta is married. Then again, occasionally married persons stray, but what are the signs? And how is someone as inept as Theophilus supposed to read them?

For example, a couple months ago Theophilus was intending to get away from his oppressively irritating day-to-day life by planning a trip to Washington, D.C. this June: to treat himself to a stay in a five-star hotel, sample the finest Asian cuisine our nation's capital has to offer, and break a decades-long concert drought by seeing the Raveonettes perform at the Black Cat. When Theophilus told Jacinta about his plans and described the Raveonettes' music because she wasn't familiar with them, she said, "that sounds amazing, I wish I was going with you." Which is obviously just an innocent rhetorical expression, except she added a dig at her husband by saying she'd like to go to a nice restaurant for a change without it seeming like a bribe to get her to end hostilities in a marital spat.

More recently Jacinta has commented to Theophilus that her husband is "letting himself go" and getting fat even though she asks him to eat healthier food, and also that she finds his company annoying. Theophilus is not fat and (hopefully) not too annoying, so is there even a sliver of hope that this could mean anything in his favor, or is he just the palace eunuch enduring the Queen's complaints about the King?

I am asking for a friend.

Let's say there's a pair of friends; we will call them Theophilus and Jacinta. Theophilus is very attracted to his friend, however this is hopeless as Jacinta is married. Then again, occasionally married persons stray, but what are the signs? And how is someone as inept as Theophilus supposed to read them?

For example, a couple months ago Theophilus was intending to get away from his oppressively irritating day-to-day life by planning a trip to Washington, D.C. this June: to treat himself to a stay in a five-star hotel, sample the finest Asian cuisine our nation's capital has to offer, and break a decades-long concert drought by seeing the Raveonettes perform at the Black Cat. When Theophilus told Jacinta about his plans and described the Raveonettes' music because she wasn't familiar with them, she said, "that sounds amazing, I wish I was going with you." Which is obviously just an innocent rhetorical expression, except she added a dig at her husband by saying she'd like to go to a nice restaurant for a change without it seeming like a bribe to get her to end hostilities in a marital spat.

More recently Jacinta has commented to Theophilus that her husband is "letting himself go" and getting fat even though she asks him to eat healthier food, and also that she finds his company annoying. Theophilus is not fat and (hopefully) not too annoying, so is there even a sliver of hope that this could mean anything in his favor, or is he just the palace eunuch enduring the Queen's complaints about the King?

I don’t know, at this time. I will check out the music video later. I’m just waking up and need to write morning pages first.

I just watched Bones UK’s Won’t Settle again, for the umpteenth time, and they are a hot band. Morrissey, if you fall in love with them and lose interest in me, I couldn’t blame you, but do cuddle me before I die hey? I’m getting rid of this hand fungus so I can cuddle you back without feeling creepy. I don’t know if I’ll succeed in getting rid of it for good though. It can stick around dormant on things, waiting for you to touch it. Your immune system is incredible. I remember seeing you shake the whole front row’s hands and then lick your palm after each hand you touched, at the Orpheum in, was it ’93? You’re a tank.

I just noticed a rash covering most of my upper body. It never ends, lately, my physical problems.

I don’t know, at this time. I will check out the music video later. I’m just waking up and need to write morning pages first.

Did you ever, Light Housework, in your long string of romantic misadventures with wheelchair-bound drug-dealing sadists and the like, ever conduct an affair with a married person? If so, did you initiate it or did they?

It seems like the trickiest ground to negotiate. Jacinta once grumbled about someone (we'll call him Socrates) who made a pass at her, and she said, "I hope I didn't give him the wrong signals." And Theophilus tried to explain to her, as tactfully as possible, how Socrates is a total goon who makes a pass at every attractive female and she wasn't the first to complain about him. But did she conduct herself with Socrates the same way she does with Theophilus? Because if so, then maybe she did give him the wrong signals. How can Theophilus know or hope for anything?

Three questions!

1) how old is Jacinta?
2) is theophilus autistic?
3) why would you ever ask light housework about this? Can't you see she's only interested in herself?

Three questions!

1) how old is Jacinta?

Well, Theophilus is too polite to ask that, but he is obsessive about collecting cultural references (made more difficult because Jacinta grew up in a foreign country) and life-story clues that could date things. And the window for her age is somewhere between five years younger than Theophilus and the same age as him. Their mothers were born in the exact same year.

2) is theophilus autistic?

According to you, yes. And he has never been good at flirting.

3) why would you ever ask light housework about this? Can't you see she's only interested in herself?

It's open thread, so the question is for anyone with insight on the subject. If Light Housework can give any commentary about this in between her commentary about her insect rashes and impending death, it would be welcome.

I'll tell you now, adultery is gross. And people who engage in it look to all the world like fools with no self respect. And when that person is already socially inept it just makes them look 10000% sadder.

Some amoralist you turned out to be. But if nobody knows about it besides the adulterers, who can judge them for being "gross" and "foolish," or the socially inept party for being "sad"? If this affair were to somehow miraculously happen, wouldn't it be okay for Theophilus to escape his lonely miserable life for just a couple days and nights in Washington, D.C.? Would you deny him even that?

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom