"That's How People Grow Up" live from US version of Greatest Hits

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
Has this been circulating yet? I have the bonus live disc from the regular version, but haven't been able to locate the live track of THPGU from the US release. Any help would be appreciated.

Really? Can someone provide these two tracks, then, from the US version please? I'm finding them impossible to locate.

CG, you da man/woman! Many thanks!

Someone just pmed me with the two tracks I was after, thanks!

Sure, pming you now.

Like I said to Purple, as far as I can tell, THPGU comes after Boy Happy, and Pigsty is track 09, so you may want to edit your Hollywood Bowl mp3 tags when you include these two US versions and replace them with the other two you currently have.

Last edited:
Sorry to be so cheeky but any chance you could PM me these two tracks, please?

It would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Bozzy:)

May I request those live tracks too please? 192K I hope???

I'll send you lossless versions in return for, ah, some of the stuff you must still have.

As if I haven't already given enough....sheesh! You cheeky monkey...

This information might confuse people but I feel I should post it anyway, simply because if I didn't know it I would want to. So..

There are 2 versions of the same recording for "That's How People Grow Up" live from The Hollywood Bowl.

It can be found on the US versions of Greatest Hits and it runs 3:04. But another track of the same recording had been previously released as a download only track in the UK at the time of release of that single. That version, which I uploaded to this thread a couple days ago, has a running time of 3:10. They are the same recording of the song but the editing of each version gives it a different length.

So, to clarify...

1 - US Greatest Hits version - 3:04

2 - UK Download Only Version - 3:10

If I've assed this up in anyway feel free to slap my face and let me know...

This information might confuse people but I feel I should post it anyway, simply because if I didn't know it I would want to. So..

There are 2 versions of the same recording for "That's How People Grow Up" live from The Hollywood Bowl.

It can be found on the US versions of Greatest Hits and it runs 3:04. But another track of the same recording had been previously released as a download only track in the UK at the time of release of that single. That version, which I uploaded to this thread a couple days ago, has a running time of 3:10. They are the same recording of the song but the editing of each version gives it a different length.

So, to clarify...

1 - US Greatest Hits version - 3:04

2 - UK Download Only Version - 3:10

If I've assed this up in anyway feel free to slap my face and let me know...

The 3:10 (mine's 3:11, but that may be because I converted it from the WMA file to AAC) UK download-only version was from the 01/22/2008 Roundhouse show, wasn't it? Or was there another UK download-only version?

There are two Hollywood Bowl live versions of "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy" on the Greta's Tits bonus disc, as I pointed out in my post above. The UK version is 2:56; the US version is 3:20 because it contains more banter leading into THPGU.

The 3:10 (mine's 3:11, but that may be because I converted it from the WMA file to AAC) UK download-only version was from the 01/22/2008 Roundhouse show, wasn't it? Or was there another UK download-only version?

I have 2 UK Download Only versions of THPGU and both are listed on Passions as follows:

"London Roundhouse 22 Jan 2008) {3:06}" - Passions

&

"Hollywood Bowl 8 June 2007) {3:10}" - Passions

Of the Hollywood Bowl there are 2 versions. The Download version (3:10) and the version on the USA Greatest Hits (3:04).

There are two Hollywood Bowl live versions of "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy" on the Greta's Tits bonus disc, as I pointed out in my post above. The UK version is 2:56; the US version is 3:20 because it contains more banter leading into THPGU.

Yeah, that's right.

I have 2 UK Download Only versions of THPGU and both are listed on Passions as follows:

"London Roundhouse 22 Jan 2008) {3:06}" - Passions

&

"Hollywood Bowl 8 June 2007) {3:10}" - Passions

Of the Hollywood Bowl there are 2 versions. The Download version (3:10) and the version on the USA Greatest Hits (3:04).

Weird. Ok, I didn't know that the same track was available as a UK download. Thanks for the info--I'll look for your download link.

EDIT: Just to clarify--was the UK download version in MP3 format, just as you uploaded it, or was it a .wma file like the other official downloads?

Last edited:
The difference between the UK download-only version and the US version of THPGU is that Morrissey actually says the track title "That's How People Grow Up" at the beginning of the song, whereas it's included at the end of Boy Happy on the US version. There is also a fade-in at the beginning.

The difference between the UK download-only version and the US version of THPGU is that Morrissey actually says the track title "That's How People Grow Up" at the beginning of the song, whereas it's included at the end of Boy Happy on the US version. There is also a fade-in at the beginning.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. Sad to say that that still merits enough of a difference for me to collect both versions. :D

(Any idea what date the UK download version was made available? I have to know where exactly to put in on my master playlist of all songs & versions. :D)

Back
Top Bottom