Morrissey Central "THANK YOU, NEW YORK" (October 26, 2023)

THANK YOU, NEW YORK

IMG_5646~2.jpg

Photo by S.E.R.

I know there was some disappointment in "40 Years of Morrissey" not having a setlist truly representative of the 40 years (he would need to do a 2-3 hour show). But the people actually attending the shows seemed to genuinely enjoy them. With this new development that Morrissey might get BOT back.... a good TV appearance... there's some sense of optimism again.

I know there was some disappointment in "40 Years of Morrissey" not having a setlist truly representative of the 40 years (he would need to do a 2-3 hour show). But the people actually attending the shows seemed to genuinely enjoy them.
Morrissey will never do a 2-3 hour show, though he has, not so long ago, managed about an hour and 45 minutes, with 22-23 songs. I think adding 4-5 truly classic songs would have made these shows even better, and better aligned to the title of "40 Years of Morrissey".

I'm thinking Tomorrow, The More You Ignore Me, Now My Heart is Full, Sister I'm a Poet, Panic, There is a Light, Playboys.... stuff like that.

But yeah, having seen two of these shows, they were very good.

Morrissey will never do a 2-3 hour show, though he has, not so long ago, managed about an hour and 45 minutes, with 22-23 songs. I think adding 4-5 truly classic songs would have made these shows even better, and better aligned to the title of "40 Years of Morrissey".

I'm thinking Tomorrow, The More You Ignore Me, Now My Heart is Full, Sister I'm a Poet, Panic, There is a Light, Playboys.... stuff like that.

So true, just imagine how crazy the crowd would have went if he'd only added two or three of those.

All great choices. I'd throw "Interesting Drug" in there, too. I'm not sure why that one has always been so neglected. Aside from 1991/1992 (and a couple gigs in 2007), he never plays it! It's one of my faves. And I think one of his, too, judging by how many times he's included it on 'best of' compilations.

Thank god for that. I've been to a three hour Cure show and it was draining the life from me but the first 90 mins was great.

That short list of songs is what I am dying to hear but alas I will not. Saving grace is I've heard them live before but not Playboys sadly.

Maybe it's called 40 Years of Morrissey simply because he's been doing this for 40 years and not necessarily within the context of this latest tour re setlist?

Thank god for that. I've been to a three hour Cure show and it was draining the life from me but the first 90 mins was great.

That short list of songs is what I am dying to hear but alas I will not. Saving grace is I've heard them live before but not Playboys sadly.

Maybe it's called 40 Years of Morrissey simply because he's been doing this for 40 years and not necessarily within the context of this latest tour re setlist?
The last time I saw him sing Playboys was Kilmainham Dublin, Greatest Hits Tour July 2008. Playboys was the final song (he played 22 songs) and I remember loving the concert but being slightly disappointed that he didn't sing the high notes. Alain sang those bits, as far as I can remember.

I saw The Cure twice this year - at MSG and Shoreline Amphitheater in Cali. Long show but it never dragged. Loved every minute of it. Moz can do more than 1 hr 24 min.

I saw The Cure twice this year - at MSG and Shoreline Amphitheater in Cali. Long show but it never dragged. Loved every minute of it. Moz can do more than 1 hr 24 min.
Glad you had a great time. My last hour of the Cure gig dragged mainly because it was all the hits which don't do much for me and the floor was concrete which I'm not a fan of for long standing. I'm a bit soft ;)

I saw the Cure too on this tour and, yes, they were amazing. But there were a couple of times where it dragged a little. Understandable in a 3 hour show. Morrissey never dragged at all and it was an hour and 3o minutes of pure joy. I loved both but preferred the latter. Others may feel differently.

All great choices. I'd throw "Interesting Drug" in there, too. I'm not sure why that one has always been so neglected. Aside from 1991/1992 (and a couple gigs in 2007), he never plays it! It's one of my faves. And I think one of his, too, judging by how many times he's included it on 'best of' compilations.
I was lucky enough to see one of the two 2007 airings. 'Twas awesome!

Wonder if it’s maybe to do with the backing vocals?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom