tell us about the last Film you saw

i still enjoy watching him, differently though. in my teens there were times when i thought there was no other cure available but watching his movies non-stop. his screwiness remains.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/04/woody-allen-dylan-farrow-metoo-movement-poster-boy

I'm glad I watched this interview yesterday. Apart from the fact that I admire, enjoy and educated myself with Allen's filmography, that single accusation always seemed quite strange considering the context in which it was made (a custody battle) and the fact it apparently was thoroughly investigated and dismissed by many professionals when the abuse was denounced. Both parties should always be listened to avoid witch hunts and terrible injustices. By the way, so many things seem to be unclear in Farrow-Allen relationship. The actual victim is not clearly singled out yet and possibly never will be. These unresolved family matters tend to ruin people's lives and sometimes the psychopath is the less expected person.

The interviewer is one of the smartest and bravest people here and he denounced a lot of corruption cases. That's why he is loved and hated with the same passion by different groups of people since corruption businesses are very extended here and lots of people profit from them. I'm not saying he is a saint, but I always follow his programs.

I reckon "The Brothers Grimsby". I reckon me like how it makes fun of that anti-American terrorist game socker that has nothing to do with Morrissey and all the foreigners that don't go to work so they can watch socker games on TV. I reckon me glad the main actor did not lose his house in LA like Rusty Brand. He is top ace m8.

I stumbled across a John Waters-esque movie called "The Greasy Strangler." It was not good.

Blame! A solid sci fi anime that’s worth watching if you’re a fan of the genre. The trailer is English sub titled but I watched a dubbed version on Netflix

could someone please let me know what's supposedly so great about the coen brothers? i dont see it. some "funny" quips, nice music, but most of the time just simply immature in its story telling. the characters are nothing more but clichès presented as if they coens wanted it that way, but lets be honest, they couldnt change it if they wanted to... oh yeah, i noticed that they put some thought into the narrative structure, the story repeatin itself to stress the protagonists impasse in life, yawn

if i havent said it yet: it's boring.
the cats were great, but of course had to be killed or abandoned as they, the wise and mature ones, were stealing the coens the show

The Coen brothers run hot and cold. For every amazing movie there’s a boring mediocre one but when you take the best of there films and make a list imo it’s impressive

Blood simple (some of the camera work and angles is just great in this film)
Barton fink
The big Lebowski
O brother where art thou
No country for old men (arguably better than the novel)
A serious man

Thes movies are just amazing to me. At times surreal and harrowing with others surreal and hilarious. Millers crossing and Fargo are also very good and though raising Arizonia is pretty light it was fun for it’s time

The Coen brothers run hot and cold. For every amazing movie there’s a boring mediocre one but when you take the best of there films and make a list imo it’s impressive

Barton fink
The big Lebowski
O brother where art thou
A serious man

Thes movies are just amazing to me. At times surreal and harrowing with others surreal and hilarious. Millers crossing and Fargo are also very good and though raising Arizonia is pretty light it was fun for it’s time
So you love your jewish hollywood films then.

yeah, that's why i make my personal involvenent in this story conditional on its legal status. so i assume he is through with it and that's why i don't ask any further questions.
I really like Woody Allen movies. I’ve heard nothing that convinces me the allegation is true. I really wrestled with it when I first heard about it. I used to do sexual assault counseling just after I left college. So I know the importance of believing the accuser, but in this case I just don’t. I feel sad that he’s produced this incredible body of work and that this will always be at least a footnote.

Barton fink
The big Lebowski
O brother where art thou
A serious man

Agreed. I’d throw Hudsucker Proxy in there, for sure. Burn After Reading grew on me after awhile, too. I find Coen movies endlessly watchable and discover new details all the time. There’s an awful lot of skill behind that simplicity, Lanterns.

Please tell me you are not doing a Rifke on me as well. I am certainly not one you could miss cause you and me never had any kind of interaction on here before now.
it's always obvious when it's urbanus, not because he goes on about dead jews, but because of this way he fuses sentence clauses. I don't know how to describe it but it's a dead give away. no one else does it like he does.

so, welcome back, urbanus. now please go back to wherever you were.

thanks so much for that (not). we were (not) waiting so long for it and now it's here, almost godsend.
despite all its taboo breaking the novel is quite conservatively told to fill its 200 plus pages. i guess the film is not any different?

You’re welcome. I had no idea it was a novel. Sometimes I just go to the Netflix search and type in some letters and see what’s offered. Eventually I got to wetlands and just tried it randomly. As for being edgy or taboo or whatever I have some trouble with that as I think a lot of modern generations do. I can’t really judge anything as taboo or whatever. I mean we’ve been raised by the internet and have seen a billion weird or gross things. I don’t think today’s generation really thinks of things as edgy unless they are really young (like eleven or something). I did think it gross in spots but I’ve seen a bunch of gross things in my life and it’s no big thing

Please tell me you are not doing a Rifke on me as well. I am certainly not one you could miss cause you and me never had any kind of interaction on here before now.
Most of you Anons all look the same to me. It’s hard to take anyone that seriously who, for whatever the reason, lurks in the shadows without face or name. But some of you have quite recognizable traits that makes it easy to associate you with your other incarnations. Whether you’re the real deal or an impersonator, I don’t really care.

Most of you Anons all look the same to me. It’s hard to take anyone that seriously who, for whatever the reason, lurks in the shadows without face or name. But some of you have quite recognizable traits that makes it easy to associate you with your other incarnations. Whether you’re the real deal or an impersonator, I don’t really care.
Someone not able to identify the real Urbanus and claiming this and that and the other is him must have the intelligence of a stone. Thing is you bitches cannot live with or without him as he represents that boyfriend you never had but always dreamed about. I have noticed over the years how you single spinsters flock around him and other abusive men here cause those type of guys will always represent something you want despite denying it over and over again.
He is dead and it is business as usual.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom