tell us about the last Film you saw

I know. How can you live like this? :)
maybe that's why i suffer from such acute feelings of emptiness: i just need to go dancing more. i need you to sort me out, 12"! :p

also need you to post pictures of your magnificent baklava cheesecake already.

maybe that's why i suffer from such acute feelings of emptiness: i just need to go dancing more. i need you to sort me out, 12"! :p

Maybe you are just feeling empty from being this websites most famous faghag.

Oh, I ate half the unfinished cake already. I was in a punk mood last night so I ate the bottom and the filling while listening to Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face.

movieposter.jpg

A simply brilliant story about a young genius. Here and there it is the cutest story I have seen since "Little Miss Sunshine".

A young girl whose mother took her life gets taken care of by her uncle and soon her teacher discovers her talent for math. Then this turns into a legal custody battle as the grand mother turns up claiming her rights to the child.

The film also deals with the millennial problems, the seven famous problems of mathematics. You can break this down to a redneck versus the british running America from Boston story if you like and what starts off as a feel good movie ends up as something else along the way.

The cast was made for each other and that makes it so good. On a personal level the girls fascination with the past before her time reminded me of when I as child was fascinated with the same thing trying to picture and understand what went on before I was born.

This film left me feeling very emotional.

MV5BYjBhMzcxYmYtOTg4ZC00ZjhkLWFjZjYtNDBjZDgxY2QwNjQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQzMzQzODY@._V1_.jpg

I missed the cinema release, but it's never too late for a good french film.

That cat reminds me I forgot the star of the above movie "Gifted" that is the one eyed red cat Fred. Them saving not only him from death but the rest in line for eternal sleep was a great part of the movie.

Never mind me ladies....

That cat reminds me I forgot the star of the above movie "Gifted" that is the one eyed red cat Fred. Them saving not only him from death but the rest in line for eternal sleep was a great part of the movie.

Never mind me ladies....

Your one eyed cat reminds me of a postcard I once decided to send to Moz as a fan.
It never did though. Just got lost. Maybe I should do a second try.
It was a British Shorthair. A beautiful and adorarable cat but with one eye.
I scribbled on it: " In the land of the blind, one-eye is King ". :)

Security-DVD.jpg

Been a pleasure to watch Banderas in his latest movies but in this one he took many steps back. This is about a young girl having witnessed the mob killing her parents and of course they wanna find her.

Banderas plays an ex-marine who gets a job as a security guard at a mall where the girl ends up one night as she escapes a stand off between the mob and the marshalls protecting her.

There is a very comical dude in this one playing the head of guards in the mall teaching him the ropes but this is a very poor movie in every way and I was very pleased when it finished.

On connaît la chanson

MV5BMTY4NTA3NzkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg2MDY4MQ@@._V1_.jpg

This film is about popular French songs, relationships and depression.

It would be wonderful if someone could write a screenplay interlacing Morrissey songs to produce a story just as it was made in this film.

Last edited:
371129-madre-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

A psychological thriller from Chile about a pregnant mother with an autistic kid. Her husband works in Japan leaving her to struggle to cope until a filipino woman appears like a blessing and is able to control the kid.

The film then turns into what could be described as a borderline horror movie without never really crossing the boundary into that genre completely. Not bad or brilliant but it felt a bit exotic to watch a film from Chile which is omething that doesn't happen too often.

3 out of 5 Pernilla Pillows.

The Mirror, by Andrei Tarkovsky. pure poetry. so many beautiful, poignant images. as with other tarkovsky films i've seen it's a little boring (you really need to be in a meditative mood to watch it), but just as you're thinking "this is boring" you're suddenly jolted with some incredible image or exhilirating sequence and then you think "this is the greatest thing i've ever seen"

The Mirror, by Andrei Tarkovsky. pure poetry. so many beautiful, poignant images. as with other tarkovsky films i've seen it's a little boring (you really need to be in a meditative mood to watch it), but just as you're thinking "this is boring" you're suddenly jolted with some incredible image or exhilirating sequence and then you think "this is the greatest thing i've ever seen"

I picture you looking for films in litter bins outside the library that recently had a fire. That would explain your ability to find rare films to boost your pretentious ego.

LOL

im feeling very nostalgic for new york as it used to be so my next batch of movies i rent are going to include:
i shot andy warhol
basquiat
taxi driver
(all of which i've already seen--a million times for i shot andy warhol)

can anyone think of any other movies that show new york as it was in the 60's/70's/early 80's?

i also want to rent vertigo because ive never seen it and olivia laing talks about it compellingly in her book 'the lonely city'

im feeling very nostalgic for new york as it used to be so my next batch of movies i rent are going to include:
i shot andy warhol
basquiat
taxi driver
(all of which i've already seen--a million times for i shot andy warhol)

can anyone think of any other movies that show new york as it was in the 60's/70's/early 80's?

i also want to rent vertigo because ive never seen it and olivia laing talks about it compellingly in her book 'the lonely city'

some beautiful weird from a time bygone....

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom