Spiked: "The fire in Morrissey" (December 31, 2022)

The fire in Morrissey now

Hi,being a dinosaur, I can't transfer a article from the Spiked website, if someone can help please. It's a good read.

Link added and additional note posted by BrummieBoy:

Michael Collins is a writer, journalist and broadcaster. He is the author of The Likes Of Us: A Biography of the White Working Class.

This essay was originally published in Arena HOMME+.

UPDATE Jan. 3:

Link posted on Morrissey Central:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
and ‘outmoded Bengali footwear’ ? Lol.

That bugs me as well - it comes from a review in the Melody Maker. There's no reason to think the song is set in the 80s. The platforms would suggest it's the 70s. It amazes me that journalists can keep repeating ideas from ancient IPC magazines without interrogating them.

Interestingly, there's a documentary clip of recent immigrants talking about trying to impress people - it must have been an issue.

Calling for restrictions for mass immigration isn't racist, you silly sausage.
You've demonstrated on here you're a HIDIOUS homophobic, racist poor excuse for a human many times, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you're too slow to understand that For Britain are quite clearly a far right racist political party that are built from literal offshoots of the BNP... and here I am surprised that someone can't see or understand that (or more likely their PIECE OF SHIT views align with your own).

Be honest, when you see yourself in the bathroom mirror in the morning, do you try and have a fight with the strange person staring back at you?

You've demonstrated on here you're a HIDIOUS homophobic, racist poor excuse for a human many times, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you're too slow to understand that For Britain are quite clearly a far right racist political party that are built from literal offshoots of the BNP... and here I am surprised that someone can't see or understand that (or more likely their PIECE OF SHIT views align with your own).

Be honest, when you see yourself in the bathroom mirror in the morning, do you try and have a fight with the strange person staring back at you?

Some meaningless terms thrown around...mmmmm....sounds familiar.

It was a BNP front. Their intention was to pass Anne Marie off as a left-wing liberal who turned to the centre right because she's been smeared and bullied for 'reasonable' views about rights for women, gay people & animals - which is why Morrissey was a great target.

But as she's gone off her rocker - much like Graham Linehan who is RTing the far right & no one can stop him - she kept giving the game away.

Collins has gone to the right in the culture war - but I don't think he's tipped over.

Some meaningless terms thrown around...mmmmm....sounds familiar.

Oh Honey, It's worse than I thought! I'm so sorry, I should have realised!

Homophobic: You hate anyone that isn't straight, normally projective in nature.

Racist: You hate anyone that isn't your own race

The bit at the bottom of my post is trying to imply you don't pass the mirror test for self recognition.... oh, uh, maybe I should dumb this down more. I think you're a thicko.

It was a BNP front. Their intention was to pass Anne Marie off as a left-wing liberal who turned to the centre right because she's been smeared and bullied for 'reasonable' views about rights for women, gay people & animals - which is why Morrissey was a great target.

But as she's gone off her rocker - much like Graham Linehan who is RTing the far right & no one can stop him - she kept giving the game away.

Collins has gone to the right in the culture war - but I don't think he's tipped over.

Graham Linehan was a left-wing twitter troll, who decided to go against the grain on one specific issue (quite reasonably) and had his career destroyed for doing so.

The bit at the bottom of my post is trying to imply you don't pass the mirror test for self recognition.... oh, uh, maybe I should dumb this down more. I think you're a thicko.

Why are you here? Are you even English/British? You obviously have no understanding of Moz's world view over the years or the history of Britain during Moz's existence.

I don't hate anyone....I'm sure your mum loves you.

I think people being angry at his political views has been overtaken by people angry at him being too snotty to self release his album.

I believe the people that are or have been angry at Morrissey, never liked him in the first place. And of course I’m not talking about fans.

You seem very angry for this early in 2023. Did you have a bad night or something? Be open to the possibility that everyone has something to say. Even if you disagree with them.

Why are you here? Are you even English/British?
What does it matter what that person's nationality is? Being British is not a prerequisite for liking Morrissey/visiting this website. Or maybe you think it should be?

It's hard for anyone to take your "I'm not racist, honest" protestations seriously when your mask frequently slips like this. You really just aren't very bright are you?

What does it matter what that person's nationality is? Being British is not a prerequisite for liking Morrissey/visiting this website. Or maybe you think it should be?

It's hard for anyone to take your "I'm not racist, honest" protestations seriously when your mask frequently slips like this. You really just aren't very bright are you?

It would give them greater understanding of Moz/his view of the country.

Why are you here? Are you even English/British? You obviously have no understanding of Moz's world view over the years or the history of Britain during Moz's existence.
OH SHIT!

BINGO!

I got all three! Come quick, check it out, it's true, it's actually, true, Look, Homophobic, Racist.... You're not going to believe this.. xenophobia!

*draws a line*

That's right, TAT! Huh? oh. The Arsehole's Trifecta!

Also my mum loves me, she's part french (sorry!)

Hofmann’s mask hasn’t slipped, you see he has never worn one whilst on this site. He is, as we all know a blatant Racist.
The only time he gets his gusset in a twist, is when the subject matter is about race or colour, this is when he creeps from his coffin.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom