Q magazine (again)

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
As referred to here, the latest Q has a lot of Smiths content. The main article on the last days of The Smiths is written by the hugely knowledgable Simon Goddard.

From the Russell Brand interview:

"If you were forced to sleep with a man at gunpoint, who would it be? (from Darren Collins, Macclesfield)
Morrissey, or perhaps one of those ones from Thailand that's got boobs. Is it something that I've ever done? Good Lord, no. I'm very squeamish about male genitalia."

There are references in the Youtube list to Morrissey in South, and the Charlie's Bus episode.

Then there's the whole "Last Rites" article about the last days of the Smiths. If you've read Songs That Saved Your Life, then you probably know the minutiae of the story. There's a nice list of Smiths' influences, which are spot-on (I'll type them up later - by the way, can anyone locate that interview where Johnny states that Girlfriend In A Coma could be dropped right onto Young Gifted And Black and you wouldn't spot the difference?) and a couple of celebrity mini-interviews - Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) (who reveals Morrissey contacted their management wanting to talk to Pete) and Luke Pritchard of The Kooks.

As referred to in the post linked above, there's a poll for your favourite Smiths song in conjunction with Q Radio. The text reads as follows:

'Q-Radio hosts a Weekend With The Smiths on 21 and 22 April. This will include a countdown of the 10 greatest Smiths Tracks Of All Time, as voted for by you. To register your vote simply text Q plus your selected track to 86633. Texts cost 25p plus standard network rate. Q Radio available at Freeview 716, Virgin Media 878, Sky 0181 and www.q4music.com'

The last words in the article are Johnny's words, from a new mini-interview that forms part of the article:

"I don't think things have to be the way they are," he says. "We continue to go through being Morrissey and Johnny Marr. There's a connection there whether we like it or not. It's a weird one. But I know life would be easier if we were friends."

Peter

they should just play 83-85 b-sides, and really finally give some real credit to Morrissey and Marr...oops! i mean The Smiths!

Back
Top Bottom