Pittsburgh, anyone?!

Any idea when Moz goes onstage?

Any idea what time the actual show starts? Is there an opening act?

I had some event I was supposed to attend pushed from last Tuesday to this Tuesday, and I want to see if I can somehow juggle the two. Is Moz actually expected to go onstage at 7pm?

Re: Any idea when Moz goes onstage?

Any idea what time the actual show starts? Is there an opening act?

I had some event I was supposed to attend pushed from last Tuesday to this Tuesday, and I want to see if I can somehow juggle the two. Is Moz actually expected to go onstage at 7pm?

from everything I've heard, Morrissey goes on around 8:30-- almost one hour exactly after the opening band plays at 7:30. just a guess.

I say come down "ill" for your meeting and get to the show early and soak in the event.

Re: Roll Call: Pittsburgh

I thought the tickets said 7:00, not 7:30, wouldn't that mean Moz at 8:00?
I also didn't see an opener listed...

I do have an extra ticket, a good one too, for the Pittsburgh show as I had to buy a pair to get a seat. I'm not getting in until JUST before doors, probably, but I'll be there. Drop me an email if you need a seat. puddlewalk at gmail.com.

Thanks!

I JUST HAD THE MOST FANTASTIC LUCK!
I went onto Ticketmaster's website randomly because I was curious if the show had sold out and I GOT ORCHESTRA SEATS! Where I was on 2nd balcony with my old tix! Thus, I have an extra ticket for $40. If you're interested, email me:
recordnerd at comcast.net

PGH Carnegie Music Hall Weather Report

In case anyone's interested, I work in Oakland right across the street from the Music Hall. The morning started off very foggy and slightly chilly (perfect weather for a Moz show!), but when I left work at 1PM the sun was out and the weather was warm and beautiful! Every time I went outside for a break or anything I tried to catch a glimpse down to the Hall and see if anything was going on. Doesn't look like anything now, but I'm sure lots of people will start arriving in a few hours. My friends and I are meeting at the Starbucks at Forbes and Craig St.s around 5PM before the show, then we're heading over around 6PM. I know getting there early doesn't matter much since it's an assigned seating event, but I just want to get in asap! I'm sure everyone will hang out in their seats for Red Cortez then beeline for the stage when Moz comes out! Hopefully I'll get a spot close to the front and maybe be able to shake his hand! Two years ago in Cleveland I got one of Boz's guitar picks but never got close enough to touch Moz. Wish me luck; I am Irish! :) See everyone there!

Re: PGH Carnegie Music Hall Weather Report

Awesome :) I am a few miles east in Johnstown and will be heading for the city in about an hour.

I got crap seats and will be in the balcony, so sadly, no getting near the stage for me :( I invaded in Philly, so I guess I got my share last time, but still.

If you see me, say Hi! I am female, 5'5', average build, brown hair in a bob cut, wearing jeans, a grey/silvery top with a band of sequins at the waist, and HUGE long silver dangly earrings. I will be with my husband, with longish brown hair and tattoos. Shanna and Matt. :)

Re: PGH Carnegie Music Hall Weather Report

Oh, I'm Irish, too. :)

This is the first St. Paddys day I am not spending at my parents Irish pub in Johnstown!!!

Just got out of show. Wow!!!

Check back tomorrow and I'll post links to videos. 3rd row center.

Set:
This Charm
Budd
B Cloud
Hsin
Let me kiss
Irish blood
That's how people
Paris
Ask
How can know feel
Bores
Loop
Disco Dancer
Seasick
Why don't you find
Best F on pay
Sorry
Hidden
Skull
I'm ok
Encore First Gang

Goodnight and thank you...

It was adorable when he was singing ITMAAP and he sang the line "only stone and steel, only STEEL!" And you could just see the light bulb go on when he thought "Oh! Pittsburgh, Steel! Haha."

Anyone have photos? I didn't take any, as my seats in 1st Balcony were not that good. They were fine when he wasn't favoring the Boz side of the stage, because when he was, he disappeared under the overhang.

Also, mad props to the folks who said Hello to me at Primanti Brothers. That was one of my highlights of my day!

I hope you Pittsburgh peeps had a ball. I'm very happy to see he's kept Sorry Doesn't Help in the set list. An unexpected but wonderful treat. Don't you think?

I forgot to ask; did he comment on it being St. Pat's day at all? Just curious as to what he said about it. thanks

I forgot to ask; did he comment on it being St. Pat's day at all? Just curious as to what he said about it. thanks

First of all, the band were all wearing the green "Irish Blood, English Heart" shirts. I thought that was cute. He also said something about the day being historic, though I'm not sure if he meant the fact that it was St. Patrick's day or that he was finally playing a show in Pittsburgh, or both. I think he may have said more, but I don't remember...

He also made a comment about the "many great Americans" that had been in Carnegie Hall, including Al Capone. Haha.

I loved after one of the songs, he asked the audience if we knew why singers walk around the stage during songs. He said it's because they keep the beat with the movements of their feet and it helps them remember the words. :cool:

Tags
concert morrissey oakland pittsburgh weather
Back
Top Bottom