Picture Discs

Tingle3

Not until yesterday had I ever bought a picture disc (now I have 2 ;) ). I thought they were the preserve of heavy metal bands. Is it true that the picture gets damaged if you play the record frequently or is that just a silly rumour? I guess the grooves must be in clear plastic layered on top of the picture but I don't know. How would I?

And what the heck are Fonzies?

I think Fonzies are just some foreign crisps

Not sure how recent the photo is, but I think it's a bit of an 'in' joke in that Jed (Weitzman) is related to Henry 'The Fonz' Winkler.

It is a lovely photo though!

Is it true that the picture gets damaged if you play the record frequently or is that just a silly rumour?

It's just a silly rumour. I have got loads of picture discs and, while the sound quality is not as good as it is on good old black vinyl, they still play as well now as they did when I bought them back in the picture disc crazy 1980's!

I should point out that none of my picture discs are by heavy metal bands. Having said that, most of them are Frankie Goes To Hollywood records, which is almost as embarrasing! (Would you believe that I saw Frankie Goes To Hollywood live and The Smiths live within 2 months of each other and thought that both were absolutely amazing. Well, I was only 14 at the time!).

Back
Top Bottom