New Fans - Old Fans

Yeah, i'm with Sami, there are A LOT of people who claim to 'love the smiths/morrissey' for the supposed credibility it gives them (THIS is not a rant).

These tend to be easy to spot, and i always feel, at shows, that i'm there because i love morrissey, whereas these people are there for a quick grope.

am i making any sense.....?

Oh my god said:
all attractive female fans over 18 and under 30
are welcome
others, kindly f*** off?
:o

as ever robby , you are a moron!

i have been a fan for 20 years and i think that its great that younger people are discovering him now.

when i see younger people enjoying Morrissey,i just think it makes them have great taste in music.

Jane Birkin said:
as ever robby , you are a moron!
thanks, coming from the likes of thee
that means so much to me
:D

ps:im sure some know that not only do not feel that way really
but much worse is the fact that i am sure the kind of sentiment i jokingly referred to is likely one that many have but would never dare to mention
cuz they are cowards...

Seeing how many younger ones turn up to see Our Moz gives me a lovely warm feeling...:o Having been a fan since...quite a while ago I appreciate the next generation joining in. Without them we'd probably be a bunch of grupy old men/women :D

I'm 17 and have been a Morrissey fan for about 4 years..
I have never met anyone else my age who likes him!xx
But age doesnt matter,if it did we'd all have to stop listening to the Beatles..and where's the sense in that?
xxxxx
It was love at first sight!

Illness_As_Art said:
But age doesnt matter,if it did we'd all have to stop listening to the Beatles..and where's the sense in that?
Oh, that sounds like heaven to me! Hey, I could move to Liverpool!:D

there are A LOT of people who claim to 'love the smiths/morrissey' for the supposed credibility it gives them

Really? My, how times change - when I was an uncouth youth being a Smiths/Morrissey fan meant your credibility rating among your peers went down to zero. :o

being that i am the newest of new fans i should be joining in this conversation. we're all "new fans" at some point so i have no shame in being one of the gang. i'm the begining of a whole new generation of moz enthusiasts and i take pride in that. i've introduced many people to his music and eventhough most people my age don't appreciate it, i do serve as some form of publicity.

sid james said:
Really? My, how times change - when I was an uncouth youth being a Smiths/Morrissey fan meant your credibility rating among your peers went down to zero. :o
exactly, i can honestly say, that i am sure there was more than fool that underestimated my ability to fight because i was wearing a Smith's T-shirt

:D

I have been a fan since 1985 and I think it is a good thing that there are young new fans...I enjoy seeing the young girls at the concerts and having them squeeze into me as the crowds surge forward. I even helped heft a couple young ones onto the stage to shake old Mogsy's hand at the Wiltern back on '04. Where else can an old man lift up a young girl and not get into trouble for it? I'd put out my back trying to get some old hag my age up onto the stage.
Bring on the young ones I say...it'll give Morrissey more motivation for continuing.

There is even a recent quote from Martin Gore of Depeche Mode about him being surprised at the new young fans at DM shows:
"For Gore, though, the oddest new thing on tour has been the return of the teenagers in the audience.

"It's been absolutely astounding," he said. "Looking out and seeing 16- and 18-year-olds in the audience is strange. I can second-guess it. We're getting played on the radio again, and I think that keeps us relevant. And a lot of the bands in the new electronic scene cite us as influences a lot."
from: http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-li.music18may18,0,232415.story?coll=bal-live-headlines
if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom