MySpace. A fake?

Rocco Sifredi

Half a Man of Means
Has anybody seen, the MySpace page that a certain MORRISSEY opened.
Is it him? or just someone that could do a nice imitation of him signing to myspace? What do you know? Have you discussed this?
Rocco

Its really Morrissey's Official MySpace... but i do believe it is under the control of someone from Sanctuary... Moz doesnt comment back or anything like that. I doubt he's even seen his myspace page... lol. But they post nefty little bulletins about upcoming releases and downloads and what not...

MySpace... Bitches!
http://www.myspace.com/lindys_coffin

well at least the myspace is a dam site better than "the official site". Red Lightning have a good myspace Alain even replies back.

Last edited:
it's obviously not real... unless ol' mozzer really felt bored one night and wanted to mess with people but who would do such a thing? (i would *wink*)
i do find it hilarious, though how on "morrissey's" personal details it reads: body type- 5'11'/ some extra bagage. hardy har har.

for the most part, people who aren't familiar with myspace don't understand anyone can make a myspace page and easily use a fake name or e-mail. if you type in moz's name on the search bar, there are hundreds of him. some quite funny, actually.

I thought this line was very convincingly Morrisseyesque:

"I live alone, and that’s okay with me, but is it okay with you? Of course not."

I also liked the roam, italy pun. very Moz

veradicere said:
Hehe. It's funny, but I highly doubt it's real. In my personal opinion it reeks of fakeness.

so, curious how all those "friends" on that myspace page are leaving comments of praise for him. do they believe its real? or just joining in a perceived joke?

any chance its real and he's asserting himself against sanctuary? (hope that is not naive or anything...don't beat me up)

real/fake debate here we go....:D

Last edited:
rocco or anyone: do you know when this myspace page came about? how recent was this?

had anyone seen this page before Rocco brought it up to the board?

thanks for the info.

I once read a Morrissey interview in which he mentioned Oliver Twist - the film - one of the older versions. Plus, the witty self-deprecating lines are very Morrissey-like, so it doesn't seem that fake to me (even though it's probably an impersonator or joker).
Whoever they are, they're definitely a fan and have done a lot of research.

veradicere said:
Hehe. It's funny, but I highly doubt it's real. In my personal opinion it reeks of fakeness.

And anyway, didn't he say Dickens puts him to sleep? I remember that distinctly because I often use Dickens as a route to somnolence as well.

Morrissey doesn't use telephone, he uses fax... so i doubt he has ever even thought of making his blog or myspace page. :D :D

where is king leer, suzanne, uncleskinny, puddle, worm, and theo when we need them? :D

guess by their absence in this thread, that implies they all believe it to be a jokester?

i forgot...
come on! there are at least 3 or 4 "morrisseys" at myspace! he must be very bored or something... so he created about 5 accounts... :D

^you never know. remember the general consensus (ie, "fake") on THE EMAIL before the proof came out.

and for Rocco: if there are 3-4 Morrisseys on myspace, just wondering why did you choose this one to bring to our attention? why not the others as well?

Back
Top Bottom