Moz in the Independent

Aye on the back page a pic of Moz, it's an advert for Mark Rileys bbc radio show tonight at 8pm, it's actually about Sparks but I guess they couldn't be arsed looking for a pic of them so they are usin Mozzers mug to advertise it. :p

love

Grim

How odd - has he ever done a Sparks cover? I have the covers album they did (Sparks covering Sparks songs with various guest acts) and I don't remember him being on it.

I don't recall him doing a Sparks cover, but he has played "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" on this tour's pre-show music.

Not to say I was there. Hrmph. :(

Last edited:
Will check the Observer out.
If it is The Smiths, hope it is the gig at Salford University 1986. My all time favourite gig ever.
And The Stone Roses at Blackpool 1989 must also be there (not Spike Island the following year, a big let down!)
Everyone always bangs on about Spike Island. It became an event 'to be at' rather than a great gig, Blackpool was the one for me!

The Goat

How odd - has he ever done a Sparks cover? I have the covers album they did (Sparks covering Sparks songs with various guest acts) and I don't remember him being on it.
No. Maybe he'll do it one day since he's a huge fan. He did put their songs on his compilations Under the Influence and Songs to Save Your Life and plays them often as his intermission tracks.

They did the remix of Suedehead, however.

Back
Top Bottom