Morrissey turns down a Louis Theroux documentary.

Brel

Guttersnipe
This may have been posted already? But...

In todays Guardian Guide, Louis Theroux said:-

"I actually asked Morrissey if we could do a documentary on him while he was promoting Ringleaders of the Tormentors last year. I think spending time with his entourage would be really interesting. Sadly he turned it down. He'd just done one for C4 so maybe that hadn't gone well"

What an insult, being asked to do Louis Theroux?

Jimmy Saville, Paul Daniels, Debbie McGee, Neil & Christine Hamilton, Morrissey...I don't think so!!

Too bad, I love his Weird Weekends (though I suppose that it is a little insulting to be considered an interesting subject for his show...)

Jimmy Saville, Paul Daniels, Debbie McGee, Neil & Christine Hamilton, Morrissey...I don't think so!!
Don't forget Michael Jackson (well, an attempt, anyway :) ). But I love Louie, he's very intelligent, could have been interesting (though I seriously doubt they'd hit it off ;) ).

Too bad, I love his Weird Weekends (though I suppose that it is a little insulting to be considered an interesting subject for his show...)

No. You have to have lost everything, your career, your appeal, your money and your pride. Then perhaps at a very low and dark moment, you might consider it. Personally I'm with Wilde. I'd be looking at the Stars, not contemplating Theroux.

Louis Theroux is excellent and I think Moz would have been a suitable choice, but considering that Louis has a real talent of getting people to reveal themselves, this is probably why it was refused. Shame.

It's off-topic, but Louis's cousin Justin has worked with David Lynch, he could ask Lynch next time.

saw him at white hart lane on wednesday as it happens

he would just try to make morrissey look like a cock, could;nt see morrissey coming out of this positively

It's off-topic, but Louis's cousin Justin has worked with David Lynch, he could ask Lynch next time.

sshhaaaaruuuuuuppppp

Louis is fantastic. Although I am pleased Moz didn't say yes, if anyone was to reveal the horrid side of Moz it would be Louis.

No. You have to have lost everything, your career, your appeal, your money and your pride. Then perhaps at a very low and dark moment, you might consider it. Personally I'm with Wilde. I'd be looking at the Stars, not contemplating Theroux.

Absolutely. Can't imagine he seriously considered it. Must say I find Theroux's sneery, faux naive persona deeply irritating. Patronising to his subjects- some might feel they 'deserve' to be ridiculed- but I find it uncomfortable to watch. Not good uncomfortable like Chris Morris just bad, bad, bad.

Absolutely. Can't imagine he seriously considered it. Must say I find Theroux's sneery, faux naive persona deeply irritating. Patronising to his subjects- some might feel they 'deserve' to be ridiculed- but I find it uncomfortable to watch. Not good uncomfortable like Chris Morris just bad, bad, bad.

Agreed, I think he's a bit of a tosser as well.

This may have been posted already? But...

In todays Guardian Guide, Louis Theroux said:-

"I actually asked Morrissey if we could do a documentary on him while he was promoting Ringleaders of the Tormentors last year. I think spending time with his entourage would be really interesting. Sadly he turned it down. He'd just done one for C4 so maybe that hadn't gone well"

have you seen the documentaries on those people? they're very interesting and well made, louis theroux is very intelligent and i think it would great to therous and morrissey working together.

The one with Orville was really creepy, Keith Harris crying as he watched old clips of their heyday on video. Theroux is very good but Morrissey should stay well away.

have you seen the documentaries on those people? they're very interesting and well made, louis theroux is very intelligent and i think it would great to therous and morrissey working together.

Yes. They are certainly entertaining (to a point), but I have to disagree with you on the "very intelligent" bit. For my money, Theroux chooses subjects who have a publicity agenda (be it political, ideological or just clinging to a dim and distant bit of fame they had in 1972), and therefore are easy prey to his creation. The biggest subject of his programmes however, is always Theroux himself.

Last edited:
Louis would have treated Morrissey exactly the same way as he treats all his subjects. He would basically have presented him as a weirdo.

Louis would have treated Morrissey exactly the same way as he treats all his subjects. He would basically have presented him as a weirdo.

steve is a f***in' weirdo.

I would have loved to see this, but now it's been pointed out, his subjects are always on the wacky side.
Shame as Louis is great.

Back
Top Bottom