Morrissey Shirt

The Youngest

doesn't eat his friends
Where would I find a piece of Morrissey's shirt? I have been looking for ages. I saw a full shirt on eBay for about £1500 but I don't think my pocket money would stretch to that! :D I would be extremely greatful if someone could show me where.
Thanks
The Youngest

Dear Youngest,

As I see it, the only way to get your hands on a bona fide piece of shirt is to catch it at a gig, hot off the press as it were! I think getting a shred of his shirt any other way just would be disappointing somehow. You could never be sure that it was genuine, and getting it in the excitement of the show far far better. Its a bit like the Holy Grail - more of a lifelong mission perhaps rather than instant gratification?

Patience is a virtue dear Youngest!

xxx

Does anyone else dread the shirt coming anywhere near them? It looks like such a bloodbath but my competitive side would compell me to dive in regardless.
Luckily so far he's thrown it to the wrong side leaving me to breathe a sigh if both relief and disappointment, with relief slightly winning out.

sarahT said:
Does anyone else dread the shirt coming anywhere near them? It looks like such a bloodbath but my competitive side would compell me to dive in regardless.
Luckily so far he's thrown it to the wrong side leaving me to breathe a sigh if both relief and disappointment, with relief slightly winning out.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd like to imagine that I would stay cool, and just let the frenzy go on without me, but I know I'd totally loose control, and fight like a wild cat!

I would be quite embarrased also, as my girlfriend seems to tolerate my Morrissey 'thing', infact she even partakes in my love of him, but I think she would not be very unimpressed if I was in the middle of some sort of scrum for a bit of anoher man's shirt, lol :)

Mmm, I agree that buying a piece of shirt might not be as good... I mean, it would be nice to own a little bit of Morrissey but I'd much rather be part of the scrum at a gig for something I'd just seen him throw... I once saw a signed picture in an autograph shop selling for about £250 but a) I didn't have enough money and b) I want to meet him and get him to sign something for me! It's hard to explain, really...

As an answer to your original question, no, I don't know where you'd be able to get any shirt, as I don't know of any Morrissey fan who'd sell! My only advice is to keep going to gigs and try and catch some for yourself :)

I don't really understand the shirt frenzy at concerts. Last time I was nearly tramped over when the mob charged for the cloth and while they were fighting for a piece they also missed some of Moz's performance! Why go to a concert and then spend a part of your valuable time doing something extremely stupid?

I recall being lucky enough to get my hands on a small piece at one of the Albert Hall gigs in 2002, to be honest some kind soul had grabbed quite a large piece and was kindly cutting small strips up and giving them to folks like myself who had nearly grabbed it when it flew through the air. Nice gesture I thought...

Lilac 1 said:
I recall being lucky enough to get my hands on a small piece at one of the Albert Hall gigs in 2002, to be honest some kind soul had grabbed quite a large piece and was kindly cutting small strips up and giving them to folks like myself who had nearly grabbed it when it flew through the air. Nice gesture I thought...

I'm glad to hear that there're really nice people who kindly share the reward.

Almost exactly 15 years ago his first Japan tour's last gig in Yokohama I was fortunately in the middle of the front row. It was a miracle that I caught his lame shirt using my flowers, but dropped in the gap of the stage and the seating area. A security guard put it back on the stage. Then Morrissey threw it again, I got it on my flowers second time, but when I was trying to retrieve it a very cheeky bugger on left-hand side stole it!!:mad: Naturally I furiously confronted the bastard and his girlfriend, demanding them to hand it back to me. About 30 minuite later finally she said, "we also helped you to catch it, so can we have a piece ?" :mad:

Can you imagine how I felt? It's the most outrageous remark I've ever heard in my life!! I could have refused, but gave them a piece. I still regret doing so.

I heard that at Blackburn gig in May three people fought for a shirt and one of them broke his teeth:eek: Presumably because of the incident Morrissey didn't throw his shirt in Liverpool...I was in the third row and hoping to catch it...

Don't buy his shirt on eBay...there will be a chance one day you might lucky enough to get it;)

Back
Top Bottom