Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

He simply does not care about his fans. This has always been the case. In 1991 I had 2nd row seats for a Worcester Mass arena show. It did not sell out, so his eggshell ego fractured and he cancelled the show. Not as bad as when he cancelled Madison Square Garden (2007?) two hours before showtime. Flew a friend in from the west coast for that one. Seven times he has cancelled on me. I'll only even take a chance on tickets if the show is local. No way will I ever make travel plans again.

I was there, drove there, didn’t know it was canceled until I arrived at the theater (pre-internet days, as you know).

But did he really cancel because it was not sold out? because he not only canceled that show, but the rest of the East cost dates ….

‘Dates scheduled in Worcester, Albany, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Williamsburg, Chapel Hill, Birmingham, New Orleans, Lakeland and Miami at the tail end of the tour were cancelled. After over 6 months of touring everywhere and doing television, radio and magazine interviews almost constantly, exhaustion must have had the better of Morrissey. It was time to kill "Kill Uncle" and move on to the next album.’

I was at the Nassau Coliseum show the night before, and he seemed in high spirits.

Also the last show, NZ he canceled, were sold out, so that’s not always the speculated reason why he cancels shows. Interesting, as always.

I was there, drove there, didn’t know it was canceled until I arrived at the theater (pre-internet days, as you know).

But did he really cancel because it was not sold out? because he not only canceled that show, but the rest of the East cost dates ….

‘Dates scheduled in Worcester, Albany, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Williamsburg, Chapel Hill, Birmingham, New Orleans, Lakeland and Miami at the tail end of the tour were cancelled. After over 6 months of touring everywhere and doing television, radio and magazine interviews almost constantly, exhaustion must have had the better of Morrissey. It was time to kill "Kill Uncle" and move on to the next album.’

I was at the Nassau Coliseum show the night before, and he seemed in high spirits.

Also the last show, NZ he canceled, were sold out, so that’s not always the speculated reason why he cancels shows. Interesting, as always.
It was over thirty two years ago but yes. There was no internet but the word on college radio and in the record stores was that Morrissey cancelled and flew back over the pond because the Worcester gig was less than half sold out. It's all good as I was at his 1st ever US solo show May 91, at the San Diego Sports Arena. What an experience. Sold out and the crowd exploded in pandemonium when he opened with "Interesting Drug". I had tears in my eyes at the time.

The Worchester show wasn't at a theater. It was at the 14,000 seat Centrum Arena. It was for another decade until he started cancelling theater shows

The Worchester show wasn't at a theater. It was at the 14,000 seat Centrum Arena. It was for another decade until he started cancelling theater shows

Ok, you’re right. Not a theater. But the whole rest of the tour was canceled.

It was over thirty two years ago but yes. There was no internet but the word on college radio and in the record stores was that Morrissey cancelled and flew back over the pond because the Worcester gig was less than half sold out. It's all good as I was at his 1st ever US solo show May 91, at the San Diego Sports Arena.

What an experience. Sold out and the crowd exploded in pandemonium when he opened with "Interesting Drug". I had tears in my eyes at the time.

Yep. Just like my first experience at the Greatwoods Mass show in 91 :rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom