Luxembourg roll call

Joe Benzon

I don't see a thread for this already. Who is going?

I am desperately seeking to book a room at the last minute for my friend and I near the venue and it is looking like everything is booked already. Any suggestions?

I will be there. I'm really looking forward.

But if got one ticket left - so if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thankfully I didn't see this earlier, because otherwise I'd be so going as well. :rolleyes: :blushing:

I really like Luxembourg. :)

Have fun! :D

It is a rather small venue, isn't it? 1200 capacity I think I once read.

Yes, the "club" inside the Rockhal is small - I'm not sure about the capacity, but I guess it is less than 1.000. I was there only once (Porcupine Tree 2008).

The "main hall" is a lot bigger - capacity about 5.000.

@ Joe Benzon The ticket is standing - there are no seating tickets as far as I know.

I went on the ROTT tour.

Cracking venue albeit in a very odd place a 20 minute train ride out of the city IIRC.

Relatively small (1200 sounds about right ) and was only about 3/4 full too had no problem getting to the front / centre of the barrier turning up around an hour before doors opened. A few of the usual suspects there but only around 20 queueing at most.

Easy place to get to on VLM from Manchester via London City ( without getting off)

Decent beer too in Lux !!

Last edited:
I went on the ROTT tour.

Cracking venue albeit in a very odd place a 20 minute train ride out of the city IIRC.

Relatively small (1200 sounds about right ) and was only about 3/4 full too had no problem getting to the front / centre of the barrier turning up around an hour before doors opened. A few of the usual suspects there but only around 20 queueing at most.

Easy place to get to on VLM from Manchester via London City ( without getting off)

Decent beer too in Lux !!
did you see him returning at and from the soundcheck?

My first Morrissey concert ...

good setlist, good sound - but only 75 minutes - that's really too short. Even Bob Dylan, who is nearly 20 years older, plays at least 110 minutes. That is very disappointing. I'm glad that I've seen Morrissey finally in concert, but I don't think I've got to see him again.

There are lots of better live performers.

My first Morrissey concert ...

good setlist, good sound - but only 75 minutes - that's really too short. Even Bob Dylan, who is nearly 20 years older, plays at least 110 minutes. That is very disappointing. I'm glad that I've seen Morrissey finally in concert, but I don't think I've got to see him again.

There are lots of better live performers.

:eek::eek::confused: Not many...

Moz has never played more than about 90' sets.
Yesterday was short indeed.
I remember a Southpaw Grammar tour and when he came here to Belgium it only lasted 70'.

i have forwarded reviews for the second time to a concert to the main board but it didnt got added to it,for a reason i am not understanding really... the other one was manchester (23th) which i was atterding and where i did wrote a review and forwarded it to the main board where it didnt appear: beside two others things it was a detail what was happening onstage not mentioned in the already posted comments of others (or at least not in detail)
hmmm....:confused:
no big deal. Im just wondering.werll,i have never (tried to)contribute to the main board anyway beside the reviews for the concerts i was forwarding.
i will now forward my review of the berlin concert..
edit: but maybe it has something to do thta i add the comments to manchester and luxembourg as anonymous. ans therefore it didnt added?
..tht explain it..sorry..was just a bit .... cause it ddi take me some time to write the manc and lux comments..all is forgiven....
now luxembourg which might have been interesting for the main board as well but it didnt get added either.
I have added more moz quips to this review as in the main board post which had included one or two quips, setlist plus the link to the blog which also have pictures.
so here.r luxembourg, (which i didnr attend myself,) but someone from an german popculture forum, where i am a member for years ,spoke a bit about the concert and also i got most details from a review which was included in a german concertblog

quips morrissey said :

"Luxembourg, twelve votes", as an introduction

Thanks Morrissey!", Morrisseys replying "What do you mean?",

he was given a book as a present (a book) from someone out of the audience to which he replied after taking it
"(I have the book?), I've read the book, but thanks".
the title of the book was proza.

he was given the mike to someone supposely french. that person ask him for please come (back ) to france and thanked him for the night.

On the bass Solomon Walker, on the drums Matt Walker",- "Lalalahh Jesse Tobias, lalalalalaaahh Kristopher Pooley." - and about himself: "And I am a very small detail."

understatement..he is so good at it,eh?;-)

"Thanks for standing. Thanks for standing - it!"

"Forgive my fate" at the end before leaving

th blog where i got it from (written in german+the setlist and pictures)
http://meinzuhausemeinblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/morrissey-esch-sur-alzette-050609.html

that person from the german popculture forum mentioned h his voice sounded not 100 percent fit,you could still tell he has a cold , but no major cracking of the voice

Last edited:
Actually, the guy with the microphone said "Thank you Morrissey and welcome back to France" - I wonder how ignorant people have to be to completely ignore the fact that Luxembourg is a country of its own and neither part of Germany nor of France. But Morrissey obviously looked quite puzzled and quite rightly so.

Also, the security was ridiculous that night. People queuing for 5 minutes or less got in earlier than people who had been waiting for hours.

Actually, the guy with the microphone said "Thank you Morrissey and welcome back to France" - I wonder how ignorant people have to be to completely ignore the fact that Luxembourg is a country of its own and neither part of Germany nor of France. But Morrissey obviously looked quite puzzled and quite rightly so.
:lbf:
yeah someone in the comments to that blog where i got the info about what was happening at that concert did mention that too-"that the person said "welcome back to france" ,I was just about to add it as well)
but the orginal person who wrote the blog did take it in that way that the person who was given the mike was saying that he should come back to france...lol

EDIT:
someone also wrote there was some stage invaders sttempts, were they sucessfull?

Last edited:
yeah someone in the comments to that blog where i got the info about what was happening at that concert did mention that too-"that he said welcome back to france" ,I was just about to add it)
but the orginal person who wrote the blog did take it in that way that the person who was given the mike was saying that he should come back to france.

I don't know, really. There were so many French people at the concert, maybe they really did feel like "at home" for some mysterious reason. But the funny thing is he actually pronounced it like "friends" and so Moz was like "Friends?", as obviously he does not think of Luxembourg as being part of France. But I do know that some people do not know what or where Luxembourg is - believe me, I have experienced some weird things in that department :squiffy:

EDIT:
someone also wrote there was some stage invaders sttempts, were they sucessfull?

One guy did make it up on stage during the main set but was dragged off before he got to Morrissey.Plenty of attempts during the encore but no succeses.

Please take into account that a big part of the french-speaking fans in the crowd weren't french but..belgian !
I was myself at the gig with about 12 other friends, and we met some usual faces from various parts of Wallonia. (in case you've never even heard of Wallonia, Belgium is like divised into 2 majors parts, the eastern that speaks french and the western that speaks dutch, with the Brussels area mixing the two languages).

Back
Top Bottom