London people into animal rights! READ.

MunchyBrain

Born Against
Campaign for a fur-free Brick Lane, demonstration outside Moda Show, 220 Brick Lane, E1 6SA from 12pm - 4pm, this Sunday.

As you may or may not know, there's a lot of shops on Brick Lane that sell real fur. The worst of these is Moda Show, it stocks fox, rabbit, chinchilla, mink, kangaroo skin and coyote, as well as others because according to them they can get any type of fur you want.

This is a regular protest, it happens every Sunday. The people who organise it are really nice, gets quite a good turnout, and I will definately hopefully be there. If you can come along that'd be awesome. :)

http://www.furfreeuk.com/eventsactivities.htm

londons a tadge for for me dear,
but if i could i certainly would be there.. :)

Is it that apparent? ;)

Back to my question, though. Why do people wear real fur when they faux fur--which looks exactly the same--is an easy alternative?

I'm guessing because of the snobbery of, 'Oh, it's fake! *turns nose up* Why not have the real thing?' :mad:

I don't know if I could come, sadly. I'd feel bad, because I'm only seeing my Dad one day this week, and that day is Sunday. :(

Has anyone ever actually worn a fur coat? When I was little I put on my great-grandmother's mink one. It was super heavy and hot and itchy. Not very comfy.

Back
Top Bottom