Knotted shirt...who was first?

Black Eyed

Isn't he gorgeous !!
There was a picture in my paper today of David Johansen and it begs the question, did Moz copy the Dolls or did this new (old) version Doll copy Moz???

img342.jpg

some people previously discussed some of this in the "Moz 'new look' at Roskilde" thread
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=60944&highlight=roskilde

El Manzo said this:

El Manzo said:
Do you like this little change in his style?
A lot like the 'usual' Morrissey look, but a bit David Johansen and a bit Jagger in 1975.

and also relevant were these remarks (post #22 of that same thread):
mozmic_dancer said:
Oh yes, very 70s. Knotted shirts on guys and girls were all the rage.

I've never seen the trousers before. The waistband is pretty wild. Moz must have been feeling his cheerios that day.

I give it a thumbs-up.

just saying....of course, it can always still be discussed again here, now :D

I saw him at Roskilde with a friend who didn't really know him that well, but she ended up liking him! Even with the knotted shirt!
After the show I thought I'd better get myself something to remember it, since my own pictures would probably be crap, so I bought this A4 picture from the concert - knotted shirt and all - which now adorns my wall.
All my other friends think it's gross ;-).

At first I thought it looks silly, but after seeing it live I must say it's quite nice really (only looks strange on the pictures)..

ellekari said:
At first I thought it looks silly, but after seeing it live I must say it's quite nice really (only looks strange on the pictures)..

Exactly! I was there too, and I thought he looked great...very relaxed and sexy. That doesn't really come through in the pictures, although I think this one is very nice.

more importantly, who should stop doing it the most?

i like the pot-belly mozzy has, but i would prefer him to be thinner...does that make me totally evil? *bows head*

Looks like this bow thing is all the rage in 'more mature' guys. I wonder when my dad will jump on the band wagon.

El Manzo was sporting one in 1942.
There is no proof that this picture was taken after that year. :D

Last edited:
El Manzo said:
El Manzo was sporting one in 1942.
There is no proof that this picture was taken after that year. :D

I spy the Moz singles box sets! :D

Black Eyed said:
There was a picture in my paper today of David Johansen and it begs the question, did Moz copy the Dolls or did this new (old) version Doll copy Moz???

Now, one wouldn't see that on South Road or Saint John's Road would they BlackEyed ;)

I hope Moz drops this look as quickly as possible cause it just ain't right.

no one in particular said:
care to explain these homegrown funnies for the outsiders on here?
please, thank you

If I must.

Just roads with shops on between where I sit right now, in work, in the docks, and the location that BlackEyed has down on her user details.

Anyway, Moz, if you are reading this, please do not repeat this look, it doesn't work.

mjp said:
Now, one wouldn't see that on South Road or Saint John's Road would they BlackEyed ;)

I hope Moz drops this look as quickly as possible cause it just ain't right.

Sorry Martin, only just read the above, v funny:) They are not places I frequent personally, but each to their own. We all know the shirts Moz wears are high quality (me personally since I own nearly a whole sleeve!) and they shouldn't be tied up like this, I agree it aint right;)

Back
Top Bottom